George Catcher

My trading experience.

Ok, there will be a wipe SOON™ and it means - this is a chance for new players to establish their trading stuff.

Last week with great help and advises from @Nacona buddy, I was trying to test trading stuff and get along with it. Right now I have 2 farms (just a windmill and lumberyard), one warehouse, and one market. I get tons of different resources and most important 4000 - 12000 gold everyday!!!

I just wanna share my trading experience, and write what I found so far.

1) - Build your trading chain.

You need at least 1 farmhouse. 1 warehouse (build on a shore) and 1 market built near warehouse.

(The more farms are better, but I'm not sure if you'll get any profit from like 5-6 farms. I have 2 and my warehouse hell full of famed stuff).

Note that usual farmhouse (this windmill house) with 100% efficiency full itself within couple of hours and stop working. 75% efficiency - will get farm working for like 5-6 hours until it full. So if you not near, you better get it to 50% (2 buildings alongside). However my lumberyard with 100% efficiency works 24/7, as long as it have fuel.

All farms and warehouses consumes around 500 fuel per real life day.

2Btf850.jpg

2) - Get yourself started.

First you need to wait a while and check - what your farms brings. Like check my farmhouse:

20MuxCu.jpg

I've got:

- Cotton.

- Obsidian.

- Resin.

- Roots.

- Sandstone.

- Softwood.

- Wetwood.

What I do, is I go my market, and set for trading:

- Cotton for generic fibers.

- Obsidian for generic flint.

- Resin for generic saps.

- Roots for generic thatches.

- Sandstone for generic stone.

- Softwood and wetwood for generic wood.

And DONT ADD ANYTHING ELSE YET!!!

n6TyUe7.jpg

Don't worry. You wont get those generic resources back (i mean those you get at freeport or by demolishing stuff) Choosing one will brings you back ANY RESOURCES THIS TYPE!!!

3) - First tradings:

ugP94g8.jpg

- Name your market something like 1x1. 

- Push: "Find New Trading Route".

- Check if there are 30-income routes available.

- You can check what guys offers you by pressing cogwheel button and then "View Trading Offers". The left column of wares shows what other player offer you for exchange. Right one - shows what do he want. Like on the picture above @Nacona ready to receive from me any wood (I've got softwood and wetwood), thatches (I've got roots) and any fibers (I've got cotton). 

(Btw we've got like 103 ships running right now!!! 🤩 👍 this is insane).

Send trading offers to 30-income guys, with as many resources he wants from you as possible.

After I established my first couple of trading, I found that woods and thatches are most popular wares here. That's why I decided to add lumberyard to my trading chain.

4) - Maximizing profit.

After you established your first routes, wait a day or two. Then check what wares you've got for your trading. Like check this one, I've got for trading tons of BARK thatches every day!!!

sg0oTBg.jpg

So you if you see some wares that appears in your warehouse a lot, then you go market and SEND THESE WARES back for trading!!! I personally have lightwood, barks, rushes, hemp and more stuff I receive a lot and trade it back.

As for my trading with Nacona I send him wetwood and softwood and get lightwood for exchange. After that I send him lightwood back and get my wetwood and softwood : )) Same with cotton for hemp and then hemp back for cotton. Sounds weird but it generates gold anyway : )) 

This one is optional, but you can also establish one or two trading with guys who ready to exchange different resources. So check new routes, view offers. Like check this one out:

eCapNrt.jpg

Keep you trade routes updated (some1 might cancel one, or some1 can send better offers).

Make sure your farms and warehouse have fuel (I have 6 nitrite  nodes around so I fuel my farms with coal-type of fuel).

Make sure your warehouse have free slots (it can maximum have 120 slots wares but once I suddenly saw like 135/120) so if there are like 10 slots of same resource you can transfer 6 to you storage box (I use resources boxes for that).

mtDNnJE.jpg

Any additional info is welcome here : ))

Edited by George Catcher
  • Like 2

Good post. This is the way to go.

I got so bored farming for a schooner I quit for a month. A week after I started trading I had a brig and a gally. And now half a million in a buried chest.

A tip for those 40k days... 1. Set up fair one for one trades and profit by volume. 2. Cart in product from out of range gathers. 3. Trade everything. People are trading just to trade and not always because they need something.

The system is totally broken but it's the only way we have now. If you can't find a place to drop the structures, your boned! Farm whales in a sloop.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 11:26 AM, George Catcher said:

I still don't understand why I keep getting parrot eggs, gunpowder, cannonballs and ingots : )))

Think thats the result of "random events" which is supposed to be a thing in the future

• Like 1

@George Catcherthank you for trading with me further on. After i demolished my market you are simply  the only trading partner i got so far but we are permanently running about 200 trade ships so gold income is great.

The start of our trading was not that good until i explained that you can trade for all types and that you can set up a circle shipment of the resources instead of taking out my lightwood from your warehouse to safe it on your side for example.(only gold generation trading)

You get the parrot eggs, ingots some wood type and gems by default when your ships encounter some generic event during the journey. But after the last patch the trade log is still not available = no hot fix by the Devs. But this works well as you trade in circles but you get additional resources and gold from this events. Like you get dark and iron wood which would be difficult (the old effort) to collect it yourself and transport it yourself.

And this is the main issue i see so far. I log in daily 1-3 times to start the farmhouses.(in the morning as i am working in homeoffice xD) But Devs did have plenty of time now but again there are no fixes to implemented stuff... but they all working on the new map layout starting with the known bugs again.

I use 2 stone farmhouses myself and they are running on 0,3/0,4 speed. They stop after max 4 hours already but they are also collecting berrys and herbs... my lumberyard is out of the range of the warehouse... so i have there a chest with 400k wood and thatch...

My lumberyard is a BP but even i have increased capacity it can only farm up to 10k weight -> BUG

I even think it does not have an improved gather rate either... but i will not test this.

So basically after testing lots of trading and seeing still plenty of Bugs and no improvements to the farmhouses and warehouses i am like all PVE Players just simply keeping up the stuff doing nothing in the game = i am not playing this game^^ Well at least i did the Power Stones and Kraken v1 with a masterwork Brigantine solo in 2 days. Oh i just remember that i got 3 crabs and also about 60 squid legs so i could buy the Kraken ship to test it out.

Edited by Nacona
  • Like 2

So, where does the gold actually come from? Thats the only bit that is confusing me!

It's from the fact that you have success trade with someone : )) Like you've got some wood delivered. For that you'll get a gold. Then you have your wood delivered back. You got a gold for that too : ) Sounds pretty weird and wrong but that's how it works right now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

It's from the fact that you have success trade with someone : )) Like you've got some wood delivered. For that you'll get a gold. Then you have your wood delivered back. You got a gold for that too : ) Sounds pretty weird and wrong but that's how it works right now.

Yeah I have seen how it works now! Kinda like the trade system on AoE II. Thanks 🙂

• Like 1

well Devs wrote that they expect the main income for gold is reduced by 60% but i guess it is much more reduced.

If you had 4 farms running you now have simply only 1 working. Reduction = 75% (1x farm, 1x lumb, 1x mine, 1x quarry)

75% less resources in warehouse + double ammount of required resources to start trade = no trades starting^^

And on top you get 20% less gold for the double shipment if it starts.(+events where your captain goes empty and just has a parrot egg)

but Devs i agree, it is 20% + 20% + 20% =  60%

Do not trust any statistics that you have not falsified yourself

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 9:29 AM, Nacona said:

well Devs wrote that they expect the main income for gold is reduced by 60% but i guess it is much more reduced.

If you had 4 farms running you now have simply only 1 working. Reduction = 75% (1x farm, 1x lumb, 1x mine, 1x quarry)

75% less resources in warehouse + double ammount of required resources to start trade = no trades starting^^

And on top you get 20% less gold for the double shipment if it starts.(+events where your captain goes empty and just has a parrot egg)

but Devs i agree, it is 20% + 20% + 20% =  60%

Do not trust any statistics that you have not falsified yourself

You going by patchnotes, thats a problem, i dont think the weight is doubled.
You can fully utilise your gold gain with market without any autofarmer attached, you need to fill/refill it manually tho. Later you can trade the event ressources too.

Also the math for the new income is (100-20) /2 .

Still we make like ~5k per day with one market, not even running at full potential.

How did you manage to get so many trade btw? Has it been nerf'd a bit with the update? I think the most we have had so far is 4 lol

I have 5 farms conected, but i farmed like 30k woood into the warehouse in the beginning. We trade the stuff from the events too at some point, like the ingots and gems.
We also dont really took stuff out yet, except for metal (iron).
You can only have 5 active routes, aim for constantly shipping ones, with like 1-3 ships depending on distance.
As the gold gain is limited by ships depature (which is a fixed frequency) its best to only use the longest distance, hence earning more per ship.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Kummba said:

I have 5 farms conected, but i farmed like 30k woood into the warehouse in the beginning. We trade the stuff from the events too at some point, like the ingots and gems.
We also dont really took stuff out yet, except for metal (iron).
You can only have 5 active routes, aim for constantly shipping ones, with like 1-3 ships depending on distance.
As the gold gain is limited by ships depature (which is a fixed frequency) its best to only use the longest distance, hence earning more per ship.

I guess you are playing on PVE with lots of motivated trading partners and benefiting from the fact that you settle on lawless which should have more resources than the claimable islands. So your trading is very easy. Also you trade for example 1:1 metal for metall, wood for wood etc. On PvP this is not possible if you are settler on a claimable island like i am actually. I am surounded by others that all have the same metal, wood, thatch and fiber like me so we have to set up different tradings that do not fit well. For example i have 200k fiber in warehouse but nobody wants to receive fiber around me^^

(PVE) I had the same for a few days. Almost no trades. Traveled a few grids in two directions and all nodes had the same resources. But... after a few days trades started and now I have other resources coming in daily. Maybe it's the secondary trades starting from those on the resource border. A few days of almost no income to now a few k a day.

There are two goals for trading, making gold and getting rare resources. Both are kinda exclusive.

You will have a rare metal and iron. Just trade your rare metal vs. iron and iron vs. your rare metal. Your neighbour can do the same.

You can set up same for some woods.
In generall you need to have resources, but your parner too.

they messed it up by adding generic ressource, now u have to manually set each ressource

5 hours ago, chukiki said:

they messed it up by adding generic ressource, now u have to manually set each ressource

FUCK YOU DUDE GTFO NOBODY LIKES YOU, GOOOO AWAAAAY

This will get you a warehouse full of generic resources. And If you have 103 ships out on a single trader, You sent them alot of stuff, their warehouse is likely gone or out of resources. So good luck getting anything back. This is likely to happen just after trading you all the generic shit you cant use. Before great praise, people need to validate.

I'm not sure if we should keep this thread, because devs changed the hell alot this season, and alot of things working different ways.

I'd like to call out that the circle trades are working the best for me. Softwood goes out wetwood comes back. Same trading partner then sends softwood to get wetwood. I wish more people could have trades defined like this. Of course some to get what you need, but these circle trades are pure gold (pun intended). 

As far as I can see, devs did this resources overhaul for "farming spots matters".

So if you place your gathering facility just the first spot near your base, most likely you'll gather: Softwood/Bark/Limestone/Basalt/Iron/Straw. For example, I live in south island in I10 and that's western tundra biome. I have just softwood in all my trees. But guys who live in J11 north island that is also western tundra, have rowan-like trees that gives them lightwood. (I also have rowan-like trees right in my base but they brings me just softwood).

So the idea was I guess, to search most unique spots for gathering facilities, but... with current "restriction radius" it'll just wont work. If you find your unique spot in 99% of that spots you'll won't be able to place your farm due to "to many similar building in areas".

Oh and of course those who settled island like my (and I've got exactly all softwood/bark/limestone/basalt/iron/straw and nothing else) won't be able to offer anyone anything unique.

Edited by George Catcher