Rossco

I like the new claim system

I've read a ton of negative reviews so I though I’d share a positive experience with you all concerning the new  land claiming update.

Call me crazy, but I like the new claim system. I am a small tribe with two “active” players. We managed to get our land and harbor covered, about 1/3 Of a large island, as well as half of a smaller island we need salt for. We new that the update was coming this week so we prepped for it and were pretty successful. I think this system was actually good for small localized companies because we don’t have much land like the larger companies do so we were able to focus our efforts better. 

Players are divided into two types.

First - who claimed land, bases, some territory, even someone's stuff. They like new system.

Second - who lost all stuff, base, ships, who wasn't able to claim a land piece. Those are don't like new system.

Lol.

Edited by George Catcher

yea.. for some wipe already happened.

i can imagin why they dislike it.

if you patch on a weekday at 6 o'clock in the morning for europe without announcement it is kinds sad (thats 12 midnight and 9 evening for NA)

we call that "eat or die" here idk if that tells you something.

Edited by photek

The servers are running quiete decent because they turned off the trading logs. Why do they always add patches straight before weekend? Implement stuff... watch reviews collected during the weekend to know what to do for the next week? Latest patch should have turned off visibility of claims outside your server but that is not the case. It is still visible in the inventory map.

Even the game itself was announced at Christmas 2018... this timing seams to be favorized by Grape Shot.

As long the Towers do not give your structures any offline protection they are useless... if you do not build them your structures auto decay in 12h now. If you build them somebody destroys them and steal your base... so you have to place them in your base but than again everybody can just remove your walls like before... so back to Chucksteaks fake base and adding all stuff in hidden boxes... Armored Docks got nerfed y this decision as well...

For PVE it was a big fat toxic Dev Grief that was used/abused the moment the servers got live again. I am pretty lucky on my islands all went fine. But 3 other islands in the grid there was total abuse of it...

Biggest issue i have is armored docks looses their whole point, And that was one of the best updates this game has had. specially for lawless,small tribes,casual people,solos

Edited by hartsia
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, photek said:

we call that "eat or die" here idk if that tells you something.

We have a saying for it too, "feast or famine"

On 3/15/2021 at 12:04 AM, George Catcher said:

Players are divided into two types.

First - who claimed land, bases, some territory, even someone's stuff. They like new system.

Second - who lost all stuff, base, ships, who wasn't able to claim a land piece. Those are don't like new system.

Lol.

I suspect the thread author lives in south Burma or any other time zone where the patch droped at prime time. For me and many others is was 3:50 a.m.

• Like 1