Sign in to follow this  
Moxie man

season wipe

I know the wipe is done because of programing. But I would love to see you guys wipe every season makes the game fun and completive. I came over from ark and love the farms and warehouses. But the other thing I really like is the wipe after every season would be a great step to help grow the game. Did know if you talked to the developer's and see if they will keep that up for this game? 

35 minutes ago, Moxie man said:

I know the wipe is done because of programing. But I would love to see you guys wipe every season makes the game fun and completive. I came over from ark and love the farms and warehouses. But the other thing I really like is the wipe after every season would be a great step to help grow the game. Did know if you talked to the developer's and see if they will keep that up for this game? 

What? You realize after every wipe only a fraction of the people that left come back right? And besides that, the initial influx every wipe has gotten smaller and smaller. There is a definite east to see trend going on. Probably won’t get above 2500-3000 players after the wipe and it will go down to below 1k this time.

they are wiping because of programming, they are wiping because they are making another new map that nobody asked for. Just like the first time they changed it and nobody asked for it. The only content they are really making is a platform saddle that is imported from ark. They didn’t really put in any hard work at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, George of the jungle said:

Probably won’t get above 2500-3000 players after the wipe and it will go down to below 1k this time.

Source? 

I don't know the exact numbers. I will say, every season so far has been more engaging and well thought out than the previous ones. That being said, I am super suspect about this one. Those towers better have been nerfed. Ideally there are no claimable islands anymore. Or else what was the fucking point of towers?

41 minutes ago, George of the jungle said:

they are wiping because of programming, they are wiping because they are making another new map that nobody asked for. Just like the first time they changed it and nobody asked for it. The only content they are really making is a platform saddle that is imported from ark. They didn’t really put in any hard work at all.

The original map was perfect, new one sucked. Lots of people were asking for a new (the old one really) map. Hopefully they will restore the size of the old map at the very least.

Cant say they didn't put in ANY work. That's unfair. How long have people (not myself) been asking for trade winds of some sort. The new ship system is being introduced, finally We have all wanted a better ship system that includes better performance.

The tames? Who the fuck knows...  It is the one thig we all want less of, and aren't asking for any of that trash and yet it appears in every single update.

1 hour ago, Moxie man said:

You can expect an average of about 2 wipes a year. You wont know when they are coming.

If, and a big IF, it ever releases, there could be servers with no wipes.

More players need more real estate.  Too many players in PVP in a small map isn't fun (for me) for this type of game.

29 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Source? 

I don't know the exact numbers. I will say, every season so far has been more engaging and well thought out than the previous ones. That being said, I am super suspect about this one. Those towers better have been nerfed. Ideally there are no claimable islands anymore. Or else what was the fucking point of towers?

What source? Steam charts? Yeah the info is all there. Numbers have been slowly but consistently lowering. Last wipe the initial was 2100 and only got up to 2900 so even if(which it won’t) just as many people came back it would be within the range I said. It’s a very well educated guess and anyone that disagrees is simply wrong unless they have more evidence that numbers would go above it.

people didn’t just leave because the wipe was coming. They were leaving for 3 months before hand.

I definitely disagree every season is more engaging, unless of course you mean more land based gameplay then sure.

these guys really haven’t been doing a good job at all. Hooray for ark imported platform saddles. That is going to make raiding a lot easier especially for the bigger groups. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, George of the jungle said:

What source? Steam charts? Yeah the info is all there. Numbers have been slowly but consistently lowering. Last wipe the initial was 2100 and only got up to 2900 so even if(which it won’t) just as many people came back it would be within the range I said. It’s a very well educated guess and anyone that disagrees is simply wrong unless they have more evidence that numbers would go above it.

people didn’t just leave because the wipe was coming. They were leaving for 3 months before hand.

I definitely disagree every season is more engaging, unless of course you mean more land based gameplay then sure.

these guys really haven’t been doing a good job at all. Hooray for ark imported platform saddles. That is going to make raiding a lot easier especially for the bigger groups. 

Just checking, I don't watch numbers for unreleased games personally. They don't count for much IMHO. I know many more people who wont fuck with EA games than like myself who enjoy seeing the process, or lack therefore of. The numbers of players now are not in any way reflective of what it would be with a full release. 

By more engaging I meant, there were some improvements that vastly improved the game for solos and small, even though they went properly balanced for the larger groups. I meant, that I found people to pvp with every day. The overall number of megas felt less, and the number of overall small groups felt more. The updates here on the forum were 2-4 a month for the most part. It was absolutely a better direction that the previous seasons every time. Not that there were no setbacks, yeah the gold for ships, the barrels, ect.

God damn them for more tame BS though seriously. WTF

23 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Just checking, I don't watch numbers for unreleased games personally. They don't count for much IMHO. I know many more people who wont fuck with EA games than like myself who enjoy seeing the process, or lack therefore of. The numbers of players now are not in any way reflective of what it would be with a full release. 

By more engaging I meant, there were some improvements that vastly improved the game for solos and small, even though they went properly balanced for the larger groups. I meant, that I found people to pvp with every day. The overall number of megas felt less, and the number of overall small groups felt more. The updates here on the forum were 2-4 a month for the most part. It was absolutely a better direction that the previous seasons every time. Not that there were no setbacks, yeah the gold for ships, the barrels, ect.

God damn them for more tame BS though seriously. WTF

I get you for the most part as far as EA goes but at the same time this company also made ark(let’s not bother arguing this because it isn’t the point). Ark is a perfect example of how EA numbers are a pretty good indicator of success. Through the it’s entirety you would see where decisions they made were bad and also good. One important thing is they were able to maintain a pretty normal playerbase the entire time regardless of highs and lows.

atlas has shown a pretty good indicator of bad decisions throughout. There has been a steady decrease over the past two years. I don’t call the initial influx after the wipe as an increase because shortly after they go back down and further down than before.

the part I agree on is that it is possible that if the game ever releases(not likely or at least not likely anytime soon) we have no clue if suddenly there is a huge amount of people that want to play it purely because it isn’t EA. However, using ark as an example again a lot of people thought numbers would sky rocket the minute release happened. I was there the exact day it did and there wasn’t an increase or decrease.

when there is a short EA period there is a good chance that player counts will increase because of hype generated, but once you get to the point of elongated EA it comes down to the “everyone knows about it and whoever was going to play it has played it” factor. Atlas is in the area in my opinion. 

as far as tames go I loved ark and I love the tames in atlas but that is neither here nor there.

Edited by George of the jungle
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

What? You realize after every wipe only a fraction of the people that left come back right? And besides that, the initial influx every wipe has gotten smaller and smaller. There is a definite east to see trend going on. Probably won’t get above 2500-3000 players after the wipe and it will go down to below 1k this time.

14 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

Source?

you guys do know that there are player or resource trackers for atlas?

a google search might help...

one example:

https://atlas-world.net/home

2 hours ago, Wichtelman said:

you guys do know that there are player or resource trackers for atlas?

a google search might help...

one example:

https://atlas-world.net/home

Wow that really shows how dead official severs are. So even with 1000 people that really only means about 400 is on official(including PTR) and the other 600 are on unofficial. 

and there are more players on pve than both pvp servers combined. 

thabks for the website. This will definitely help on showing where resources are exactly and not just total player counts

1 hour ago, George of the jungle said:

Wow that really shows how dead official severs are. So even with 1000 people that really only means about 400 is on official(including PTR) and the other 600 are on unofficial. 

and there are more players on pve than both pvp servers combined. 

thabks for the website. This will definitely help on showing where resources are exactly and not just total player counts

Join us on unofficial then. You might actually like it mate.

1 hour ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

Join us on unofficial then. You might actually like it mate.

Hell since there are way more people on Unofficials I might actually do that. Player counts on official servers are pathetic.

Imagine;

(And this was my first 24 hours on the server I play right now)

-You spawn on a freeport, with 10x harvest

-1 Hour later you allready got some decent levels. With the perks (starterskit for instance) you set sail

-Without lagging you cross the border and find some flotsams, you're like; "Hm, some legendary bps, 400 gold. Hell I even picked up some mythos"

-You find yourself an island, take the gold and claim it. No more restrictions...

-Then you see the mods and start exploring the game

-You build a brig, no not with gold but also slightly modded, and do some flotsams again. Even go out and attack some SOTD

-Then you like: " WUUUUUUTTT?!? I got myself a premade large yard with 316%"

-You tell in globalchat what you found when all of a sudden someone says:" You tried the kit you get with 10K of all mats allready?"

-You rush back to your island, time for some real fun

2 Days later, you can only think of 1 thing.

Why did I kept playing on officials?

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

Imagine;

(And this was my first 24 hours on the server I play right now)

-You spawn on a freeport, with 10x harvest

-1 Hour later you allready got some decent levels. With the perks (starterskit for instance) you set sail

-Without lagging you cross the border and find some flotsams, you're like; "Hm, some legendary bps, 400 gold. Hell I even picked up some mythos"

-You find yourself an island, take the gold and claim it. No more restrictions...

-Then you see the mods and start exploring the game

-You build a brig, no not with gold but also slightly modded, and do some flotsams again. Even go out and attack some SOTD

-Then you like: " WUUUUUUTTT?!? I got myself a premade large yard with 316%"

-You tell in globalchat what you found when all of a sudden someone says:" You tried the kit you get with 10K of all mats allready?"

-You rush back to your island, time for some real fun

2 Days later, you can only think of 1 thing.

Why did I kept playing on officials?

I wouldn’t bother with it without offline raid protection though. I like player vs play not player vs base. That alone is enough reason this game is 71 on the bottom 100 list of steam charts.

no game is worth playing when you can lose everything when you aren’t even playing.

all the other stuff sounds good though.

3 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

rust is top ten on steam and you can lose everything while not playing, you may need to rethink that comment.

Rust is also a game where you lose everything every month anyway. Completely different game. Atlas is a failure and almost considered the worst game in all of steam. 

funny how both games you can lose everything offline yet one is on of the top games and one is one of the worst games. Hmmmm

Yeh I always think if rust didn't exist, there would be a lot more spiders with no legs. And tbh Atlas is gonna end up some weird ark/rust mash up soon anyway. And any game like that the griefing is gonna be crazy. Some people like games like that and some don't. But I personally don't wanna feature on some adolescents youtube channel as a griefing victim cos  they cant control their tantrums. But lets be honest, even if game companies won't admit it, they know they are eventually trying to sell their stuff to kids, no matter what the age limit on the game is.

i think there is just one good reason to play official pvp = you like combat at all times (+2k h exp)

solo player was super boring for me but pve was somewhat ok if you found a decent spot to build...