embellish

bountiful amounts of resources

I've not dived into Atlas yet, but enjoy watching twitch streamers as of late. I see stacks of 10,000 berries.. 10,000 this that and the other of fiber, thatch, wood, stone, metal, etc. resources in such HIGH quantities seems to devalue the effort in gathering resources. is there a meaningful way to use them?

Yes and No. On PvP you need lots of Berries to feed houndreds and even thousands of NPCs daily on your ships and stationated as island defence.

On PVE you need them for same but you have much less NPCs. The hugh amount you get in the farmhouse that auto collects them and if conected it transfers to the warehouse. I usually drop them. But if you gather Berries by hand you may get about 10-20 for everytime you pick up from the ground. There are also Tames that can gather some resources faster than the player himself with his hands or tools. When I played active PvP before farmhouse was added i had to collect about 200k Berries every 4 days to feed the NPCs. I used a Giraffe for that as it could get up to 30k Berries at once.(standard stack size is only 100)

The other resources you need indeed a lot of them. If you build a Galleon you need about 100k Wood, Thatch and Fiber.

To defend a harbor on PvP with some lines of stone structures you spend easy 5 Million of stone and wood. The farmhouse took away some farming from Players but a Player can gather faster than the farmhouses. But it runs still if you are offline.

Conclusion: It's depending on the purpose you have. For some they get too much resources and can't do anything with them(PVE) while on PvP you upgrade your defence permanently and you loose ships etc. Consider a company with 50-100 players and everybody wants to have his own ship... yes you can easy do things with all those resources. And you also need to trade them to get som gold income.

• Like 1