Sign in to follow this  
jared.lapsley@gmail.com

Npc taming

So I was thinking about it the other day, (literally when I tried to buy crew from the vender and was only able to purchase one for my galleon), why can't we wonder freeports and other in game cities and choose which npc crew members we want and tame them in a similar way we tame wild creatures with a 5g purchase that way? Wouldn't it be easier or more authentic to purchase their services the any sea captain would? It could even be regulated. I'm just tired of same ol same ol with crew members. Just a thought, so don't bite my head off.

Well sounds great to have a Freeport NPC town with taverns and such things and lots of NPCs wandering arround you could hire.

But actually you can only buy 10 NPCs from the vendor as one company. If you are not solo you should kick one of your players. He can buy 10 NPCs and than you invite him to your company and the NPCs will join with him. Kick him again and repeat.(old way to do it) You can skill a ship for max crew level or if you are two players one should take a bucket for the trip back to your base xD

If you have the skill just build cannons or puckles with NPCs in your base and demolish them as you only need the NPC.

Your thought is great but it will be in this game maybe in 5-10 years.