Sign in to follow this  
ATLAS

Patch 523.8 - Land Claim Changes and Other Improvements

@Ranger1k

- It's 400 000.

- It seems that mortar will definitely reach tower within it's radius (I'll check one later if I get 1 mortar ammo) : ))

- No tower within tower radius. So it just one.

- It fits in 3x3

What I'm curious about is - how my claimed area will look like If I place tower right near some1 else's area. Wanna check this out.

Also - what'll happen if I'm and other player will put towers near to eachother before they reach 100%?

Edited by George Catcher
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ranger1k said:

Actually, taking your point a step further, on PvE if you park your boat, disconnect, run to the store GO TO DO A MAP etc, for longer than 30 minutes I can just drop a claim on it and take it, I think...

I could even be a dick, invite ya over to do something, when you log off or get distracted demo my water claim and instantly rebuild it for 20k stealing your ship, and boot your fucking tames into the ocean..

Wow... 🤣

Sorry just thought some of ya might want me to repeat this... 🙄...just a tiny oversight in the game mechanics there...

Edited by Ranger1k
  • Haha 1

You know I... just done with test trying.

Right now game is just laggy as hell, with constant ping at 255+, freezes, disconnects. Like recently I've got this buffer overflow message, and then again right the moment I log in. And then again 3 times in a row. I've got my PC freeze two times (had to just reset it) and once after logging in I even found myself deep underground:

BHCo5wZ.jpg

The reason islands are not totally claimed is this unplayable state the game in right now. Looking forward to see some fixes.

Edited by George Catcher

Game is in sever tailspin. I was able to claim my spot and do some testing, but within this period of time, I had like 20 game freezes (where I should just switch game off by windows tack master). and more than 100 disconnects with Buffer Overflow messages. While I was testing how safe is to park my ship inside claimed territory I... just couldn't walk back to my base.

x5NvdxR.jpg

Whoooeee, this game just keeps turning into more and more of a shitshow as the devs and CMs don't listen to their players.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, George Catcher said:

Hmmm... my frist thoughts.

- The servers now in huge tailspin.

- Got crash. This one is new:

OsBBQyl.jpg

- After my tower hit 100% my computer just froze.

- Tower in basic of building. It's good in order to start again in lawless after WIPE.

Now...

- One tower has 4 points. My solo company have 70. It means I can place like 17 towers. Some dudes already doing that:

4JgCqQ9.jpg

Meaning, we going to 1st season back, where everything were overflooded by thousands of flags. The only difference - 1st season it was out of lawless and lawless was the only way to settle for small tribes. Now it's in lawless, so... If you didn't get a piece of land in the beginning, then you'll probably wont be able to settle at all.

Same as in season 1.

- Oh and... to speed it up, you can put 200 gold to get +1% Meaning to instantly get tower working you need 20K gold.

- I would say there is a good thing there... from now on - no one can secure place their farms and warehouses over the island, but... well, everyone will have towers instead.

- Oh and in PVE - you place your tower in Lawless and this territory is yours WITH NO DECAY!!!

It means if someone will claim huge zone for fun, and then drop the game, his claims will stay like... for ever. Less chance for those who just join to find a spot.

I think someone is but hurt...

Just a heads up regarding "water claims"

Even if this is patched and optimized and works as intended , it would only take about 4 minutes and 9k for somebody to demo their water claim and rebuild it, stealing another companies ship(s).

Not missing something am I?

Standing in the claim area doesn't slow the build time, right?

Let me put it another way..

Player 1 "Sea Horses for sale!"

Player 2 (noob) "I'd like to buy a Sea Horse..."

Player 1 "Ok here ya go buddy..."

Player 2 "Thanks, see ya."..."Hey what just happened...?"

** Feel free to substitute "Kill the Kraken" or "PvP against Jim Bob" in the scenario... **

The only protection would be...

1. To have a 3rd player watching the "water claim tower" like a hawk with their own tower, ready to instantly drop a defensive claim and have 9k on hand

2. Not conduct business or only do so very carefully

** Reminder Lawless Islands also pretty much surround Freeports (aka starter/noob area) **

Ya might want to reconsider making this a centerpiece mechanic, and continuing forward with a fresh start wipe, until you figure out how ya want to deal with this can of worms..

Good luck. 🙂

Edited by Ranger1k
  • Haha 1

You guys are trying to ruin and kill the game.  Right?  Riiiiight?  And entire dev team can't be this incompetent of a baffling scale, right?

Oh jeahh.... back home and my base is still my base... lucky me 🙂 Did not have connection problems but ping is 150... So build two towers for my beach and one water tower for my warehouse to make it safe on PVE that it does not get stolen. <<<<<<< [....] Everbody is spamming this towers now for that reason... nobody on PVE would need to build them actually.

Well market crashed this morning 5:00 UTC... no newer logs than those 12 hours old once... i guess all trades at that time just vanished... market shows me that there are ships out but ... no log... if i would ba an ass i would probably steal my neighbours farmhouse... he has 4 and me only 1^^ Let's be PVE Pirates 😞

Ok, just loged out of server to write here and do something else for 45 minutes until towers are up and -> game crash

Well, I enjoyed the game for several months, so I guess I should be grateful about that. This new patch has completely ruined the game for me. It makes absolutely no sense. Had to use most of our company land points just to claim farmhouses and warehouse. Now we can't even log into the game to feed our tames. Guess it's time to try Valheim. 

• Like 1

LOL, i lost everything that i have farmed and built within months just in 45 minutes to your claim towers.

Enjoy ATLAS with your beloved mega companies but without me in the future.

I have no problems with PVP, but with patches in the middle of the night destroying everything for me.

Edited by Dev Crusher
  • Sad 3

This isn't the first time that new devs have reused a piece of code that was discarded in an earlier season for good reason.

Please fix what's broken before trying to change the game.   Players are still having their players reset to level 1 and just getting into the game is often broken or unreliable.

Edited by Jim

Please do not wipe pve! I understand wiping pvp to help new players. But pve is a community that usually works together. What is the purpose of wiping pve??? 

I agree. I went to bed a beach bob and thanks to this epic new grief system I am Elon Musk rich. I found out gold stacks cap at 500k. 

all these warehouses I claimed from the 5 companies I beat to the punch, wow!  No damn way I can use all this.  I know this represents at least 20 peoples efforts and I as a solo player am eternally grateful to the Devs for providing me with this winning lottery ticket. 

i really love that I got all the player shops too. This patch is better than console codes.  I have all the best stuff so please don’t wipe it now

I've got all I wanna test about towers, and gather all in my thread.

But anyway - the last thing is about placing towers near eachother.

If you and some other players will place towers together, all towers will start to gain HP. The first one that hit 400 000 will vanish all other towers within it's radius (and 10meters outside this radius).

9 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

Just a heads up regarding "water claims"

Even if this is patched and optimized and works as intended , it would only take about 4 minutes and 9k for somebody to demo their water claim and rebuild it, stealing another companies ship(s).

Has anyone confirmed whether or not these new claim towers on lawless take ownership of floating ships? 

And if yes, does it matter if it is green anchored? The patch notes only  say    "May claim Armored Docks and the ships inside them"    But people here have been talking  about using it to steal ships that are not in an armored dock.

• Thanks 1

I see it from the positive side :

No need to feed my pets and pay my crew any longer.

No need to rebuild my warehouse every day. No need to farm gold.

No need to farm blueprints.

Playing ATLAS is pointless with that claim tower trash. Why should i build anything that is auto-lost to troll exploiters 45 minutes later ?

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Has anyone confirmed whether or not these new claim towers on lawless take ownership of floating ships? 

And if yes, does it matter if it is green anchored? The patch notes only  say    "May claim Armored Docks and the ships inside them"    But people here have been talking  about using it to steal ships that are not in an armored dock.

I read 1 thread indicating my concerns were incorrect and 1 indicating correct. I have ZERO personal knowledge and posted this as a warning.

Better safe than sorry type thing.

I would also be curious to hear multi source verification or refutation from both PvP and PvE.

Edited by Ranger1k