Sign in to follow this  
Olthoi

I Claimed Everything, But Still....

Ok, some thoughts after this patch (PvE)

I am an established player with all the fancy toys.  I was logged in when the patch went live and grabbed all my stuff and locked down my area without a hitch.  Even managed to help a few neighbors who were logged out.   Its a small island and it didn't take long for the other people on the island to lock it down.  No problems, everybody for the  most part was happy.

But now what?

If you're a new player what do you do?  They  cant build anywhere, I cant allow a new player to build in my zone even I wanted to. Also: I don't dare park a boat at somebody's claim when I am AFK, all they need to do is pick up the tower and drop a new one and they own my boat.  The only safe places to leave a boat is Freeport, Neutral Point, a Player Owned island, or your own zone.  I used to just sail about and log out where I was, not anymore.

And these claim towers:  No cost other than island points, no decay, cant damage, and no decay timer.  Once its down that it. Nothing else to talk about

So I am thinking about what's going to happen after the wipe.  A mad rush to max out the building tree so we can all spam claim towers?  Then what?

Honestly I don't know if I have the energy for it.

• Like 1

I have the same thoughts. I can't travel anywhere anymore because if I have to log off for a bit because of the existence of life outside of this game, I can't just anchor somewhere for a couple hours. On top off that I have an issue where there is a ship within my claim that I didn't claim that someone left to rot only now it doesn't rot. It's not decaying. The npc's are all gone but the planks health are the same as 5 days ago. So now I have to claim it or it will never go away. Is the objective of claiming ships to clear up shorelines, or clutter them with claimed ships or unclaimed ships that don't decay. Devs need to express their intentions so we can give feedback on what is or isn't wrong. Don't know the purpose of buoy. Just a toxic tool for toxic players imo.

4 hours ago, Olthoi said:

Also: I don't dare park a boat at somebody's claim when I am AFK, all they need to do is pick up the tower and drop a new one and they own my boat.

that's a good one...

i am pretty sure they change if after wipe, and placing a tower on a shipyard aswell