WolfgangAbel

Ships cost gold now?

I'm just getting back into Atlas at a bad time it seems. I have to farm hella hard for mats to build a ship AND gold? As a solo this is just unrealistic for me. It already takes half a day to build a Brig and longer for a Galleon, now I have to burn a week or two getting gold to build them so they can get destroyed by bugs, frame drops, whales, or what have you in less than 15 minutes? Not to mention I'M the one building it, not an NPC? I understand this "USE THE TRADE SYSTEM" thing you're throwing at us, but where can I place a farm, warehouse, market when every island is riddled with when coast to coast? Why not have an NPC at free ports that can make higher tier ships, I.E journeyman and all that, for gold and let me build my ships for free which, you know, makes sense. Am I just tossing the gold into the ocean once the ship is completed? There's much better ways to make gold more important in the game than this. Have an actual player market where you can sell things like ship mats, cannons, tools, tames, whatever so you can bypass the building if you want and just buy it. Don't make me farm 18k gold for a brig that a stray whale is going to send into the ocean in under a minute when it takes me days to gather the gold needed, please? But I guess this will be labeled as "a lot of noise" because we all know you listen to your player base, right?

Edited by WolfgangAbel
  • Thanks 1

You are speaking about PVE. Well I tried myself for 3 weekends now. This weekend i found a players base auto decay so i settled there... farmed a lot and waited to place my warehouse and connect one farm. Today I started the market and will see after work if trades are running. I got 4k gold from a nice neighbor so i have already a Shooner and my 2 sloops are now parked forever.(yeah - now 15 knots instead of 3-5) Material for a Brig is ready but no gold. But I was able to scoop a floatsam with another 5k gold from a Brig that sunk next to my new base(and 7k Iron wood)... lucky me. Well farming so far in the neighbour grids for missing resources was nice. Will see now if the marked gives me everything and i don't need to sail anymore.

Don't be that rude... farming is 2x so we are already lucky xD Also I think i don't need Rhino, Elephant or Giraffe so time safed.

Proactively trying to kill this game for solo players?

I have played since launch day, I endured the lag, the crashes , the terrible design decisions. I just like to build ships and sail around exploring. I come back after a break to see how things have progressed and  it seems I can't even build a Schooner because I need 5K gold which is more than I have ever collected in this game. Makes no sense and kills the game, for me at least. 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 7:38 AM, Pizik said:

Proactively trying to kill this game for solo players?

I have played since launch day, I endured the lag, the crashes , the terrible design decisions. I just like to build ships and sail around exploring. I come back after a break to see how things have progressed and  it seems I can't even build a Schooner because I need 5K gold which is more than I have ever collected in this game. Makes no sense and kills the game, for me at least. 

I agree,  ive also been here since launch and put in 6k hours on official - Endured alot of BS as you would from a beta...   

There determination is to get more towards sea but with the cost of everything on the boat building side, People dont wanna sail out after they do build to lose it within 3 barrels.  if they brought the Gold cost in for ship building they should of removed barrels. (Infact they shouldnt have a barrel on board uless your throwing off the side.)  and the the NEW/OLD claim system is LOL....

Lawless????  what Lawless its now LAW lol.  No hiding away from the enemies now haha - Total BS imo

On 3/8/2021 at 6:37 PM, WolfgangAbel said:

There's much better ways to make gold more important in the game than this. Have an actual player market where you can sell things like ship mats, cannons, tools, tames, whatever so you can bypass the building if you want and just buy it. Don't make me farm 18k gold for a brig that a stray whale is going to send into the ocean in under a minute when it takes me days to gather the gold needed, please? But I guess this will be labeled as "a lot of noise" because we all know you listen to your player base, right?

There is a player market that you place at freeports.  add items sell etc etc. 😉

Edited by KillaBry