Sign in to follow this  
George Catcher

All we know about new Lawless.

Just wanna sum what I found so far about new lawless claims.

- New structures outside claimed zones have just 12h decay. But those built before patch - have same 10/40 days timers.

- Structures that built before towers appeared in territory goes to "claimed" state with no decay timer after tower appeared. Towers doesn't have decay timer as well.

- Some pieces that built in claimed territory and attached to claimed structures - also goes to claimed state.

- Structures that built in claimed territory and don't attached to claimed structures count as "not within claimed territory" and goes to 12h decay (this one is fixed).

- Building on claimed territory that not yours is forbidden.

zTqq51G.jpg

Now about the towers.

They are in "basic of building" skill, so no worries about extra skill point you need to spend for those.

Costs:

Imi3pIR.jpg

It fits 3x3 square (a little less).

uZ47vs3.jpg

Water one has pretty cool night texture (but flag is down even after it hit 100%)

19Qa8tT.jpg

It's not paintable, and flag also not paintable. It's white like you surrender lol : )

You can put one in unclaimed zone.

Land Tower HP is 400 000 and it start with 40 000 health,

It gains 400hp every 3 seconds. And hit 400 000 in 45 minutes. After it hit 400 000 you have your territory claimed. All buildings within your territory will be automatically claimed. 

If you destroy your tower, all building stays yours but goes to 12h decay (even those were in 10/40 days before claimed).

Water Tower HP is 500 000 and it starts with 50 000 health.

It gains 1k hp every 4 seconds after built. It claims additional territory in 30 minutes.

You can speed it up putting 200 gold every 10 seconds to raise HP by 1%.

For land tower you can speed up your building to 11 minutes 15 seconds. It'll require 13 400 golds.

For water tower you can speed up your building to 10 minutes. It'll require 12 000 golds.

-------------------

Your company have certain points for towers.

- Solo company have 70 points.

- Company of 18 ppl have 135 points.

Each tower cost 4 points in the beginning and more you put in, more points it costs (6th one cost 5 points).

You can not put 2nd land tower in claimed area:

0NCG2Uk.jpg

However you can put water tower in to land's tower area. But you can not put 2nd water tower in to 1st water tower area.

If you put your tower right next to some players area, you'll have your area cut (Sry FH... didn't mention your windmill was there):

hYbsLq2.jpg

And last thing.

I you place tower and some other player will place his tower right near your tower - they both start to gain health. The first one that hits 400 000hp, will vanish all another towers within it's radius. Caution - the capture radius is not just green/red circle visible when you place your tower. But it's around 10 meters wider. So if tower will be placed at circle border or within 10 meters from outside the border - it'll be vanished as well.

Edited by George Catcher
  • Thanks 1

I found out you cant even place them in SP and theres no check box to allow it from what i could tell, here i was thinking i'd need one cause all islands are basically lawless in SP but now i have a darn tower sitting in my small lockbox i cant refund resources on cause i cant place it. No warning about this so TY Devs, maybe not let us even build the towers in SP if you dont want us using them and fix the darn silos cause mine dont work with ships anchored near by.

Alright guys. Just bringing you the bad news.

In PVE you don't wanna park your ship in to lawless anymore. I mean outside your claimed territory.

If you park your ship near some player's water tower - all fine. Nothing will happen to your ship.

If you park your ship, and some player place his water tower after that (and he can demolish his tower and place new one) with your ship inside of this tower radius, then... well...

After 30 minutes (or earlier, if player will speed up his tower with gold), after water tower hit 100% (500 000 hp), all ships within it's radius will stays with their formal owners. BUT ALL PARTS OF SHIPS WILL BE CLAIMED! All sails, planks, ceilings, cannons, boxes, etc. Meaning the new owner can just remove some of your planks and scuttle your ship, and you won't be able to use doors, sails, wheel, etc.

MD4nM6m.jpg

Further more. In PVE after I claim all parts of the ship with tower - I can climb in to the ship and place my F1 flag...

kj5ZaOE.jpg

And in 4h 35 minutes just claim the ship.

So... let me count this one for you. With 200 gold putting in to tower by CD player can get water tower to 100% in 10 minutes. 

(it needs to gain 450 000 hp. It works 250hp/sec and with gold it adds around 500hp/sec).

So 10 minutes is your time limit. After that your ship parked near lawless shore is at huge risk. Check carefully where you wanna dig your next treasure.

91yOWd8.jpg

Edited by George Catcher
  • Haha 1

- overlaping areas, first tower that is on full health owns all structures in its radius, even if another towers radius is overlaping afterwards

this laweless parking needs to be revisited 🙂 asap

AND WIPE NOW

Edited by photek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Few suggestions from me:

1:

FruSP7K.jpg

2:

Solos doesn't need 70 points for like 13 towers. They need 20 for 5 (or even 16 for 4). I mean some might want more but don't need that many. You don't wanna start 1st season again, trust me.

3:

Make tower area circles visible from pressing "extended hud info" - it's "H" by default on PC.

4:

Give players chance to land lawless in PVE. Right now any1 can lose their ship after 10 minutes of anchoring lawless shore. Make ship unclaimable for at least half of hour or even hour. So we could go for treasures and resources.

AND WIPE NOW

Yeah. I want it soon.

towers are visible if you wanna place anyhing, like a ladder, or a waterclaimtower. at least i used that to make it visible

but the real problem i just found out

but it is so sensitive i rly dont wanna post it here

but well f it right because the sooner the wipe the better

so, i already told everyone, so dont even try to delete this grapeshot xd jk

YOU CAN PLACE A CLAIM TOWER ON A SHIPYARD AND CONTINUE CLAIMING ALL THE WATERLAND AND STEAL ALL THE SHIPS

NO LANDCLAIM NEEDED ONLY A SHIPYARD

YAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDD

so please wipe now, thank you, and good night.

gggs.jpg.7fa43df8f428f21fb0985442ab945199.jpg

Edited by photek
  • Haha 2

@photek &  @George Catcher

Guessing if the ship skeleton has that 4.5 hour claim timer on it then thats the intended mechanic for ships NOT in an Armored Dock. Perhaps they just didn't have time to finish adding the planks and other things? Maybe they overlooked it but I doubt it. That timer definitely signals the intended system to me...

When it's placed on the shipyard does it auto claim the skeleton also PHOTEK? If so, then that would be a bug or glitch for sure I'd think...

Perhaps they just didn't have time to finish adding the planks and other things? Maybe they overlooked it but I doubt it. 

I hope so. I hope they'll figure it out somehow. Until then I wont go lawless for treasure lol. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, George Catcher said:

I hope so. I hope they'll figure it out somehow. Until then I wont go lawless for treasure lol. 

The good news... You do not need to make treasure maps in this game except for leveling. But you do not need the gold and you do not need the rare Blue Prints for shipyards... common shipyard with max level 50+ is all you need...

I have now 72k gold in less than one week. 35k by trades, 32k by robbing a bank and the rest from sunken treasures, whales(for quest) and some SotD.

Edited by Nacona

. But you do not need the gold and you do not need the rare Blue Prints for shipyards... common shipyard with max level 50+ is all you need...

Yeah, I see that now. I mean, last season I was on my shipyard hunting and in 70 treasures 16+ I didn't get a single large shipyard BP. Same with speed sails btw, in like 50 lvl30+ damned galleys I didn't get a single large sail bp : )) But leveling is a question tho. I feel to get most of my needs I need to be around lvl-80. So I'll go for treasure anyway, and what's most funny (and stupid) thing here is - with current 11x11 map, the longest half atlas way leads to the only grid. This season I lived at G8 and all my 16+ maps from home leaded me to B2.

I really hope they change the claims so you cant claim a ship with these.

With that said, calling it now next wipe patch notes:

1 Settlement system has been removed

2 Lawless claim tower have been renamed 'Claim tower' and are now useable everywhere

3 We didnt actually fix any of the claim/exploits/etc found

4 Wipe!

Logged in after ~7weeks off with fresh eyes and thinking back of season 3 purchasing "the ultimate pirate experience" from the xbox store.

PvE.

Im still level 66 and have 253 HP, otherwise, I would have died of starvation about 15 minutes in, this is at the most carebear Freeport of all, Tropics.

Made some food, built a Ramshackle, crafted a smithy to check out tower info.

Squeaked into a Lawless area with planks at 700 HPs due to cyclones. Parked and repaired.

160 ping and rubberbanding.

Logged off.

🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

well i named my company Trade Route Tester and that is what i do in the game. I log in everyday and look if i make 3k or 15k gold with trades. I have two farms running and a warehouse so all i need in Atlas. The luberyard i captured is outside my warehouse area but it gathers me a galleon of wood in 7 days. In only need to transfer it with several runs on my bear to the base. I even did not build a large Shipyard yet but i have already 90k gold. Which means i searched for a spot about two weeks. Once i settle i do not have any limits. I get that much cannon balls from trading i even do not need to craft them 🙂

still dont fully understand how this system works BUT it seems to be super easy to steal anything on lawless...

what happens if you build stone walls/gates around the tower to protect it?

idk but it looks like hiding your stuff is the best way to go instead of building a big fortress...

well the tower does not give you any secure peacetime or any structure safety. So you need to build a massive base around it on PvP to make sure it will not be destroyed. If it gets destroyed somebody can place his tower and claim all structures. If you play sneaky and do not build towers you need to find very good spots for hiding chests which is obviously only deep in the water. Or you place your little lawless base on the highest pillar with puckles around and fence spam that others do not get there that easy and just think it's not worth. But there is still something in game that auto decay without tower can be reduced to 12 hours...

well i think if you just build small boxes/houses for beds out of wood/stone and spread them around nobody bothers to claim that... sure some might destroy the door and kill the bed but thats easy to rebuild... just for storage you can do the same but as said hidden somewhere for double "dodge cannons + detection" protection...