Sign in to follow this  
George of the jungle

Factions or pve/pvp together

This topic has been widely discussed with a variety of different ideas/opinions. Most of them I never agreed with because people would try to get excited about it or hype it up as being “wonderful” or some other ridiculous word. Either way the game is failing and has been.

merging pve and pvp together could be good for the simple fact that gold could be worth something. Even mega companies has to waste personnel to grind out materials. Why not have the grinders(pve) players do that in the safety of their pve servers so that all pvp players can focus on pvp? Wow, what a concept. Pvp players can raid other pvp players to get “gold” so they can buy the good materials that the grinders(pve) make. Manufacturers(pve) and consumers(pvp). I know a lot of cry baby pvp people will whine and say they want to attack the pve people but suck it up, you don’t get to now and you won’t get to later lol.

with this pve players wouldn’t have to worry about farming gold and pvp people wouldn’t have to waste time farming resources. They could just come up and with “gold” buy the 200% gally. You lose a ship in war? Go buy another one from the pve people. Pvp people don’t want to waste time taming or breeding? Also no problem, the pve people already did that and are willing to sell them. It’s beyond me how pvp people can be so arrogant lol.

FACTIONS:

this will definitely not solve the gold problem but will make for better pvp(sorry solo players) because it will eliminate the mega and solo players. You log in and make a character? You pick a faction regardless(doesn’t matter how many factions and that is not this discussion). You will pick a faction and that will always be your faction. The pvp battles would become very large scale and be a lot more entertaining than a fleet of gallys coming for a stone hut. Whatever faction comes out on top is the winner.

I would apologize for being blunt but I am not sorry in any way, shape, of form. I have seen so many terrible ideas on this forum because people are trying to be “creative” or “fantasize”. This is the real world and we live in it. There is no creativity in this game. It’s a matter of players and success. Without either of these two this game will just stay a steaming pile and will continue to bleed players. That’s all there is to it. Try not to be creative in replies with creative ideas. Definitely not welcome. Rational replies with common sense would be helpful, because remember, pve people don’t want to play with pvp people so they will either leave or you give them incentive to do so.

You know, there were a lot of gr8 sailing games. For example in Russia long ago we had this cool single player Corsairs game, and I remember all good from this one. Fractions was one of this good thing (there were Britain, France, Holland, Spain and of course PIRATES!!!) So good Sailing MMO could use that. I remember what you said about goldens with pirates, and local quests. 

To be honest if I would do the game, I would make a single freeport island each grid, where a lot of NPCs, quest givers, banks, etc, and within all other island I would allow players to capture just a shoreline. And all middle depths parts of each island would make dangerous place! With aggressive wild animals and ancient forces guarding some ruins etc. And made all quests leads there.

Unfortunately we WONT get THE GAME. I dream about sailing age romance, adventures, Pirates of Caribbean, sailing fleets facing eachother, etc. I dream about sailing age MMO. But... well. As devs said - Atlas is NOT MMORPG. It's Sandbox game : (

Will there be factions or AI? It would make PVE more interesting. What do you think of having PVP only at sea while land is PVE?
Our direction for Atlas is to make rich player interactions, whether that is through conflict or cooperation, and that is where we will spend most of our development effort. We have talked about factions and think those fit better with an MMORPG style game rather than a massively multiplayer sandbox game focused on PVP.

And what would the PVPer give the PVEer for the resources/services rendered?
Like will the PVPer pay in resources - thereby showing that he does not need any resources from the PVEer, because he already got them...?

Who needs those farming PVEer anyway anymore...? It is not like the is a problem getting "unlimited" resources already and with farms by basically doing nothing...

Even if that concept with resource exchange with PVEer would be a goal to achieve, you first have to figure out what the PVPer gives the PVEer in exchange that the PVEer needs...

And guess what, the only thing a PVPer can give to a PVEer is PVP-related services i.e. protection... but oh no, you want the PVEer protected by default... so no need for the PVEer to buy protection with his resources...

so... yeah... PVPer don't need PVEer anyway for anything... because the PVPer has to play the same PVE game anyway...

your problem is, that you exhausted the PVE content of a game that was never by a PVE game... and now you are looking for more content and ask for PVP-adjacent content... getting in the PVP action without the PVP risks...

you need that PVP resources sink that PVE does not have, and how much more resources can you farm when you already have too much and cannot lose it in order to need more...?!?!

PVE is dying because there is nothing more for you to do...

and by the way, stealing anything in PVP with active player defense is not happening (see "Popcorning")... no one is stealing anything... it is all about having something to do after PVE and not getting richer, but the other guy getting poorer...

I don't get all the hate on this forum from the (elite) pvp'ers against the pve players. For one, Atlas made over half of it's money from the pve players, who I might add stayed around while the early pvp players quit in droves. Also pve is just a different playstyle ,in the same  way as people, we have different personalities. And as for telling pve players to quit all the time, I think pvp players forget that they are not the only ones who paid for Atlas and was given the impression that it would be a better game than it actually is. I pvp in most of my games, and I enjoy it cos i'm good at it. But I accept that pvp is not enjoyable for everyone. Especially if your playing as a family, cos pvp players can get really abusive when they lose eh! If they merge pvp and pve together you will lose a lot of previously loyal players , and the one thing Atlas wanted to be was an mmo, which it won't be if it loses a massive portion of the player base. The most successful online games similar to Atlas are pve with pvp zones, not the other way round. Or games with separate pvp/pve servers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George Catcher said:

You know, there were a lot of gr8 sailing games. For example in Russia long ago we had this cool single player Corsairs game, and I remember all good from this one. Fractions was one of this good thing (there were Britain, France, Holland, Spain and of course PIRATES!!!) So good Sailing MMO could use that. I remember what you said about goldens with pirates, and local quests. 

To be honest if I would do the game, I would make a single freeport island each grid, where a lot of NPCs, quest givers, banks, etc, and within all other island I would allow players to capture just a shoreline. And all middle depths parts of each island would make dangerous place! With aggressive wild animals and ancient forces guarding some ruins etc. And made all quests leads there.

Unfortunately we WONT get THE GAME. I dream about sailing age romance, adventures, Pirates of Caribbean, sailing fleets facing eachother, etc. I dream about sailing age MMO. But... well. As devs said - Atlas is NOT MMORPG. It's Sandbox game : (

Yeah I guess they are too dense to realize that simply adding factions would still be a sandbox. I think it comes down to them lacking the skill to pull it off rather then them not wanting to go in that direction. I truly believe lack of skill is the driving force in their decision making and it really shows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

And what would the PVPer give the PVEer for the resources/services rendered?
Like will the PVPer pay in resources - thereby showing that he does not need any resources from the PVEer, because he already got them...?

Who needs those farming PVEer anyway anymore...? It is not like the is a problem getting "unlimited" resources already and with farms by basically doing nothing...

Even if that concept with resource exchange with PVEer would be a goal to achieve, you first have to figure out what the PVPer gives the PVEer in exchange that the PVEer needs...

And guess what, the only thing a PVPer can give to a PVEer is PVP-related services i.e. protection... but oh no, you want the PVEer protected by default... so no need for the PVEer to buy protection with his resources...

so... yeah... PVPer don't need PVEer anyway for anything... because the PVPer has to play the same PVE game anyway...

your problem is, that you exhausted the PVE content of a game that was never by a PVE game... and now you are looking for more content and ask for PVP-adjacent content... getting in the PVP action without the PVP risks...

you need that PVP resources sink that PVE does not have, and how much more resources can you farm when you already have too much and cannot lose it in order to need more...?!?!

PVE is dying because there is nothing more for you to do...

and by the way, stealing anything in PVP with active player defense is not happening (see "Popcorning")... no one is stealing anything... it is all about having something to do after PVE and not getting richer, but the other guy getting poorer...

Lol that isn’t the case at all. Pve people definitely do not want to be on pvp and definitely would not go over there without these changes being made. Don’t worry man, I would never go over there if it was up to me, but I just hear a lot of whining on the pvp side that they want us forced to go over there. You know the real cry babies.

guess you didn’t understand the part about making gold important and worth something? No pvp people wouldn’t be paying for resources with resources..... that would be trading. If you think gold is a resource that is on you because gold is a currency meant to buy resources. Unfortunately the devs have made it to where it is just a bunch of golden rocks weighing down a ship.

hey I am fine with letting pvp servers be empty man. I have no problem with that at all. Count is already at 1100  and even with the minuscule increase after the wipe numbers will go down to below 1000 very fast. Pve people really don’t get bored, but if you are on the pvp side and can’t find people you will get bored really quick, because let’s be honest if you are just building a base and there is nobody to attack it you are really just playing pve yourself lmao.

44 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

I don't get all the hate on this forum from the (elite) pvp'ers against the pve players. For one, Atlas made over half of it's money from the pve players, who I might add stayed around while the early pvp players quit in droves. Also pve is just a different playstyle ,in the same  way as people, we have different personalities. And as for telling pve players to quit all the time, I think pvp players forget that they are not the only ones who paid for Atlas and was given the impression that it would be a better game than it actually is. I pvp in most of my games, and I enjoy it cos i'm good at it. But I accept that pvp is not enjoyable for everyone. Especially if your playing as a family, cos pvp players can get really abusive when they lose eh! If they merge pvp and pve together you will lose a lot of previously loyal players , and the one thing Atlas wanted to be was an mmo, which it won't be if it loses a massive portion of the player base. The most successful online games similar to Atlas are pve with pvp zones, not the other way round. Or games with separate pvp/pve servers.

Well just a quick note. With only 1100 players spread throughout multiple clusters and private servers this definitely cannot be considered and mmo because it is missing the first M. Wasn’t arguing, just wanted to point that out.

but yeah I completely get what you are saying. Pvp players are very entitled. They think they should get what they want when they want it. The instant gratification group so to speak. Why work for it when you can steal it. There are some pretty similar real world implications to that.

all I have to say is we did it there way and now we are at 1100 people and numbers will still definitely go down, so maybe it’s time to not listen to them and go in a different direction. Seems pretty logical to me. Who knows maybe logic goes over their and the devs heads. Really don’t know.

1 hour ago, Whitehawk said:

I don't get all the hate on this forum from the (elite) pvp'ers against the pve players. For one, Atlas made over half of it's money from the pve players, who I might add stayed around while the early pvp players quit in droves. 

How have they made over half their money from the PvE players, when the pvp players have quit in droves and still have twice the population? Does the game cost more if you are a pve player? How do you know who stayed around and who didnt? 

1 hour ago, George of the jungle said:

all I have to say is we did it there way and now we are at 1100 people and numbers will still definitely go down, so maybe it’s time to not listen to them and go in a different direction. Seems pretty logical to me. Who knows maybe logic goes over their and the devs heads. Really don’t know.

The fuck are you talking about? What exactly have been done our way?

1 hour ago, Pant said:

The fuck are you talking about? What exactly have been done our way?

Pretty much everything. Pve players haven’t asked for anything they have given us. Don’t even try to act like they cater to pve players lmao. Every change or content that has been added has been for pvp people. 

just because they are really bad at their job and suck at creating content doesn’t mean it wasn’t pvp focused lol

I love PVP in some game! I have arena titles in wow. I play more Warships than Atlas. I have spent some time on an Atlas pvp server. I have 100% of ZERO interest in Atlas pvp.  I will not be going to a pvp server. If Atlas no longer has a pure pve option, so be it, I won't be on Atlas. I like a lot about Atlas but I will live without it.

So if all these grids are on their own server (I don't know if this is the case) why not just have a portal between the two grid clusters. People could sail between the rule sets at will.

Or, if you like factions, ok, two factions, 100 pve servers on each side with 100 pvp servers in the middle. Each faction has 100 pve grids and as many pvp grids in the middle as they can take and hold. PVEers can do their own thing and support the war effort without all the BS. PVPers can go in and conduct war in the middle war zone grids. So you have 3 grid clusters with one portal between each faction's pve zones and the war zone grid clusters. Player could live in their factions PVE grid cluster or held PVP grids. Everyone can have just what they want. Each factions portal could be guarded but super npc cannons. Once you make it to and through you are safe. Once to go out and through you are under pvp server rules.

And we could all enjoy the kiddles sailing to the pve grids clusters screaming foul comments about the rest of us getting on our boats and sailing to the pvp grids.

Maybe once in a while we might.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

Pretty much everything. Pve players haven’t asked for anything they have given us. Don’t even try to act like they cater to pve players lmao. Every change or content that has been added has been for pvp people. 

Everything is PvP focused? Really? You are saying the pvp players asked for a fucking Sea Horse or The squirt camel? Grand Tortugar? Dolpin? The eastern Biome? Xbox port? Yeti cave? Eastern Tundra Biome? cow saddle? Blackwood? Pirates NPC on single player? The cosmetics and all other shit i can't think of on the top of my head?

Me saying they are not catering to PvP does not mean they are therefor catering to PvE. I have no reason to blame a group of players on the server for what the devs are doing and if thats your stance you are a clearly a sociopath.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gemini Five said:

So if all these grids are on their own server (I don't know if this is the case) why not just have a portal between the two grid clusters. People could sail between the rule sets at will.

Because it will be abused into oblivion. 

24 minutes ago, Gemini Five said:

Or, if you like factions, ok, two factions, 100 pve servers on each side with 100 pvp servers in the middle. Each faction has 100 pve grids and as many pvp grids in the middle as they can take and hold. PVEers can do their own thing and support the war effort without all the BS. PVPers can go in and conduct war in the middle war zone grids. So you have 3 grid clusters with one portal between each faction's pve zones and the war zone grid clusters. Player could live in their factions PVE grid cluster or held PVP grids. Everyone can have just what they want. Each factions portal could be guarded but super npc cannons. Once you make it to and through you are safe. Once to go out and through you are under pvp server rules.

Theres no way you can implement factions without turning Atlas into an arena game. For an Arena game to be good you need to have solid game mechanics and depth. Arena games like Overwatch or CS:Go you can spend 1000s of hours theory crafting, practicing mechanical skills, learning strategies and tactics.

Atlas land pvp have one viable melee weapon, one viable loadout, one viable attribute setup, one viable skill setup (all the skills)... Theres no theory crafting, and with the current state of firearms a competent player can reach the skill ceiling in 10 minutes. So basically 10 minutes into playing an arena version of Atlas, you would have exhausted all the content it has to offer.

The only thing that makes Atlas pvp fun is the sandbox experience. If there wasn't an external threat I would not see any point what so ever in farming materials, building defences, breeding pvp tames or stocking up on food and equipment. Theory crafting defensive structures and how to overcome them is actually one of the few things that have some depth in this game. Atlas without a sandbox is basically a CS:GO Kniferound hosted by the Mars Curiosity Rover. 

The fact remains that the devs think they are giving the pvp community what it wants. And the pvp community have definitely been the biggest complainers. Though I will admit a lot of the time for good reason, as in pvp you have a lot to lose (or gain) whereas in pve you don't. But really both communities are being royally shafted here, as neither party seems to be ending up with a game they actually want anymore.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gemini Five said:

I love PVP in some game! I have arena titles in wow. I play more Warships than Atlas. I have spent some time on an Atlas pvp server. I have 100% of ZERO interest in Atlas pvp.  I will not be going to a pvp server. If Atlas no longer has a pure pve option, so be it, I won't be on Atlas. I like a lot about Atlas but I will live without it.

And we could all enjoy the kiddles sailing to the pve grids clusters screaming foul comments about the rest of us getting on our boats and sailing to the pvp grids.

Maybe once in a while we might.

Wow man, you gave me a direct and logical idea. Damn. I am not being sarcastic. Thank you for this.

this not only makes sense but I would easily get on board with this. And yeah man, I have played plenty of COD, fortnite(don’t tell anyone), wow, and counter strike. I love pvp as well but there are some losers out there that love the fact they can raid you with you being offline. That never has been and never will be pvp and only makes you a coward to say the very least.

thank you for your input. I would love the devs to see your idea but they not only stay away from the forums but they have some jaded delusion that they have the good ideas even though they only have 1100 people playing the game lol. Either way, good idea man. Thumbs up and salute to you.

4 hours ago, Pant said:

Everything is PvP focused? Really? You are saying the pvp players asked for a fucking Sea Horse or The squirt camel? Grand Tortugar? Dolpin? The eastern Biome? Xbox port? Yeti cave? Eastern Tundra Biome? cow saddle? Blackwood? Pirates NPC on single player? The cosmetics and all other shit i can't think of on the top of my head?

Me saying they are not catering to PvP does not mean they are therefor catering to PvE. I have no reason to blame a group of players on the server for what the devs are doing and if thats your stance you are a clearly a sociopath.

Sociopath? Really man? Smh

yeah nobody wanted most of that stuff but as far as Xbox port? Yes pvp definitely wanted that. Numbers were already low and they most definitely wanted it. I remember Xbox players complaining it being crossplay and the pc players saying to deal with it and being excited about it, so bother bother with your BS on that one lol.

just goes further with our first disagreement on how much of a failure this game is. They added tons of stuff nobody wanted, never communicated in any kind of professional manner. Kept wiping the game even when it wasn’t actually needed. Basically lied from the beginning, and broke something every single update they have ever made. Let alone missing update marks(don’t bother say other companies do too lmao). This game doesn’t even deserve the 314 spot you talked about 😂

you literally just gave multiple reason why. I am glad we agree on the dumpster fire at least. 👍

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pant said:

Because it will be abused into oblivion. 

Theres no way you can implement factions without turning Atlas into an arena game. For an Arena game to be good you need to have solid game mechanics and depth. Arena games like Overwatch or CS:Go you can spend 1000s of hours theory crafting, practicing mechanical skills, learning strategies and tactics.

Atlas land pvp have one viable melee weapon, one viable loadout, one viable attribute setup, one viable skill setup (all the skills)... Theres no theory crafting, and with the current state of firearms a competent player can reach the skill ceiling in 10 minutes. So basically 10 minutes into playing an arena version of Atlas, you would have exhausted all the content it has to offer.

The only thing that makes Atlas pvp fun is the sandbox experience. If there wasn't an external threat I would not see any point what so ever in farming materials, building defences, breeding pvp tames or stocking up on food and equipment. Theory crafting defensive structures and how to overcome them is actually one of the few things that have some depth in this game. Atlas without a sandbox is basically a CS:GO Kniferound hosted by the Mars Curiosity Rover. 

Yeah because they shit the bed from the beginning. It is very easy to make it to where factions have safe and no safe zones but still allow for pvp. One east fix is flagging for pvp does not allow you to go into pve zones for a certain amount of time. 

keep coming up with why it wouldn’t work and I’ll not only let you know why it would work but I’ll also keep pointing out the 1100 people that play it. Actually since you said pve is dead let’s just start calling it 700? Is that a fair estimate? If not let me know and I’ll start using the number you throw out to me. Deal?

3 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

The fact remains that the devs think they are giving the pvp community what it wants. And the pvp community have definitely been the biggest complainers. Though I will admit a lot of the time for good reason, as in pvp you have a lot to lose (or gain) whereas in pve you don't. But really both communities are being royally shafted here, as neither party seems to be ending up with a game they actually want anymore.

Totally agree, even the @Pant guy brought up a lot of stuff(thanks for that) that neither pvp nor pve wanted. Pvp and pve people spend so much time arguing with each other that we really forget who the real enemy is.... the devs.

I mean they have shown a complete  disregard for all of us that it isn’t funny, it really isn’t. This game will not go anywhere and it is unfortunate, but at some point another company will make an awesome game like this. This wasn’t the first pirate game and it sure won’t be the last lol. Let’s just let these guys fade away into the sunset and be patient for the next game.

5 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

Yeah because they shit the bed from the beginning. It is very easy to make it to where factions have safe and no safe zones but still allow for pvp. One east fix is flagging for pvp does not allow you to go into pve zones for a certain amount of time. 

I said what is being suggested is turning the game into an arena game and Atlas is not going to work as an arena game for the reasons i outlined. Then you reply but this is how you turn the game into an arena game.

If i say: "I don't like cookies" and you reply: "This is how we make cookies?" Do you think you have understood what i just said?

6 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

keep coming up with why it wouldn’t work and I’ll not only let you know why it would work.

Please let me know, because what you just wrote had nothing to do with my post...

6 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

I’ll also keep pointing out the 1100 people that play it. Actually since you said pve is dead let’s just start calling it 700? Is that a fair estimate? If not let me know and I’ll start using the number you throw out to me. Deal?

1100 people? 700? I have said Pve is dead? What are you talking about?

When have i said PvE is dead? This is a narrative you made up right now and the Random numbers with zero context.

Posts like this leave me with a ton of questions. Did you actually read my post? Did you read it but not understand it? Are you just trolling? Is it all of the above? Should i just lump you in with chukkiki and not take your posts seriously? 

Well factions will be a big test comming soon... but not in Atlas... the game is called Amazones New World and it will attract very much of the Atlas Players and fans of MMOs and MMORPGs. Unfortunately that game is some different style game because it's simply an RPG - PVE game with PvP options. Devs stated that Atlas shall be an open sandbox survival game with even less RPG in the future... but the future will show if the Players will stay after New World launch. I guess New World's launch will be different to Last Oasis that could not get most of the Atlas Players for more than 1-2 weeks. I did not try LO myself because wood bases/walkers in the desert... it's attracting me like Dinos in Ark = totally not. But in New World players will lose their ability to build their base, harbor and ships in a open sandbox.

19 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

...but I just hear a lot of whining on the pvp side that they want us forced to go over there. ...

... Unfortunately the devs have made it to where it is just a bunch of golden rocks weighing down a ship.

hey I am fine with letting pvp servers be empty man. ... Pve people really don’t get bored, but if you are on the pvp side and can’t find people you will get bored really quick, because let’s be honest if you are just building a base and there is nobody to attack it you are really just playing pve yourself lmao.

- whining in this forum is under the /pve/... PVPer take the game as is or quit, but as you say PVEer are too invested in it (and got lots of empty time thinking about what would make their empty time more empty)...
PVEer play the PVE and complain that there is not much to do... PVPer play the PVE as a means to an end called PVP... all you do in PVE server is there to be used for PVP...
which you not have = no purpose... therefore PVE complains...
hell it is always so funny when you guys come complain "wahahaha, some baddy spammed my base !"... well there is a in-game solution for that since release... but you switch PVP off... that is why the worst griefers and complainers are the dwindling PVE crowd...

- well hello, a survival game... where everything is a resource... used for something... call it survival... (ps: "survival" not available on the PVE servers)

- "I'm coming down fast but I'm miles above you"...
Funny how you say that with only one server less full than each of the PVPs... seems like you people have ruin out of things to do faster...
And yeah, you hit the nail on the head... with less PVP player playing there is not much else to do than PVE, ergo people leave... QED see the empty PVE server...

16 hours ago, Pant said:

to be good you need to have solid game mechanics

Before good mechanics... you need servers that can handle the load.

4 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

- whining in this forum is under the /pve/... PVPer take the game as is or quit, but as you say PVEer are too invested in it (and got lots of empty time thinking about what would make their empty time more empty)...
PVEer play the PVE and complain that there is not much to do... PVPer play the PVE as a means to an end called PVP... all you do in PVE server is there to be used for PVP...
which you not have = no purpose... therefore PVE complains...
hell it is always so funny when you guys come complain "wahahaha, some baddy spammed my base !"... well there is a in-game solution for that since release... but you switch PVP off... that is why the worst griefers and complainers are the dwindling PVE crowd...

- well hello, a survival game... where everything is a resource... used for something... call it survival... (ps: "survival" not available on the PVE servers)

- "I'm coming down fast but I'm miles above you"...
Funny how you say that with only one server less full than each of the PVPs... seems like you people have ruin out of things to do faster...
And yeah, you hit the nail on the head... with less PVP player playing there is not much else to do than PVE, ergo people leave... QED see the empty PVE server...

Come on man, pvp is empty as well. Pve people left because they got rid of the frost pve cluster to begin with. Pvp servers are just as dead. And nah, I have seen plenty of pvp people complaining. Deny it all you want but I have seen plenty of it.

5 hours ago, Nacona said:

Well factions will be a big test comming soon... but not in Atlas... the game is called Amazones New World and it will attract very much of the Atlas Players and fans of MMOs and MMORPGs. Unfortunately that game is some different style game because it's simply an RPG - PVE game with PvP options. Devs stated that Atlas shall be an open sandbox survival game with even less RPG in the future... but the future will show if the Players will stay after New World launch. I guess New World's launch will be different to Last Oasis that could not get most of the Atlas Players for more than 1-2 weeks. I did not try LO myself because wood bases/walkers in the desert... it's attracting me like Dinos in Ark = totally not. But in New World players will lose their ability to build their base, harbor and ships in a open sandbox.

I will definitely be waiting for new world then. Haven’t heard of it yet but thanks for bringing it up. I’ll make sure to look it up today. Players are already leaving anyways so even if new world doesn’t take them something else is already. 

Pvpers would have to pay if you expect PVEers to provide product. This makes a far better economy than this silly warehouse gold printing machine. (100% broke until you get a warehouse, then you're rich)

That means pvp actions needs to pay. Such as every player ship sunk drops gold and gear just like an npc ship but more.  An amount worth adding to the value of the fight. Like half the cost of building the ship plus some of it's gear. Every claim tower destroyed pays x amount. Every enemy player killed pays x amount.

Then PVPers can sail back to the safe zone where us barbie playhouse PVEers  have everything for sale they need to refit and stock up for their next run to the combat grids. Just like RL pirates back in the day.

The war zone should have reduced resources.

PVPers may spend days at a time in the war zone but then if they are going to be away for a few days, they can sail their ships to a safe zone dock yard... to not get Off-lined while away. Off line pvp is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Others may fill a mid level risk jobs like cargo runners, from the safe zone to war zone bases.

Factions could be the English and the Pirates. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nacona said:

the game is called Amazones New World

We will have to see how New World is when released. It's release was delayed for a year on advice from beta testers, for lack of content.

I will be there on opening day to check it out. You can look at beta game play videos. I'm not that impressed. We shall see in a few months.