Sign in to follow this  
ATLAS

On the Horizon - Tradewinds Trailer - Update Coming 4/28

Ahoy Pathfinders!

Get ready to set sail and begin your adventure anew as big changes are hitting the shores of ATLAS! 

On April 28th 7:00 PM PT, we'll be wiping for an exciting fresh start with the new Tradewinds Update! 

Let's take a look at a few of the new features on the horizon:
- A whole new map to explore, featuring Tradewinds - special waterway canals to get you traveling around the world faster for some high speed action! 
- New Railing Modules - the first line of customizations for the Modular Ships system! 
- Platform Saddles - ride in style while laying waste to your enemies

Note: Private Server owners - we will have further information about configurations and recommendations so you can prepare for this update.

Stay tuned! We still have more updates underway sailing along the Tradewinds!

We'll also be extending our Spring Rate-Up event until then! Go wild and end things with a bang before beginning a new chapter in your journey!

nfAtTTlziKleZZs5R31u56kQ_aAd-I3q6ufyGX4e

Happy Sailing,

- ATLAS Crew

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas

Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas

Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas

Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

• Haha 1

4am on a thursday in EU is the wipe. When most of us come from work, all the islands are already claimed by Chinese or NA. This logic is so 🤦‍♂️ what about you do it on friday eve PST, so the rest of t he world can start on a saturday? 

Wow a Teaser based on ingame Footage. At Least that's something Grape Shot. This really looks like you have tested things before adding it into the live servers.

Information about the new map are very rare... hopefully you post more information here soon and not only on Discord. The new map is the big change for this patch and hopefully it has some reasons to join Atlas again. Hopefully you have also spent some time on bug fixing and improvment of added stuff like farms, warehouse, and market. Hopefully you will show us some improvments in the loot tables of SotD as well.

I am exited to see how new trade wind is working and if you do change the current wind system? Because by just increasing the slowest wind speed and not having it always in direction West to East or East to West would be a big game changer already. Also the wind should change not in a 24h cycle... because it's annoying when it blows every evening in the wrong direction and always with lowest speed when you start playing. I am looking for some reason to use the wind to get my ships out again. Will the trade wind channels move or change direction or are they at fix locations in the map... i guess second option. Maybe the balance of the sails will be addressed sometimes and medium sails will get some use or weight sails will have more impact. For example if you have a cargo attached that reduces speed by 20% a weight sail could reduce this 20% to 10%. Also opening and turning speed of Weight Sails should be buffed. Currently they are worse than all other sails and have no reason to be used besides totaly overloaded harbor run ships.

Ok the direction of the new ships system is to change ships to fight only broadside which is more realistic of course... but as long old ships exist they are always supperior due to custimization and rear facing cannons in an amount the Player decides himself. Leveling with fighting SotD is very important. Ships build gets changed after getting max level and only then the ship does not need rear facing cannons anymore. Hopefully the bugs i addressed about the Majestic Kraken(current pre build ships) in general discussion topic will be improved. While it is nice to get attachments for the ramming gally you don't expect somebody to use this ship for transports? But it's good to have this railings at least prepared for larger pre build ships in the future. Balistas with fire bolts with the fast speed buff of the ramming gally could actually be some improvement for a sail destroyer design on PvP. But it looks like the amount of cannons on the ramming gally will be reduced. To place only two balisatas or one large cannons or two small cannons on the broad side deck is the very high level of customization... but maybe you have 3 segments on each side with cannon collision to the sails...

Well the saddles look really funny and will be used on PvP a lot.*Irony off* Until they see the first time a horse with a cargo saddle and a swivel gun shooting fire amunition. A Crap will die in about 5 seconds... while it is encumbered and can't jump? But maybe it can jump with 5-6 cannons and amunition. At least crabs have ~1500 weight and can jump up to ~50% of weight reached. So yes this saddle will change PvP fights by 0%... because the horses are still to fast... and fire vs. tames like Elephant, Bear,... is insane strong(OP). On PVE everybody uses baers but on PvP it's all about horses. And from my expirience some good lvl 40-50 breaded horeses a pretty much unkillable if played correctly and not getting outnumbered by grapple hooks and naked black jack figthers. Well maybe that changed with the barrel changes and now the barrels are more used with catapult on horses.

What about the puckle placement and shooting bug on this plattform saddle... i guess placed on an elephant the puckles can kill flying birds in the sky... but common is they can't shot down more than about 5-10°. So shooting enemy next to the elephant should not be possible... the bullets get collision with the saddle. And you can't place the front foot of the puckly over the dege of the plattform by adding a celing and removing it after placing puckle.

An Elephant with placed large storage box that reduces weight by 66% like cargo saddle would be interesting for wood harvesting... but well you don't need this as you have farms.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

sooo...

- ships now get sunk by pop up cannon/torpedo crabs/Tortugas....
- tames can now use cannons while swimming / cannons touching water...
- NPCs can be used again for tame weapons...

tell us again, how this game is about sailing ships...?!?!

I get it,
you don't play this game yourselves, nor do you play ARK... nothing is working out for you and your concepts for Atlas sucks more and more...
and while working on the code you find the ARK assets for the platform saddle and "hey! I got an idea! How about we get more ARK players over here by making Atlas even more ARKy...?"

Or where you looking at the failed LastOasis and their tiny player base with there non-existing 'ship' combat and said "hold my beer..." and implemented walking Man-o-Wars / one man BattleMechs...?

• Thanks 1

Few thoughts of this video:

- I've been asking of alternatives to tames to deal with damned armies. Now we have... MORE TAMES STYLES to deal with it.

I've got it. You like all this ARK stuff, but... well you really should decide what are you doing and make a clear statement of it. Because right now if we scroll up, we'll see cap of the site with some sails ships and pirate/corsair style man and woman with pistol and knife. And yet you offer us to tame a dinosaur, put platform on it, put some cannons there, ride and shoot... (I mean we already have ARK you know?)

- Oh... and imagine, this elephant with platform on sloop, lol? 2 platform elephats battle sloop! How is that?

- New map... Ok, can we at least see a picture, before all begins? Because I SOOOOOOOO MUCH happy of my current spot, so I would love to settle there again. At least I hope some Western Tundra islands will be closer to central parts of map. I like renewed Eastern Tundra but my heart belonds to Western one witch right now is in the farthest and dusty corner of the map.

- Tradewinds are COOL! Finally! And hey... what the hell speed is there? Around 40??? : ))) I mean I really glad to see this one comming. 

- Some weapon attachments to new ships are cool, but... toons of questions here. Will they be as BPS with improvable damage and HP stats? Will we be able to lose them in battle? Did you make some new ships improvement related to maintenance em in battle, so we actually would buy new ship not just to test in once but to actually use it???

- A-a-a-a-and 7pm PT : )) It's gonna be April 29 5am in Moscow Russia : )) Jeez, we have "this rest only in our dreams" proverb in Russia. And we HAVE to log in there because of claiming issues.

Edited by George Catcher

Well boys, the game is dying, lets slap in some Ark Saddles, that will fix things.  What happened to taking the focus off using tames for pvp?

No one  is using the horrible modular ships, stop releasing more broken bits to a system nobody uses, Its just frustrating for the player base, like you have 2 completely different ship concepts implemented in the same game. And you're telling players you want to phase out the old working system, for the new clunky, slow, buggy, limited customization ship system.  How about finish more than 2 prebuilt ships, and finish the modular customization before muddying the waters.  I gets its alpha but jesus some of us actually want to play the game too, not just be test dummy's year after year as you throw everything but the kitchen sink at the wall to see what sticks.

Trade winds,  NICE> about time part of the original road map got implemented, that only took what? 2 years?

Edited by Keins Thallow
Clarity

10 hours ago, Seehundi said:

4am on a thursday in EU is the wipe. When most of us come from work, all the islands are already claimed by Chinese or NA. This logic is so 🤦‍♂️ what about you do it on friday eve PST, so the rest of t he world can start on a saturday? 

Because it will take all day Thursday and Friday to actually apply the update, wipe, and then fix the reliable network overflow issues likely to occur...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, McDangles said:

Because it will take all day Thursday and Friday to actually apply the update, wipe, and then fix the reliable network overflow issues likely to occur...

haha true 

Yeah, wipe at 7:00. Actually being able to get on and play, that time will be who knows when. So we'll all be twiddling our thumbs in intense anticipation for god knows how long. Grab a beer and get comfortable. 🍺 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, George Catcher said:

A-a-a-a-and 7pm PT : )) It's gonna be April 29 5am in Moscow Russia : )) Jeez, we have "this rest only in our dreams" proverb in Russia. And we HAVE to log in there because of claiming issues.

Just to make you aware, was talking to my Russian friend at work today, which frequently flies to Moscow, and it will be 1:00 am. I checked to make sure. Just an fyi.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, George Catcher said:

BTW what's with this BLUE explosion at 0:40?

Well this is an explosion of a torpedo in Atlas... so you are maybe able to place torpedo launcher on this plattform saddle... which is intended to use tortuga to swim into enemy harbor and use the torpedos to destroy anchored ships. Or maybe you can also attack buildings with torpedos that fly from the launcher 50-100 meters? LOL

As mentioned earlier it's a big question if crabs can jumb with cannons on their back. If you can place NPCs you should consider to skill them ozygen xD

Thx for all that mentioned the saddle is from Ark. I did not play that Dino steampunk game so i don't know what they can copy from there.

Does somebody know if tortugas have collision with wood or stone pillars? The submarine can drive threw which was a reason that most harbor defence cannons are easy to run out of amunition. Btw NPCs and cannons should have a setting to not attack submarines^^ Or submarines should not be in the list that fire enables to ships.

Edited by Nacona
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well Atlas started life as a breakaway dlc from Ark, but now it's becoming so much more. It's now a breakaway dlc from Ark, but ,with some ships.

On 4/23/2021 at 2:09 AM, Sheepshooter said:

sooo...

I get it,
you don't play this game yourselves, nor do you play ARK... nothing is working out for you and your concepts for Atlas sucks more and more...
and while working on the code you find the ARK assets for the platform saddle and "hey! I got an idea! How about we get more ARK players over here by making Atlas even more ARKy...?"

Or where you looking at the failed LastOasis and their tiny player base with there non-existing 'ship' combat and said "hold my beer..." and implemented walking Man-o-Wars / one man BattleMechs...?

No, importing platform saddles from Ark was a minimum effort move. It's a "look, we are doing something" without them really having to do something move.

On 4/22/2021 at 11:13 PM, Nacona said:

Wow a Teaser based on ingame Footage. At Least that's something Grape Shot. This really looks like you have tested things before adding it into the live servers.

Information about the new map are very rare... hopefully you post more information here soon and not only on Discord. The new map is the big change for this patch and hopefully it has some reasons to join Atlas again. Hopefully you have also spent some time on bug fixing and improvment of added stuff like farms, warehouse, and market. Hopefully you will show us some improvments in the loot tables of SotD as well.

I am exited to see how new trade wind is working and if you do change the current wind system? Because by just increasing the slowest wind speed and not having it always in direction West to East or East to West would be a big game changer already. Also the wind should change not in a 24h cycle... because it's annoying when it blows every evening in the wrong direction and always with lowest speed when you start playing. I am looking for some reason to use the wind to get my ships out again. Will the trade wind channels move or change direction or are they at fix locations in the map... i guess second option. Maybe the balance of the sails will be addressed sometimes and medium sails will get some use or weight sails will have more impact. For example if you have a cargo attached that reduces speed by 20% a weight sail could reduce this 20% to 10%. Also opening and turning speed of Weight Sails should be buffed. Currently they are worse than all other sails and have no reason to be used besides totaly overloaded harbor run ships.

Ok the direction of the new ships system is to change ships to fight only broadside which is more realistic of course... but as long old ships exist they are always supperior due to custimization and rear facing cannons in an amount the Player decides himself. Leveling with fighting SotD is very important. Ships build gets changed after getting max level and only then the ship does not need rear facing cannons anymore. Hopefully the bugs i addressed about the Majestic Kraken(current pre build ships) in general discussion topic will be improved. While it is nice to get attachments for the ramming gally you don't expect somebody to use this ship for transports? But it's good to have this railings at least prepared for larger pre build ships in the future. Balistas with fire bolts with the fast speed buff of the ramming gally could actually be some improvement for a sail destroyer design on PvP. But it looks like the amount of cannons on the ramming gally will be reduced. To place only two balisatas or one large cannons or two small cannons on the broad side deck is the very high level of customization... but maybe you have 3 segments on each side with cannon collision to the sails...

Well the saddles look really funny and will be used on PvP a lot.*Irony off* Until they see the first time a horse with a cargo saddle and a swivel gun shooting fire amunition. A Crap will die in about 5 seconds... while it is encumbered and can't jump? But maybe it can jump with 5-6 cannons and amunition. At least crabs have ~1500 weight and can jump up to ~50% of weight reached. So yes this saddle will change PvP fights by 0%... because the horses are still to fast... and fire vs. tames like Elephant, Bear,... is insane strong(OP). On PVE everybody uses baers but on PvP it's all about horses. And from my expirience some good lvl 40-50 breaded horeses a pretty much unkillable if played correctly and not getting outnumbered by grapple hooks and naked black jack figthers. Well maybe that changed with the barrel changes and now the barrels are more used with catapult on horses.

What about the puckle placement and shooting bug on this plattform saddle... i guess placed on an elephant the puckles can kill flying birds in the sky... but common is they can't shot down more than about 5-10°. So shooting enemy next to the elephant should not be possible... the bullets get collision with the saddle. And you can't place the front foot of the puckly over the dege of the plattform by adding a celing and removing it after placing puckle.

An Elephant with placed large storage box that reduces weight by 66% like cargo saddle would be interesting for wood harvesting... but well you don't need this as you have farms.

Yeah still no info yet which is pretty typical of grapeshot and pathetic. The start time will make it to where the Chinese have a definite advantage in pvp. I see all time low numbers coming with this update. I mean 1000 is already horrible but it will get worse after the initial increase 

On 4/24/2021 at 12:22 PM, Slash78 said:

No, importing platform saddles from Ark was a minimum effort move. It's a "look, we are doing something" without them really having to do something move.

Yeah they really didn’t do anything. And you know the “new map” will just be more rotated islands right? Lol

On 4/23/2021 at 2:09 AM, Sheepshooter said:

sooo...

I get it,

Yeah like I was saying before. I don’t think the low player count was just because of the wipe. I imagine this season bringing in even more all time lows. And for you pvp people, man Chinese are going to have a big head start.

On 4/23/2021 at 7:13 AM, Keins Thallow said:

Well boys, the game is dying, lets slap in some Ark Saddles, that will fix things.  What happened to taking the focus off using tames for pvp?

No one  is using the horrible modular ships, stop releasing more broken bits to a system nobody uses, Its just frustrating for the player base, like you have 2 completely different ship concepts implemented in the same game. And you're telling players you want to phase out the old working system, for the new clunky, slow, buggy, limited customization ship system.  How about finish more than 2 prebuilt ships, and finish the modular customization before muddying the waters.  I gets its alpha but jesus some of us actually want to play the game too, not just be test dummy's year after year as you throw everything but the kitchen sink at the wall to see what sticks.

Trade winds,  NICE> about time part of the original road map got implemented, that only took what? 2 years?

Tames will always be the biggest thing about atlas. I am surprised people fell for that. Everyone should have seen right through that. You thought ships were important? Nope. Only tames.

How about those updates concerning private servers Grapeshot? Or anymore info, it's getting boring all these dead promisses.

Devs: We'd really like to focus on ship-to-ship combat and sailing while getting away from tames.

Also Devs: All ships cost 20k gold so you are too afraid to go sailing and also here's some more tames and platform saddles. Enjoy.

• Haha 1

The low player base is because it makes no sense to play Atlas after the wipe. Everything you build, ships, bases, installations will be auti-lost to naked noobs with a claim tower coming in the night to offline-raid you.

Ahh thats not true, „offline steal everything“ it means. As alternative they can send a Muhahaha LOLstomping cannon crab. But for fully professional death squad trolls below age of 14 i would recommend the claim tower.

Instant death to solos/small groups.

Last Oasis was mentioned as example. They introduced solo servers and super strong base walkers, super difficult to raid. Servers are very crowded, the PVP is fair and funny, as you risk some stuff and „ships“ but never everything like in Atlas now.

Find the failure Grapeshot !😡

• Thanks 1