Sign in to follow this  
Reiver Demon

An unbiased opinion - State of the game

I've enjoyed this platform since launch.  As a beta tester for most popular MMO's, I've been through a lot of radical changes.  I've only ever seen1 change that destroyed a game and that was the NGE on NOV15, 2005 for the Starwars Galaxies game.  This patch my friends, is not that bad, its just horribly executed.

I get why they did it. With the announcement that this game will solely focus on the PvP aspects of the game, there was no consideration to you PVPers being forced to watch your bases getting taken over while you suffer continuous server side buffer crashes. It sucks, but thats what happens in PvP.

I think its great they went back to the old school claiming system. this will allow more people to obtain lands. I picked up late this season and today I was able to claim 4 other companies bases. So of course I am very pleased.  I went from the poorest beach bob to king of the island. Thank you devs! This is by far the biggest Dev grief I've ever witnessed on any platform and I have been around since UO/EQ times. As beta testers they can tell you oh well but lets all be honest. This game will never see an official launch.  

Having said that I think everyone can calm down.  We wont get to enjoy this new found riches for long. They will wipe after they see how this goes on the PvP servers. just relax and go enjoy some netflix.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

This game went from hearing the waves crashing and jungle noises while enjoying all the things this game has to offer, to being stressed out (because I'll probably be the less fortunate one after the dust settles) wondering where it will be safe to go in the game once I have the ability to log back in. The introduction of the towers was not thought through from what their functions are. My ships will be vulnerable to be claimed while I sleep by whomever claimed the shoreline that I'm anchored at using the claiming buoy. After the announcement of these claiming structures in the update all the toxic possibilities started running through my head. If you play the game you would know why this will restrict game play abilities not expand. I to somewhat understand what devs are trying to do but this creates more issues than it solves. I to feel the game will never officially launch because of these tail chasing ideas. I can't logically wrap my head around why the game isn't getting tuned by fixing bugs before we move on to implementing more broken things. Spending time coding in hats for animals is like a slap in the face when there's issues with just being able to play the game. I hope I'm not coming off as hating on the game because I this game has the potential to be epic. I just feel it's being driven into ground with a pile driver of short sighted ideas, horrible execution and lack of foresight. The players are their r and d team. If you were a developer, would you treat your team like the players are getting treated? By treated I mean lack of communication and ignorance? Sorry for the rant. Just want to be heard.

P.s. I play in pve because I feel pvp to be to volatile and labor intensive, so maybe that's why my view is what it is.

Edited by Motor
  • Like 1

Just to put your mind at ease.  The ships and tames inside the claim areas I've obtained did not steal the tames.  Only the structures.  If I can get in game i will verify if structures on the ship itself were claimed but rest easy your ships and tames are still yours.  Except if they are in armored docks apparently

• Thanks 1