Sign in to follow this  
jared.lapsley@gmail.com

Dolphin

Well... I for the first time went trenches with dolphin. A-a-a-a-a-and... as far as trenches has a lot of discovery points, any1 can easily use one to get some x-tra +max lvl.

(I mean... with current leveling issues, I doubt anyone goes beyond lvl-70, and 9 powerstones gives you +26 max lvl... but, anyway. Maybe some1 don't wanna do hydras hunting and naked cave running, and only want just few more x-tra levels fast... I dunno...).

Maybe for you, but I use them for the intelligence boost. That with a crow, I can get +15% quality on bp crafting. On mythical stuff that is huge. As far as riding it, yeah it doesn't have any real value me. The seahorse is also not valuable to me. It is faster than the dolphin though.

Dolphins.... yeah... only use is inteligence buff directly in your base which means a good time safe when crafting. Also high level Dolphins do not give you more buff so you do not need to bread them.

Dolphin stats are very low so the buff of imprinting is not very much. Breading is very easy, Dolphins only need about 300 salted fish to grow up completely, you can also use crab meat. Biggest issue is the first minutes when the meat has so much points to fill up that the Dolphin is loosing healt after reaching 0 food before it starts eating. In Thundra water i had no issues with temperature at all so you only need to feed the little one.

Dolphins do not have much damage and run out of stamina pretty fast. They can only carry a little weight... they can't move backwards and have a very large forward moving turning radius... so you can't really hunt down fishes and harvest them. You do not have a chance to fight squids and sharks can kill the dolphins pretty fast.

Dolhins have the -0.0 weight bug in 80% of the time which means they are encumbered. Always make sure you put them 1 stone or something that does not expire in their inventory. i lost my first tamed Dolphin to a shark in 10 seconds after i tamed it because it did not move.

Dolphins can't follow your ship and there is no way to store them... so if you go on journey with it you are not allowed to die as you do not have a ship with you and no Bed for respawn. There shall be bugs after crossing grid borders as well... i never tried it.

To tame Dolhins can be really tuff thing if there are allways sharks... Also Dolphins often swim away from you the moment you want to feed them... after i finished Kraken and got the submarine i tried taming again to finally get one. So i used submarine to kill all sharks around and collect their prime fish. Than i tamed the Dolphins by using a grapling hook on them. (Does no damage to them)If you are lucky they don't jump and you keep connected to them and can feed them during a very wild ride. Be aware that sometimes trowing a grapling hook on a jumping Dolphin can work like a catapult and throw you about 3-4000meters away from your ship. I guess it can even trow you in another grid if you are close to a border xD The time this happened to me my character was desynced to the server for about 30 minutes... of course i lost all my gear in the sea... and i could not find the dead body after shipping to the position where i seamed to die.