Sign in to follow this  
Ascalon

Should I buy

I'm coming from console conan exiles games basically dead glitch trash so I'm looking for a replacement ive seen the pc version of this game looks fun but have heard alot of negative for the Xbox version id like to know is it worth it hows the player base is it buggy over all os it worth the $30 

Honestly think I answered my own question played the demo 3 hours another game with massive potential like conan thats just riddled with bugs that should of been fixed ages ago I heard on release this game had horrible lag problems and I see it still does so I wont be investing money in this game for some time to come thank God the demo was available or id of been very upset also wtf forums 21 views not a single response come on people

Edited by Ascalon

Long story short. The game is playable on Xbox One as long you don't face islands with lots of structures. A normal PvP Main Base will cause Xbox one to shut down - you can't play or if lucky you have lags about 1-2 minutes. I(PC) usually had to drive ships out and in the harbor for Xbox Players that they actually could play. We also had a small island claimed for the "Xbobs" where they could play without crash and a tiny base and no secure harbor. Maybe next Gen console have the power to play properly. I played the game more than 2k hours now for 20€ - i think it's worth it. It was sold for PC once for 3,99€. Yes there are lots of bugs but after 1 year absence the Devs are back with a tiny team but adding more new stuff than fixing the current game actually. Single player is very buged so you may play the official servers with the issue of lots of structures = crash. You will loose your ships due to icebergs that spawn in front of you or lags when hadding to islands or while grid change due to 2 mins lag while Ships of the damned attack you. 90% of the players i know started with Xbox changed to PC - most of them bought one for 700-1500€ to play this game without lags...

I recommend to get in a company with PC players. If you have crash they can carry your sleeping body out of that area or kill you on PvP if you can't reconnect. Don't know how PVE Players solve such issues.

• Like 1

I would not waste your money the developers refuse to implement updates in meaningful ways never fix bugs or problems that have been reported day 1 season 1 and lastly the game continues to break resulting in your character being lost anytime the developers push a patch. Just over all bad developers and game coding.

I believe the studio is kept on as a tax write off so they can claim to have sunk hours and large amounts of money into "developing" a game that lost money. 

Also important: Xbox Players are used to voicechat with the xbox app or xbox gamebar app windows 10. It's working very good and simple on Xbox and it's working on PC as well. BUT! Lot's of PC players face issues to get it running as intended... i myself invested 15 hours(still don't know why it worked at some point). The alternative use of Discord was bad for Xbox Players because they had to use that with their smartphone and use two headsets therefore...

• Like 1