Sign in to follow this  
ATLAS

Patch 523.8 - Land Claim Changes and Other Improvements

5 hours ago, Jim said:

Has anyone confirmed whether or not these new claim towers on lawless take ownership of floating ships? 

And if yes, does it matter if it is green anchored? The patch notes only  say    "May claim Armored Docks and the ships inside them"    But people here have been talking  about using it to steal ships that are not in an armored dock.

I have two abadoned sloops in my radius and they are still belonging to old owner with all their structures. (thanks to them leaving i got a place to build a warehouse) I took over their not auto decayed silo with 3,7k gold.

I placed a water claim tower and i think that Radius is super small... every ships with standard cannons could actually hit ships in this area that are not protected(PvP). So basically you need to spam large walls and their life gets buffed by the 400k points of the claim tower. But If you place large Walls around the claim tower it is invunerable 😄 If you can't hit the tower there is no option te remove the claim... which means this is actually a invulnerable protection... only mortars would have a chance to hit the tower or grenades. You could try to build a 50-100 pieces high tower to get up there with a cannon time to shoot over the large walls... but i guess you also can place walls above that tiny tower xD... it's actually a game changer to have 100% safe base in lawless.

My biggest concern right now as i play to test the trade routes on PVE lawless... my market gathered 14k gold in 1-1/2 days up to the patch. Now i got only 3k after 24 hours of patch but still the same trades running...

Edited by Nacona

I think if you just place a 4x4 or maybe 5x5 like this and 5 pieces high around the tower you will have an invulnerable lawless base. So Devs are actually right, this tower changes lawless life on PvP and makes your bases there safe. Also you can build this around water tower and put your ships in invulnerable docks self build that do not cost any gold. Large walls actually could have a comeback in lawless areas even they have this little HP^^

Invulnerable lawless claim_3.jpg

I personally do not like to sea all that red towers through scope when gettign close to an islands... please remove this.

I also do not see the green circle when holding the "H" key. You have to carry a tower with you to see the claim radius... totally bad.

At least the green color i like and see much better than the blue of the warehouse... because you know there is everywhere blue water around a warehouse... Also why the blue warehouse circle is not showing the area after which you actually could build the next one?

warehouse_radius_3.jpg

Edited by Nacona

My thoughts about the invulnerable lawless base are actually proofed wrong. The Tower does not give any protection to your structures... so it's simply a griefing tool implemented by the Devs. Maybe it should have some Peacetime to set yourself for like 16 of 24 hours? Also amount should be reduced to maybe max. 5-10 for a company to avoid spamming lawless.

Invulnerable lawless claim_chat_Ari.JPG

You from Grapeshoot are such bunglers,

in the patch you kind of destroyed the PVE.

We are now back where we were in season 1.

With the Claimtowers you have destroyed weeks of work and efforts by many companies, the Claimtowers simply have no place in PVE. The modder team from Radioaktiv Atlas (https://radioactivegaming.eu/atlas/) shows us that there is another way, the developers of Graveshoot should get in touch with the guys and let them show them how to develop Atlas correctly and make it playable .

• Thanks 1

Greatest idea of all times, bringing those toxic claiming towers to PVE! 

but can someone answer me, how to use HALF A SHIP?!

anchored ships got claimed, but the ship does NOT belong to the claiming company, just the structures?

So nobody can now use them at all?

wasnt there an announcement that said "ships parked in an armoured dock..." .... what the hell is wrong with you to set up a patch that is NOT ready yet?

dont wanna be that player stealing other guys ship and not being able to give it back or even use it.....

Are you guys even thinking about what you are doing there? one of you programmers should start playing the shit so you could get int ouch with our problems you are causing - well like danger already told ... back to server, where modders know their game 🙂

Claim Towers are just as toxic in PVP, large clans took everything, no way to build something up in lawless as it is auto-gone 45 minutes later.

Just like in ARK

- devs start with balanced offence vs defence

- whiner troll kids start crying „raiding takes too long !“

- devs nerf walls

- whiner troll kids are not pleased

- devs implement an auto-raid-success tool (claim tower)

Maybe it is not as bad as I originally thought it was going to be. However, it is still too early to tell. Trying to be a little optimistic. I can see some pros but there are still a lot of cons to go along with it.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bold. Well done too the developers. They made a huge step towards fixing the game here.  Whether intended or not. I noticed something was working better in the first minute. It still has all the problems don't get me wrong. 

So far on pve not going to bad with the changes. I lost alot of bases so I went out and gained alot of other people's bases. Still plenty of land to go around.  Each company can only use so many towers in the whole game. Can't protect everything. So there's alot of farms up for grabs now I guess. Has balanced the game but strained it a little. Hard to explain. It seems more stable but lags more? I think this may be a big game fixer. It will destroy majority of the junk people build. 

To confirm earlier comment with my observations. The towers are not claiming boats in any way whatsoever that I've seen. Don't see many armored docks in lawless though. 

I will admit I came out on top 160k gold. I feel like a pirate for the first time since this game came out ironically.

i heard they are removing claim land flags and just going with these towers next season, and they will add protection timers as well next season guess only time will tell. i also heard through the grapevine all pillar bases will be gone next season with the new map.

Edited by lordkhan4444
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

i heard they are removing claim land flags and just going with these towers next season, and they will add protection timers as well next season guess only time will tell. i also heard through the grapevine all pillar bases will be gone next season with the new map.

that is the best they could do honestly

to the devs that will not read it anyway:

lawless got better recources and better market flow and active players! makes no sense to keep this big island claimsystem, but this would need another new map tho, or please go back to the first map, it was awesome.

there was only issues because players traveled soooo long with their ship and had nothing to do while sailing, that are still season 1 problems that have been ignored until today, add the damn flying ship or portals! (just kidding xd, would be awesome tho)

i am not even clear about your gamedesign, first you said it should be more realistic and players should be more on the water, then you implement this fake market trading system that generates gold for nonsense trades only to sink it into ships to build (i call that job creation in a bad way), and all ppl sit on their bum on an island again!

changing map to the old map again with original discoverys, speed stats on sails (all sails and yes better sails is more speed), something to do while on the ship maybe dart, or let npc drive while you are on an island?

doing nothing is always wrong, so you try stuff out, maybe you should try stuff that makes the game an experience again, and not a farmingsimulator for beeing able to sail in a shipgame.

the warehouse range is too big and farms aswell, so how about removing the range limit completely or at least 75%? we have claim towers now. (in addition: remove shore limitation, remove same island trading)

thank you for the seahorse, this was a very nice addition so ppl have something they can go for  😄

Edited by photek

there was only issues because players traveled soooo long with their ship and had nothing to do while sailing

They could easily solve this btw (I mean maybe not that easy but anyway). By just shorten water space and moving islands closer to eachother. I mean we really don't need that amount of ocean around anyway.

zQIgqbV.jpg

It also could be more fun to sail through, avoiding islands.

• Confused 1

K im grumpy about ur changes to elephant taming.....tried taming one last night with my girlfriend in player hosted world and felt like no change in distance for feeding....im tired of elephants being such a chore to tame due to their annoying spaztic head butts.

12 hours ago, George Catcher said:

They could easily solve this btw (I mean maybe not that easy but anyway). By just shorten water space and moving islands closer to eachother. I mean we really don't need that amount of ocean around anyway.

Make my day... we do not need that much Ocean 🙂

Yeah sailing on PVE is annoying... yesterday i used the complete day to check out golden age red ships BP drops and gues what... no large handling sail... one shity large speed sails... only large gun ports(green blue)... still don't want to spend 25k gold for a Brig that i do not have better BPs for... So in the evening i changed shooner for whale hunting and i got both quest done in 5 hours... because.... i saw one blue and one sperm whale(I used to kill 20-25 on a common day in Season 3 PvP to make my shooner overloaded with gold - i was that good in whale hunting(and finding them) all my mades refused to even try - but had to follow me with a brig to carry the gold) The one blue whale i found was glitched into a neutral trading island... I solved his problem xD

So George you are right... Ocean is totally empty. Floatsam have to less revenue to even change your course to get a try to hook them. Sunken Treasures as well... did not find anything valuable. But i raided one of the trading banks and got 32k gold - LOL. But i would not support your idea to make the grids smaller. There should be more loot in the Ocean to make you travel.

Funny thing about the warehouse trading: I got all 6 types of wood and 4 of thatch by trading but i get only 1 type of fibre so far. Now thanks to the new patch i have two farmhouses conected and my warhouse is now close the max capacity... my trade partners do not have enough resources to trade with me... besides i do not find anyone active anymore who is interessted in setting up effective trades.

DEVS please change that retarded 12h auto decay of structures outside the claim! Make it at least 5 days! YOu can't place a bed for fast travel because next day it's already gone again! Some players lost all farmhouses because of auto decay instead of the new claim towers. My warehouse is build in the water... I just wonder what will happen if i do not log in for 12h... it shows mee it has 10 days,... but who knows... water tower does not reach it.

Edited by Nacona

no large handling sail... one shity large speed sails...

Check PM. I might help you with these : )

But i would not support your idea to make the grids smaller. There should be more loot in the Ocean to make you travel.

Maybe not just loot. Some challenges with rewards, etc. With old map for couples times I was set my ship along the border and then went for a walk with my dogs for 40 minutes lol : )

Funny thing about the warehouse trading: I got all 6 types of wood and 4 of thatch by trading but i get only 1 type of fibre so far. Now thanks to the new patch i have two farmhouses conected and my warhouse is now close the max capacity... my trade partners do not have enough resources to trade with me... besides i do not find anyone active anymore who is interessted in setting up effective trades.

I've tried to make things work for me. What I basically done is I rebuilt my market. I captured some players windmills. I've checked what I've got with farming. Then I checked all that "lvl-30" routes guys offers for my wares and set my trading with exact they want. In some cases - there are like wetwood for gems, fibers for metal (those are trading with polar islands), saps for metal etc. 

But it didn't work for me. I'm just thinking - no one plays anymore, all waiting for wipe. Anyway so far best advise here from RANGER1K - speak to player you wanna trade with : )) I've got just 270 gold in a day and again - some cannonballs and gunpowder I didn't set for trading : )

Edited by George Catcher

On 3/12/2021 at 7:04 AM, DiseasedLeopard said:

It would be nice if tickets were actually answered and not automatically marked as "solved".

Dude you gotta let this go. It aint gunna happen. This game is not released, its in EA. Everything you are doing is testing for enjoyment. No one is checking these tickets, and frankly you shouldn't expect them too as that would likely take away from development.

To be more concise, they don't know how to fix your problem at this time, so it wouldn't do them any good to try. Your problem stems from the product being unfinished and in a state of construction.

Nobody calls the elevator repair man to come before the installation crew is done installing it.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2021 at 3:08 PM, Nat said:

I will admit I came out on top 160k gold. I feel like a pirate for the first time since this game came out ironically.

Pirate is a stretch for offline raiding people with the newest and most powerful offline raiding tool yet.

Id say a thief in the dark at best. 

• Haha 3

Exactly ! Who needs to skill in faster ship stealing for double speed ? Want a galleon in 45 minutes ? Place a claim tower... and you have your galleon ! 
plus several armored docks and more gold than in fort Knox

Edited by Dev Crusher

dont worry, they will fix this idiot ship stealing update for next season, happy they didint wipe before this update thou😂

• Haha 1

That you screw the people who play online i don't care anymore because i stopped playing there, but please stop screwing up singleplayer again you did wipe my pathfinder so i lost all i build for the fifth time you bunch of devs nubs go make an app or something else but stop working on this game, let someone else do it someone who actually plays this game someone who knows what he is doing someone who listen to his player base make polls to see of people like the ideas, so devs go away f off.

if you allow claim towers on singleplayer i can claim my buildings back becouse i dont know what you did with my character but wgen i want to log in i need to make a new one and if i log in all my buidings arew still there so please let me use the claim tower on singleplayer so i can claim my shit back...

Edited by The Max

It is truly sad where this game has gone and how much disdain the developers show for PvE players. Do they even stop to think of who might be playing PvE and enjoying the game. I have kids and we play on PvE to avoid getting our base and tames wiped by over powered companies before we can even get a start in the game. If you are a small or solo company then PvP is nearly impossible and more for those who like to flog themselves to sleep at night. PvE WAS fun until they started wiping servers on a regular basis, what is the point of playing and building up, breeding, and general character development if the devs are going to come along and wipe it all whenever they feel the need. Would love to PvP in this game but again if you are not in a large company you might as well quit before you start it's not worth it and devs could care less about player experience, we are all just test monkeys for them.

Edited by ParadoX