George Catcher

My trading experience.

17 hours ago, George Catcher said:

As far as I can see, devs did this resources overhaul for "farming spots matters".

So if you place your gathering facility just the first spot near your base, most likely you'll gather: Softwood/Bark/Limestone/Basalt/Iron/Straw. For example, I live in south island in I10 and that's western tundra biome. I have just softwood in all my trees. But guys who live in J11 north island that is also western tundra, have rowan-like trees that gives them lightwood. (I also have rowan-like trees right in my base but they brings me just softwood).

So the idea was I guess, to search most unique spots for gathering facilities, but... with current "restriction radius" it'll just wont work. If you find your unique spot in 99% of that spots you'll won't be able to place your farm due to "to many similar building in areas".

Oh and of course those who settled island like my (and I've got exactly all softwood/bark/limestone/basalt/iron/straw and nothing else) won't be able to offer anyone anything unique.

Thats right, i have some spots where i get 3 woods and 3 thatch in a lumberjack, most spots yield one each.
Same with stone, you want to get the other stones from the metal/flint/coal nodes.
I have spots were i get 3 types of fiber too.
So in generall, there are a few spots were i want all kind of farms, but are limited to one.

And when you are not first you are last, and the good spots gets blocked.
How we have the same keep out area, but need 4 times the farms doesnt make sence to me.

• Like 1

Note for patch 526.08 

• Fixed instances in which trading was being used for unintended actions. Meaning any and all unused warehouses will decay within an amount of 10 days from its last trade .A 4 day laps will prompt a 6 day timer .After the timer has expired the warehouse will fully decay and any items within it will fall to the ground into a bag prompting another 15 minute timer  .After this timer expires all the items within the bag will also decay and disappear