Sign in to follow this  
ATLAS

Patch 523.8 - Land Claim Changes and Other Improvements

Ahoy Pathfinders!

With this patch, we will be altering some mechanics and improving some features in preparation for changes to come in following patches.

Mainly, we are introducing a new claim system for all lawless regions. Find some land, stake your claim tower, and defend your territory. 

Also in this patch, a new Seahorse saddle to ease the ride on our spiny friends, buffs to our latest ships, and other QOL adjustments.

Lastly, we felt it best to provide an explanation regarding the latest server outages. Due to a read-only trigger, it seems our databases could no longer store information during the time of the incident and became desynced from the play servers. While our initial fix solved the problem on the master, the issue remained on the secondary and took a bit longer to remedy than anticipated. We apologize for any inconvenience but again, thank you all for your patience and understanding during this time.

To remedy the unfortunate side effects, we have decided that this will be the final patch before the wipe. This will allow us to work out any kinks with the new claim system before wiping.

As always, we appreciate your support and ‘til next time, may your skies be clear, waters calm, and sails full in whichever way you roam.

:anchor: Released Patch Notes :anchor:

v523.8

New System: Area Claiming
New Tower types have been added to claim land in lawless regions. Claiming gives ownership over an area, preventing any other companies from building there. A new claim also gives ownership over any buildings in its area. Destroying the tower removes the build prevention and allows anyone else to claim the area and its contents.

• The claimed area is visible on the map
  • Claim Towers may be seen through concealment with the spyglass
  • Claim Towers cost Island points, starting at 4 and maxing around 8
  • May claim Armored Docks and the ships inside them

New Structure: Land Claim Tower
This Tower must be placed on land. When first placed, it will start at 10% health, and slowly repairs itself and upon reaching 100% health will lay claim to the surrounding area of land.

• Claiming takes about 45 minutes without interference
  • Enemies may damage the claim tower while it is building to slow its progress or destroy it
  • Players may "repair" the tower for 2% health every 5 seconds (costs 100g)
  • If a competing tower is built within the radius before this tower is complete, it is immediately destroyed

New Structure: Water Claim Tower
This Tower must be placed within already-claimed water. It extends the claim radius out to sea to protect your harbors.

• Claiming takes about 30 minutes without interference
  • May be repaired like the Land Claim Tower

New Saddle: Seahorse Saddle
The Seahorse Saddle can be crafted in the Tannery after learning the Underwater Taming skill in the Beastmastery tree.

• An equipped Seahorse Saddle is now required to ride a Seahorse
  • Crafting Resources: 40 Fiber, 75 Hide, 20 Organic Paste

Majestic Kraken

• Cannon damage increased from 150% to 160%
  • Starting crew increased from 14 to 22
  • Dried Tentacle cost reduced from 75 to 50
  • Bug Fix: Deck widened on the middle level of the Majestic Kraken to cover the gap between the outer walls and deck
  • Bug Fix: Cosmetic kraken meshes should no longer disappear

Ramming Galley

• Cannon damage increased from 125% to 140%
  • Starting crew increased from 14 to 18
  • Front Castle, Rear Castle, and Gunport Railings now appear damaged when at low health
  • Bug Fix: 'Leaking' HUD text no longer appears when Gunport Railings are heavily damaged

Ships

• A Ship Respec option is now available in the ship stat menu
    • Ship Respecs costs 2,500 Gold which is consumed from the player's inventory
    • Ships can be respec’d once every 48 hours
    • A ship must be fully anchored in order to respec
  • Increased the height of the lowermost deck on the Ramming Galley and Majestic Kraken. This allows taller structures (such as the Food Larder) to be placed
  • Rope Ladders and Wall Hooks may now be placed on sails on the Ramming Galley and Majestic Kraken

Markets

• Trade preferences of other Markets can now be viewed by selecting the 'View Trade Offers' option in the settings dropdown for each available Market
  • Bug Fix: Markets can no longer be placed on ships

Tames & Creatures

• Increased feeding radius for bola entrapped Elephants
  • Crows can now equip hats
  • Bug Fix: Heavy Cyclops Helmet is now positioned correctly on Parrots

Misc

• NPCs will no longer target Grenades
  • Some Blueprint Craft Counts increased at higher quality tiers
  • The Single Player map on PC has been updated to include Sea Forts and Ship Salesman Island
  • Bug Fix: Army of the Damned Treasure Guards should no longer spawn underneath structures
  • Bug Fix: Antidote no longer disappears from the Mortar and Pestle
  • Bug Fix: Crossing grids in Single Player should no longer cause the game to crash
  • Bug Fix: Resolved issue where properties in GameUserSettings.ini were reverted to their default settings on private servers

Known Issues

• Majestic Kraken Ships obtained prior to this patch lost the blue tint on most of their pieces
  • It can be difficult for colorblind players to differentiate friendly and enemy Claim Tower icons when viewing them through the Spyglass
  • Flag on top of the Water Claim Tower doesn't raise
  • The Single Player map on Xbox has not yet been updated with Sea Forts and the Ship Salesman Island

:anchor: Final Note :anchor:

Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, meaning many things can and will likely continue to drastically change - even in the middle of development. Anything discussed is only up to date as of the moment it is posted. Features and changes that ultimately make it to the next patch, as well as timing, may be different from what was previously discussed. 

As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support! 🙂

EIIoHuGdPAsFuQ45hm38NSyGf_gERfq7Oy9hhSN3

Happy Sailing,

- ATLAS Crew

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas

Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas

Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas

Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

• Confused 1

So your going back to the early seasons part of the claim system where you can steal other players bases and now even ships.  There's a reason it was gotten rid of the first time.  I can only suspect that no notes where kept back then, that new devs can learn from. 

Edited by Jim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow only these devs would release an entirely new system to steal bases and ships at fkn 12 midnight est....on a Thursday night....

Well least we know you guys really do cater to the Chinese (prime time for them right now) r.i.p. atlas devs don't give a shit about their playerbase....Inc wipe sooner than later.

Now the game crashes when loading in. Hopefully it's just the mad scramble on claim towers. I'm cringing just thinking of the aftermath. Hopefully everyone takes this whole thing lightly. Most of all I hope the wipe comes sooner than later. I'm sure there's going to be some disgruntled players not wanting to try to start over just to have it wiped again. Some players after this will be sol. I think this was a gallant effort with horrible timing but hey, this should be fun to watch unfold. Hope the devs take notes.

3 minutes ago, hannya said:

Wow only these devs would release an entirely new system to steal bases and ships at fkn 12 midnight est....on a Thursday night....

Well least we know you guys really do cater to the Chinese (prime time for them right now) r.i.p. atlas devs don't give a shit about their playerbase....Inc wipe sooner than later.

I am with you on that. This is a bullshit add to the PvE server. What is ever worst I now get a Outgoing reliable buffer overflow and cant get in game. All my stuff is gone now. Well I think this is it for me on this game. I did like it a lot but this was the it. I am uninstalling.

What a joke. We  managed to claim our allies beds and structures they have built around our stuff. That shouldn’t happen

Edited by Ninja of Bedlam

Well that are some good and unexpected news about bug fixes that also consider the single player! Keep going Devs i like that for everbody playing this game in this mode(i don't). Bug fixes of current stuff needs to be high priority to keep players attached to the game to test the new features.

Improving of the HUD - Inventories - and market surface etc is much appreciated. Will test this after work.

Looking forward to see the feedback about the claiming towers. That feature should be tested and adjusted before the next wipe to allow fair play for the following month in the Season 6.(I know you don't like the so cald Seasons xD) Water claiming there are no real information about that? How does it work? All structures in that circle are 24/7 protected until th tower gets destroyed? That means players don't reduce the harbor building at all but they don't need pillars in the dooway - you can simply open or close the large gates - quality of life improvement for each ship about 1-2 minutes. Ships are not protected in that area? If ships are placed in armored dock does the sea tower protected it from claiming if the land tower falls? Well all for lawless where you usually don't build harbors.

Sea Horse/Dolphin of now use if they can't follow ship? Well nice to have a saddle. You may consider a water tank attachment to ships that could store two sea creatures while traveling?(like cargo attachment) (You may also add a cage for ship that could store 5-10 land tames? Yesterday i lost 4 free standing NPCs from my shooner by just driving(strong wind and wafes where unsync with the ship). I was close to lose the shooner to SotD after going off steering wheel because my bear glitched into the stearing wheel ... but i placed him in front of the ship.

precrafted ships buff i don't know if good? Never saw one of them neither played myself. Maybe somebody have feedback better than some single players youtube video? You may should be allowed to remove cannones and place blue printed once? Bugs with auto destroy after loosing ship segments got solved? Instant repair of the planks got solved?

Ships respec is a great addition to the game. Thank you for that one. I see no issues to this change.

Hats for crows... well thanks for the effort... but maybe actually wasted developers time? Fix bugs please?

You may improve the HUD and inventory - change the font to allow letters like German äöü. Several translations are not shown correctly or text is overlapping into other text. Even english version has those bugs. The translation itself is good but just shown wrong or displaced.

Edited by Nacona
  • Like 1

Ah, some love for SP in an otherwise not that important patch for us Single Players. Thank you! I know SP isn't the main focus of this game, but I really do hope that the mode won't be forgotten.

Hmmm... my frist thoughts.

- The servers now in huge tailspin.

- Got crash. This one is new:

OsBBQyl.jpg

- After my tower hit 100% my computer just froze.

- Tower in basic of building. It's good in order to start again in lawless after WIPE.

Now...

- One tower has 4 points. My solo company have 70. It means I can place like 17 towers. Some dudes already doing that:

4JgCqQ9.jpg

Meaning, we going to 1st season back, where everything were overflooded by thousands of flags. The only difference - 1st season it was out of lawless and lawless was the only way to settle for small tribes. Now it's in lawless, so... If you didn't get a piece of land in the beginning, then you'll probably wont be able to settle at all.

Same as in season 1.

- Oh and... to speed it up, you can put 200 gold to get +1% Meaning to instantly get tower working you need 20K gold.

- I would say there is a good thing there... from now on - no one can secure place their farms and warehouses over the island, but... well, everyone will have towers instead.

- Oh and in PVE - you place your tower in Lawless and this territory is yours WITH NO DECAY!!!

It means if someone will claim huge zone for fun, and then drop the game, his claims will stay like... for ever. Less chance for those who just join to find a spot.

Edited by George Catcher
  • Thanks 1

A new claim also gives ownership over any buildings in its area ==>> GG claim a base get all stuff from people disconnected  BEST THING EVER DONE To rape people stuff in a couple of minutes to destroy days of plays GG

haha one week for PVE palyers to prepare the best pirate day of their life!!! Steal the hole Atlas without one cannon shot. GG. Hopefully my tiny base is still left over in 10 hours after work xD

But my ships are not in a dock so i will have them(two sloops and a shooner).... but my tames are trapped behind an invulnerable gate. I shouldn't have closed it. Interessting who will be the new owner of my stuff.

• Sad 1

- One more thing. I'm solo and go 70 points. My neighbor have company of 18 ppl. He got 135 points. Meaning he can place like 33 tower around the map.

It's 2 hours after the patch. Things are pretty intense on some lands : ))

MSQHVJz.jpg

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

Hmmm... my frist thoughts.

- The servers now in huge tailspin.

- Got crash. This one is new:

OsBBQyl.jpg

- After my tower hit 100% my computer just froze.

- Tower in basic of building. It's good in order to start again in lawless after WIPE.

Now...

- One tower has 4 points. My solo company have 70. It means I can place like 17 towers. Some dudes already doing that:

4JgCqQ9.jpg

Meaning, we going to 1st season back, where everything were overflooded by thousands of flags. The only difference - 1st season it was out of lawless and lawless was the only way to settle for small tribes. Now it's in lawless, so... If you didn't get a piece of land in the beginning, then you'll probably wont be able to settle at all.

Same as in season 1.

- Oh and... to speed it up, you can put 200 gold to get +1% Meaning to instantly get tower working you need 20K gold.

- I would say there is a good thing there... from now on - no one can secure place their farms and warehouses over the island, but... well, everyone will have towers instead.

- Oh and in PVE - you place your tower in Lawless and this territory is yours WITH NO DECAY!!!

It means if someone will claim huge zone for fun, and then drop the game, his claims will stay like... for ever. Less chance for those who just join to find a spot.

I think the more you place the more it costs i got down about 6 and the last one took 5 points to place. Then the game suddenly imploded and I can no longer log on. What does "outgoing reliable buffer overflow" even mean? Gibberish for "no compute"?

• Thanks 1

Thank you George that you make the effort to show some details about the claim radius. How does it look in game?

Does this patch show us that all complaines in the last week were not read by the Devs in this Forums? @Gortok@Nami@Chismebeard all absence in this forum since September... Well looks like there were no complains about it in Discord so far^^ Sorry but i have to be sarcastic at this point. I'd like to get paid for testing this game further.

• Thanks 3

What I'm gathering here is that you need to place as many towers as you can before the first one hits %100 because after that happens nobody in that company can load in? Not sure. I couldn't see a radius around tower while placing. Could only see it when viewing the map. Demoed a couple trying to get my warehouse and farm in same radius. Looking forward to seeing 1/2 buildings claimed and other things that nature. 

Starting to think the crashing after the first tower was deliberate or dumb luck. Big companies' have only 45 min to claim entire islands after the first one is placed before the game crashes. I feel sorry for the guy that threw gold at it to speed it up.

Edited by Motor
  • Haha 1

Any chance somebody could post a pic of the immersion-breaking-monstrosities? Just cusious what they look like,.. guessing an obelisk or something?

thanks, developers. thanks to your fu**ing towers of control, now all my buildings are no longer mine. my only ships and animals, which I can not even feed, as they are locked in a garage, which is no longer mine. And after all, they seem to have written that the towers will not select buildings. only if the owner of the building does not enter the game for a long time, then the building will go to the owner of the tower, but they got all at once. I come in in the morning, and I can't leave my own house. from your own home !!! what nonsense? already the whole island is captured by someone. all my houses are no longer mine. all that I have been farming for a year is no longer mine. ping 255. Why do such patches without a wipe? there would be a wipe, another matter. I would take a part of the island and build there. and now I am a bum and I do not see the SMS in the game until there is a wipe. and I am sure that many will quit the game. only the happy owners of the towers will remain, who have now inherited the property of others. well, let them play with themselves. and I quit the game before the wipe.

I managed to get four towers down around my area. Here is what one looks like:

tw.jpg

• Thanks 1

My early feedback:
You cant see circles other then on map.
You see a keepout area when oyu try to place on tho.
The patchnotes ware wrong with the speedup its, 1% every ~30 seconds
You dont get any notification other then someone place a tower in generall.
Nothing when someone is claiming stuctures of you or is kinda contesting your tower.
I got one of my 5 rafts that was parket in the tiny shipyard claimed, i could not do any other interaction then unanchor and scuttle, which i did as the structures on it belonged to the new owner.
I havent seen any timer on the towers, are they static or loose hp over time?
The point system seems completely out of protion, the radius is not big, but the amount of flags to place seems high.

So they were thinking about a new claim system since november, what we got now is a bare minimum of something.

And then they say, next will be wipe? What is with working markets, tradewinds, the lag and everything else.
Did they finally found an propper angle to approach math?

• Haha 1

How does it look in game?

Like that:

uZ47vs3.jpg

This water one has pretty night textures as well. But flag always down even after it 100%

19Qa8tT.jpg

And NO PAINTING even flag. It's all white... I mean, if you somehow manage to paint your company flag in Lawless it possible be it.

One more issue this addition brings:

GRimQpk.jpg

Meaning - you go lawless for tames? Look for someones traps with unlocked gates (GUYS UNLOCK YOU TRAPS SINCE NOW PLS!!!) But the worst - if you loose your ship around lawless shore it's possible that you won't be able to find a spot for temporary shipyard to build a sloop, to carry your stuff back to base.

@Kummba @George Catcher or others..

How many HPs?

I'm assuming a mortar (maybe even a large cannon?) can still be built just outside outside the radius and easily hit it?

May as well ask, lol, can one built on a ship or in a submarine? 😂 How about on a horsecart?..Can I build a 2nd one on top of the first? Maybe a 3rd? Have them float mid-air all ridiculous maybe even crashing the server?

Looks about 8x8 size? 🙄

Just a lil bit of text spam, because we all know that as pirates we want to announce our location...

Oh last things, theres a gap between non allied claims?

Allied permission to build restrictions, on/ off toggle?

🙂 Thx

Edited by Ranger1k
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

But the worst - if you loose your ship around lawless shore it's possible that you won't be able to find a spot for temporary shipyard to build a sloop, to carry your stuff back to base.

Actually, taking your point a step further, on PvE if you park your boat, disconnect, run to the store GO TO DO A MAP etc, for longer than 30 minutes I can just drop a claim on it and take it, I think...

I could even be a dick, invite ya over to do something, when you log off or get distracted demo my water claim and instantly rebuild it for 20k stealing your ship, and boot your fucking tames into the ocean..

Wow... 🤣

Edited by Ranger1k
  • Like 1