Sign in to follow this  
George of the jungle

Factions or pve/pvp together

18 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

Come on man, pvp is empty as well. Pve people left because they got rid of the frost pve cluster to begin with. Pvp servers are just as dead. And nah, I have seen plenty of pvp people complaining. Deny it all you want but I have seen plenty of it.

LOL...
PVE was always dead, the moment you have done all the PVE content over and over again... when your game ends PVP begins...
PVP is dead because they changed significant PVP rules AND because we are waiting for the wipe...
You see PVE players don't like wipes, because all their beauty will get wiped and they have to do it all over again - which just proofs that PVE has so limited content that you guys do not want to do it all over again... hence the "tames don't want a wipe" meme going on right now...
PVPers get wiped all the time on a personal level, rebuilding is part of the game... a general wipe gives us the option to do it better next time... you know 'competition', not just playing with yourself with spectators...

and again, you are here talking about giving PVE more content, because you want more to do without playing the full game... why are you complaining when you say that it is PVP that is dead...?!?!

I used to think that it was mainly reasonable adults posting on this forum, I'm beginning to think I was wrong. There is no pve vs pvp conflict, as both play styles atm are played on completely different servers. There is also a single player mode which is pve too. They are just the different play styles that we all bought Atlas for. Both pve and pvp have a right to complain about the current state of the game imo, early access or not.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

LOL...
PVE was always dead, the moment you have done all the PVE content over and over again... when your game ends PVP begins...
PVP is dead because they changed significant PVP rules AND because we are waiting for the wipe...
You see PVE players don't like wipes, because all their beauty will get wiped and they have to do it all over again - which just proofs that PVE has so limited content that you guys do not want to do it all over again... hence the "tames don't want a wipe" meme going on right now...
PVPers get wiped all the time on a personal level, rebuilding is part of the game... a general wipe gives us the option to do it better next time... you know 'competition', not just playing with yourself with spectators...

and again, you are here talking about giving PVE more content, because you want more to do without playing the full game... why are you complaining when you say that it is PVP that is dead...?!?!

Well my point is the game is dead and it is a failure which all of that is true.

I didn’t say I want pvp and pve to merge. What I said is that if it does then those are the only two ways to do it. I see pvp as boring as well. Waiting till someone is offline just really makes it no fun and also boring. Either way the game failed on many levels.

I never understand offline raiding either. Would those people cheat at solitaire? I know in eso pvp you can't lose any possessions, but there is nothing better than having an out an out mass melee battle. Win or lose.And all the xp is nice too.

On 4/17/2021 at 2:10 PM, George of the jungle said:

Well my point is the game is dead and it is a failure which all of that is true.

I didn’t say I want pvp and pve to merge. What I said is that if it does then those are the only two ways to do it. I see pvp as boring as well. Waiting till someone is offline just really makes it no fun and also boring. Either way the game failed on many levels.

well the offline raiding thing is a problem...
- on the one hand if it is allowed (with current defense items i.e. Puckles, etc.) it is the way to go, because why would you risk more resources and defeat against an online defender...?
- on the other hand if you have "full" offline-protection it would go against the "full PVP" and some other problems (spam, no longer playing - all the PVE griefing)

so the idea of conditional protection/offline protection is the way to go...
If the defender does specific things he get specific grades of protection.

Claiming an island to get a peace timer is one option.

Having very hard to kill structure (armored docks) is another.

Many moons ago I proposed a Fort like structure with high HP and working defense that could be operated by allies. It would protect the island 24/7, until it gets destroyed.
So in order to take the island attacker has to destroy it, which depending on the level of the structure takes more resources (more than just a cannon bear and some balls)...
But that was when the whole settler thing was promoted by the devs... More settlers = more people online defending the island...
In that case it would also become political. If the attacker takes the island, would it be better to not wipe the settler and keep them for his own defense...?

The docks kinda did the same thing as this Fort structure... place docks near flag, put ship with NPCs in docks to contest the flag... attacker needs to bring enough stuff to kill all the docks... lots of HP to kill...

But then again... why not have working NPC defenses... a puckle is a small cannon (AOE) and a defensive cannon can be bigger/longer range thatn anything ship mounted or on a cart... and by the way a cannon behind a horse is not shoot and scoot... such thing needs setup, before and after firing = enough time for even a current NPC cannon to land a hit...
But than again, a real horse is usually dead when hit buy a cannonball... and so is a "player"...