Sign in to follow this  
Captain Kuro

What happened to this game?

I played this game from day 1, and had some real fun times playing on PvP with my friends. Sadly work and real life came along and I wasnt able to play. Today, one of my friends who hasnt played got it in a sale recently, and was hyped about wanted to play it. While downloading it I decided to check the patch notes, and what the fuck has actually happened?!

Paying gold to build ships in your own shipyard?

Modular ships so no ship design??

The ability to claim claim other people bases AND ships, just like that???

Jeez I was actually excited to come back and play, but just reading that I am just going to uninstall again. I dont even want to be involved in that cancer. Who thought this was a good idea? Thats not to mention the likely countless other awful changes which I havent yet read about!

ask chukiki 

but paying gold tbh is good. dont judge that before cursingbit, trust me, i was thinking the same before started this season. But it gives gold a purpose, and having market/warehouse/farm houses gives u alot of gold and time of grinding materials, u can spend ur time sailing,pvpin,building,taming instead

we were a 2 man company for a longtime and in 1 month we had gained maybi 400k+ gold and built a bigger base we ever had, and had printed schooner and brigand. but we played maybi 12-15h a day

this ship stealing/base stealing made our motivation go to 0%

Edited by hartsia
  • Like 2

Ok the gold thing doesnt sounds too bad then. The lack of customisation on ships sounds awful though. That was one of my favourite parts of the game designing ships and getting good layouts of maximum potential.

Lets hope they get rid of that base stealing, because that genuinely sounds awful. My mates and I quite Ark today after being raided for the 9th time in 2 weeks, but at least there we could fight back and people had to put some effort into raiding! This new system just sounds perfect for trolls

@Captain Kuro

Simple answer.

In order to be a Pirate, your merry band needs to have the following roles filled

-builder/ architect

-accountant

-crafter

-patch translator

-animal handler

-somebody to stock troughs and refill basic supplies

-Market/ Warehouse/ Farmhouse operator

-ambassador

THEN, if you still have free time, feel free to enjoy your Pirate adventures 🙂

Good luck

Edited by Ranger1k

10 hours ago, Captain Kuro said:

I played this game from day 1, and had some real fun times playing on PvP with my friends. Sadly work and real life came along and I wasnt able to play. Today, one of my friends who hasnt played got it in a sale recently, and was hyped about wanted to play it. While downloading it I decided to check the patch notes, and what the fuck has actually happened?!

Paying gold to build ships in your own shipyard?

Modular ships so no ship design??

The ability to claim claim other people bases AND ships, just like that???

Jeez I was actually excited to come back and play, but just reading that I am just going to uninstall again. I dont even want to be involved in that cancer. Who thought this was a good idea? Thats not to mention the likely countless other awful changes which I havent yet read about!

Exactly, I played from day 1 as well uninstalled it weeks ago. I was tempted to come back with claim changes see what it's like but now for me it is dead in the water. I have no desire to play it anymore, getting further away from what the game should be like.

From what I read it looks like they are moving towards a full PvP game mode and PvE is finished reading between the lines it is not a positive move at all.

I'm lucky to have had some fun from it since day 1 though, worth what I paid but I feel sorry for anyone just coming into the game right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only an insane player can play Atlas in its current state.

All ships, docks and bases are auto-lost to every random exploiter troll with a claim tower coming along.

I am out as 90% of the other players. 

Atlas was on a good path, the player base really went up due to very good new additions like the armored docks which granted lone wolves and small groups minimum defence. But all this was destroyed by these ridiculous claim towers.

They promised to buff solos and small groups but instead completely destroyed them with the last patch.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1