Sign in to follow this  
Motor

Current state restricts game play

In the current state of game for pve, I can't really sail anywhere remotely far away. Where can I anchor when I'm 2hrs away from my claim? I sail 2 hrs to do a map then sail 2hrs back all in one jaunt? I'm SEVERELY restricted when sailing ANYWHERE. How am i to go anywhere or do anything in this game anymore? Was this completely overlooked? Am I missing something? A claim bouy can be placed by my anchored ship and I'm sol, right? So how do we go anywhere that isn't close to our claim? I'm baffled. Here is a great way to resolve this. How about at the cost of gold at x per day, I pay the claim I'm on to anchor there. Another way to distribute gold. Hotspots will be points of interest.

Another issue is I have an unclaimed ship in my claim and they left it to rot but it's seems to not be decaying. The npc's are now gone but the planks have the same health as they did before the update. So now I have to claim it or it will never go away. Was this also overlooked? Am I missing something here as well? I am just in a state of utter confusion to when  new things are implemented, that these types of things are issues? It feels like devs are spitballing new ideas with complete disregard for the repercussions. This is going to be a long and frustrating road at this rate. Or Is It to give the players ideas to give back to them, but that would take them listening to the feedback and I don't feel that the players are getting heard as much as they should. I'm not trying to hate or be harsh, it's that this is the persona of the game and I'm not the only one that feels this way. This isn't difficult stuff imo. Other games jump these hurdles with ease. This feels like the hurdles in the  special Olympics. I'm sorry that this is how I feel. It's just frustrating as all hell.

Edited by Motor

No need to sail the full 2 hrs... there are no claiming towers outside of lawless.  Just sail from map location to the nearest owned island and anchor up safe.

55 minutes ago, Dementez said:

No need to sail the full 2 hrs... there are no claiming towers outside of lawless.  Just sail from map location to the nearest owned island and anchor up safe.

There is talk of removing claimed islands and just using this claim system. Either way I was in golden age collecting mythos and instead of finding nearest island and going to bed, I spent 1hr sailing into the wind back to base because I didn't want to leave it in golden age. And I was only 3 severs over. Sailing through lawless (which should be called lawed now) to find a claimed island to anchor at is a waste of time. It shouldn't have to be like this. Thus the title of thread.

Edited by Motor