Sign in to follow this  
ATLAS

Trade Winds Update Instructions for Private Servers

Ahoy Pathfinders!

With the release of the Trade Winds update right around the corner, we have prepared some instructions for those on Private Servers to make sure they are ready to set sail when the patch drops.
For the most part, existing private servers should still work "as-is" once the update occurs. However, existing map images/assets need to be changed from jpg to PNG, either manually or by re-exporting from the SGE.

If you need further assistance, we will be providing detailed screenshots and step-by-step instructions a little later. Thank you for your patience and we can wait to sail the Trade Winds with you soon!

:wheel:

Happy Sailing,

- ATLAS Crew

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitterhttps://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
d with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

2 hours ago, PHaRTnONu said:

Im not sure ..... but you seem to have forgotten to include claimable land....

Only lawless claiming[...] that would be a realy big change to the game and 24/7 possibility to everyone loosing everything while offline. Well i guess this gets a thumbs up from Chukiki.

But if this gets true i guess a lot of large tribes will quit the game without having Peacetime anymore.

3 hours ago, Nacona said:

Only lawless claiming[...] that would be a realy big change to the game and 24/7 possibility to everyone loosing everything while offline. Well i guess this gets a thumbs up from Chukiki.

But if this gets true i guess a lot of large tribes will quit the game without having Peacetime anymore.

yea so you can see who is hiding behind the system now.

without claimable islands there will be more action, i am rly excited to see how it turns out if they remove claimable islands

if you can destroy it quick you can build it quick right

so i hope they will remove the gold cost for the normal building system, only that way it makes more sense to not having claimable islands, more action faster gameprogress at the beginning and so on...

and to the solos:

online games rarely are solo games.

you can not "win" such games alone, but you can have fun and this is it was made for. ❤️

Edited by photek

"Thank you for your patience and we can wait to sail the Trade Winds with you soon!"

How much longer and for what you guys wait?

• Haha 1

How do you convert the old json file over to the new grid editor every time I try and open it it keeps giving  me an error and all jpg file have been converted to png

Any one have a new 6x6 map willing to share, I need something to run on my rackserver 🙂

I have a braindamege after two brain surgery and bad memory so i can't do one my self 😞

/klerkan

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Charlie Manx said:

How do you convert the old json file over to the new grid editor every time I try and open it it keeps giving  me an error and all jpg file have been converted to png

i have the same problem

Well thank you again grapeshoot for not answering anyone's question about private servers just shows how much you really care about your game!

Edited by Charlie Manx

On 4/27/2021 at 6:44 AM, photek said:

yea so you can see who is hiding behind the system now.

without claimable islands there will be more action, i am rly excited to see how it turns out if they remove claimable islands

if you can destroy it quick you can build it quick right

so i hope they will remove the gold cost for the normal building system, only that way it makes more sense to not having claimable islands, more action faster gameprogress at the beginning and so on...

and to the solos:

online games rarely are solo games.

you can not "win" such games alone, but you can have fun and this is it was made for. ❤️

A friendly rebuttal.

Alot of people start games as solos

They become solo when friends switch games

Sometimes they're in a small guild but they may have an odd day off...

Theres 50 more reasons probably... They neglect solo play at their own peril. Gamers tend to lean towards introverted personality types. Even in a Mega its a SINGLE person connecting to game and interacting by default.

I've happily moved on to an mmo that caters to everyone. Also, left my character logged in for ~20 hours on accident and didn't get booted. Its frikken perfect. I can set my character up to cook 2000 meals, go to work, put them away and go pvp or pve. I've happily dropped 100bucks voluntarily also.. like tipping good for good service.

I didn't like Ark but I liked this game until the wipe that removed NA. I was excited at Atlas' potential. NOW though, reading this last update,...

Nopin the fuck out. Easy call to uninstall.

* sidenote I'll go bump my other thread so you can hear it from a game developer speaking at a conference