Sign in to follow this  
Reiver Demon

April Update - Public concerns, issues etc

As of April 2021

1. I can no longer respect at each level. Only purchasing the respec from the vendor in a freeport works.

2. Land claim flags somehow steal people's rafts and some smaller ships. Personally ive seen up to a Brig stolen in this way.  The "thief" in this situation can mount the wheel but can not actually move the ship.  The thief can destroy planks and sink the ship.  The victim can unclaim then re-claim the ship to correct it.  Maybe this is partially working as intended?  Rafts can not be destroyed in this fashion.  I presently ghost own several rafts I can't remove from the company.

3. Treasure maps still have issues with NPCs spawning inside the ground. Or they fall off a cliff. Until a better fix is implemented how about a simple if and than in the coding.  See if there are any valid targets above the mesh. You already have the coding for if a NPC can't hit a player it runs and resets.  If no valid targets then complete the map.  This sounds trivial but T-map hunting is a big aspect of the PvE content.

4. Stuck tames. - The latest map has many areas you can walk into a "cave" oh wait, no that was just a crappy area not properly drawn in allowing you to undermesh.  I remember back in Season 1 where if you whistle your bear it would eventually "teleport" to you. Go back to that or give us a way to get our stuck tames out of the mesh.

Add to it....

Land claim flags somehow steal people's rafts and some smaller ships. Personally ive seen up to a Brig stolen in this way.  The "thief" in this situation can mount the wheel but can not actually move the ship.  The thief can destroy planks and sink the ship.  The victim can unclaim then re-claim the ship to correct it.  Maybe this is partially working as intended?  Rafts can not be destroyed in this fashion.  I presently ghost own several rafts I can't remove from the company.

Yeah if your ship is within claim tower radius (not just water tower, but land tower also, and ppl can place land towers on the shipyard edge), after tower start working - all structures of all ships within claimed radius will be claimed too. After that tower's owner can place F1 claim flag on the deck and fully claim the ship.

Some say tho, that after formal owner looses all structures on the ship, he can unclaim and claim back the ship, and get all stuff back. Didn't test this one.

kj5ZaOE.jpg

91yOWd8.jpg

Edited by George Catcher

I am out till they remove the claim tower crash.

Everything you build will be lost to any naked random beach bob passing by with a claim tower.