Hiya, I'm not the most savy tech person but I enjoy dabbling, building my own PC and running a few game servers for my friends and I.

I just recently got an HPE z620 dual E-5 2690 v2, 128gb @1333 and 4 samsung 250gb ssd's I was planning to run in a raid 5. Currently I run an i7 2700k, 16gb @1600 w/2 samsung 250gb ssd's. I support 3-4 servers at a time, primarily ARK with 20 mods, with a community of 10-20 players. The performance is very good and I would have to say I have done no server optimization.

The reason for getting the workstation was born of a desire to run a 3x3 Atlas grid along side 4 ARK servers and at least 3-4 other game servers so my friends and I, roughly 10-20 concurrent players, can still play the games we want without having to continually swap servers around on the low core/low ram machine. I also plan to add a second array for a small home NAS in the future to the workstation.

I'm just looking for people's opinions here on if they think the workstation will handle the above use case scenario without any perceivable degradation in performance as compared to the current i7 setup. I would also welcome any thoughts on the machines future viability as we move into UE5, ARK 2 and future Atlas endeavours and if you think it was a good investment at nearly  £900 considering my use case scenario above.

Thank you. 🙂