Sign in to follow this  
KillaBry

New/Old Claiming system (Shipyard)

NEW????????

New System: Area Claiming
New Tower types have been added to claim land in lawless regions. Claiming gives ownership over an area, preventing any other companies from building there. A new claim also gives ownership over any buildings in its area. Destroying the tower removes the build prevention and allows anyone else to claim the area and its contents.

• The claimed area is visible on the map
  • Claim Towers may be seen through concealment with the spyglass
  • Claim Towers cost Island points, starting at 4 and maxing around 8
  • May claim Armored Docks and the ships inside them

New Structure: Land Claim Tower
This Tower must be placed on land. When first placed, it will start at 10% health, and slowly repairs itself and upon reaching 100% health will lay claim to the surrounding area of land.

• Claiming takes about 45 minutes without interference
  • Enemies may damage the claim tower while it is building to slow its progress or destroy it
  • Players may "repair" the tower for 2% health every 5 seconds (costs 100g)
  • If a competing tower is built within the radius before this tower is complete, it is immediately destroyed

New Structure: Water Claim Tower
This Tower must be placed within already-claimed water. It extends the claim radius out to sea to protect your harbors.

• Claiming takes about 30 minutes without interference
  • May be repaired like the Land Claim Tower

Im hoping the new devs actually read feedback on subjects so heres my 2cents,

Why would you go back into a season 1 failure THIS IS NOT A NEW SYSTEM Only thing new here is you put a POINT cost on ?

All you have done is used the files from previous parts of the game and restyled them,   what did you do look at the player base back in season 1?  and think hey we can go backwards.

Season 1 was spam of land and seas to the point people were claiming seas just to spell there companies names causing major lag from claim areas so the dev team back then implemented one island claim to stop the island spams and allowed lawless to be just that,  if you choose to live there that was your risk,  Lawless having most of the rares wasnt ment to be lived 24/7 it was farm and move,  or farm and hide ur stash due to rare. You would pull up on ur boat grab and move - But your current comments state you want more sea action, your moving people towards the sea to explore etc, -  Exactly the same with a freeport but YET you still allow boats to stay there and turn into FOBS.  max res and become a breeding pen or farm fob (Thumbs Up for no fix)

WHY the hell would i park a boat in a lawless now! oh sorry ive gotta get the phone or see to the kids etc,  im alittle longer then expected and bang its like cilet (the sh** is gone)

Season 1 was based on using the claim system to get someones buildings that then spent (xyz) building which pissed a few player of, And now you bring it with the passion to allow claiming someones BP'd ship - this makes ZERO sence for you wanting people to come to sea....

As the OLD Saying goes if its not Broke dont fix it - There was other areas to look at improving rather then a lawless region. 

Then you have the Armoured SHIPYARD - why would you allow companies to have multiple freeports on different islands?

Only thing there missing is to buy NPC from -  Why havent you LIMITED it to x2 per company per grid.  IT would stop the island spam of them, and i thought it wasnt possible to build on control points but yet you can place an armoured dock there?  Oh well lets just get a boat there and put 10 npc under the deck and create a fob.  only way to get rid is kill the dock lmfao.

it Makes ZERO sence to harbour run anyone anymore - You just killed that aspect of the game OH MY DAYS!

Honestly guys i doubt you play or test what you create because you wouldnt have this many people getting frustrated over a game and maybe do your research on its previous seasons rather then stating something is new,   Yes to the xbox players if they didnt have it on PC it is New but to all your VALID supporters since the Release me being one it ISNT NEW lol

Ill probably get flamed by the solo/duo tribes but hey Honestly this patch is a major fail.  and yes ive been here since season 1 with many hours supporting this game.

Oh well enough from me i just hope that you relook this system because it will be flop to your game.

For future Reference for the NEW DEV TEAM,   i think he sums it up pretty well IMO:

Edited by KillaBry
  • Thanks 1

I was mearly using what he come across via the claim system which he announces at around 4min.   

Hoping the devs would actually do research instead of saying its a new system 😉  its been done and it failed.

19 hours ago, KillaBry said:

I was mearly using what he come across via the claim system which he announces at around 4min.   

Hoping the devs would actually do research instead of saying its a new system 😉  its been done and it failed.

To be fair there are some differences. The main one being there is a hard limit to how many you may have. This alone makes it vastly better that the unlimited claims from season 1. You can argue there is still too many per company, but we are getting closer for sure.

Now, they went about this incorrectly. In no way should this ever take over your boat, that mechanic already exists and supplementing it is redundant and a waste of time and effort. This should have been released with a wipe and removal of island claims. Under those circumstances it is likely that the towers would be received in a whole different light. No one would have anything built up yet to be taken over.

PvE should not even have these towers. Or land claims or island claims at all for that matter. That's as far as my sympathy will ever go for you all on PvE 😛 

On 3/17/2021 at 2:34 PM, Chucksteak said:

To be fair there are some differences. The main one being there is a hard limit to how many you may have. This alone makes it vastly better that the unlimited claims from season 1. You can argue there is still too many per company, but we are getting closer for sure.

Makes no Difference if you ask me they removed the system due to bugs with it and allowed Claimed islands and Lawless.

Now Lawless is not that as its owned so should be Law and Claimed.  There was a point to being a lawless going unseen as your enemy searched for you while farming the Rare resource, Now you just having a shit stick saying HERE I AM 😉    Now they've just shown where the enemies are in LAWLESS areas so the Small group that do usually settle going undetechted now have a come get me sign because if they dont someone else is gonna claim there base.. We put one down to have a test of it to find we claimed someones half a base lmfao.   all we did was demolish a wall and we owned there resource box and ammo while they had a few storages and there door.  ITS A JOKE SYSTEM 

Its a pointless attempt - There major focus was to bring more sea exploration hence the Dolphin/Seahorse as its is a sea game as such This claiming system will not want people to explore,  because ur base will be gone within 40minutes, its the same as the BUG on the Seaforts not allowed to build on it but yet you can place an armoured Dock and just place a fob boat there.  Now that makes sence too (Not)..

WANT PEOPLE TO GO TO SEA MORE???? Remove the Barrel from SHIPS lol Been Complained about for what 2/3 Seasons but its still here lol...   No one and i mean no one wants to spend hours doing a boat to lose it in 3 barrel shots and with the cost of ships now. I admit Im guilty i use a Barrel on the back just so i can match my Opponant but i really HATE this.  

In No game SEA type have i seen barrels been shot from.  Barshot yes that was a thing..  but come on!

They really need to look into this, atleast there last team put the PTR up for awhile to be tested by the community before implementing, Now this team run it for a couple days or so and i doubt there testing otherwise they'de know the issue's and not release its last couple of updates. eg:  Armoured/Claims.

Only thing that did come decent from the patches were the glider stam drain and movement of that aswell as increased flame damage of Balista. they still allowed the barrels to be shot from boats but hey thats another story lol.

Edited by KillaBry
  • Like 1

As veteran player i explain the difference :

Old claim system :

You could place a claim flag to steal a base (NOT a ship !). This was only possible with no player, sleeper or tame or NPC in the base. If someone was inside the base you had still to FIGHT !

New system :

Any noob with a claim flag can offline raid you everytime in the middle of the night and steal everything in 45 minutes.

On 3/19/2021 at 6:21 PM, KillaBry said:

Makes no Difference if you ask me they removed the system due to bugs with it and allowed Claimed islands and Lawless.

Now Lawless is not that as its owned so should be Law and Claimed.  There was a point to being a lawless going unseen as your enemy searched for you while farming the Rare resource, Now you just having a shit stick saying HERE I AM 😉    Now they've just shown where the enemies are in LAWLESS areas so the Small group that do usually settle going undetechted now have a come get me sign because if they dont someone else is gonna claim there base.. We put one down to have a test of it to find we claimed someones half a base lmfao.   all we did was demolish a wall and we owned there resource box and ammo while they had a few storages and there door.  ITS A JOKE SYSTEM 

Its a pointless attempt - There major focus was to bring more sea exploration hence the Dolphin/Seahorse as its is a sea game as such This claiming system will not want people to explore,  because ur base will be gone within 40minutes, its the same as the BUG on the Seaforts not allowed to build on it but yet you can place an armoured Dock and just place a fob boat there.  Now that makes sence too (Not)..

WANT PEOPLE TO GO TO SEA MORE???? Remove the Barrel from SHIPS lol Been Complained about for what 2/3 Seasons but its still here lol...   No one and i mean no one wants to spend hours doing a boat to lose it in 3 barrel shots and with the cost of ships now. I admit Im guilty i use a Barrel on the back just so i can match my Opponant but i really HATE this.  

In No game SEA type have i seen barrels been shot from.  Barshot yes that was a thing..  but come on!

They really need to look into this, atleast there last team put the PTR up for awhile to be tested by the community before implementing, Now this team run it for a couple days or so and i doubt there testing otherwise they'de know the issue's and not release its last couple of updates. eg:  Armoured/Claims.

Only thing that did come decent from the patches were the glider stam drain and movement of that aswell as increased flame damage of Balista. they still allowed the barrels to be shot from boats but hey thats another story lol.

I really don't disagree with anything you said here. Except the PTR. I view us in EA as the PTR. Some will disagree, but it is what EA is for. Even if smaller companies abuse it, it's a good tool for what it does.

• Thanks 1