Sign in to follow this  
Staceh

trading Trading Hubs

Hi All, 

Am I being daft, are there any Market places or auction house type facilities in this game, or are we expecting them further down the line?

I Can see localized trading going on, but it would be nice to be able to take my sheep to market..

• Like 1

I think and hope this will be something that is player driven in the future.  Don't want a centralized market/auction house, but rather real physicalized regional/local shops set up by players, that kind of thing.

• Like 1

That's all well and good, how do you advertise those wares, regional hubs is not a bad idea, certain areas have certain types of resource after all.

I would suggest its all physical, in that you have to ship your goods to market to sell and not just "right click, sell on auction house" from wherever you are in the world.

Suddenly you have a real risk of  NPC's dicking you on the way to market, you'll need armed ships, you'll need security, brings a whole new aspect to the game, one I'm sure the Dev's have already considered, I just cannot find any information on it.

• Like 1

Worked well in ragnarok online, local player shops in different spots have been known to offer a specific category of items with some very crowded spots and some are kinda empty or merchants sitting in the middle of nowhere with their store selling healing stuff to adventurers.

36 minutes ago, Staceh said:

That's all well and good, how do you advertise those wares, regional hubs is not a bad idea, certain areas have certain types of resource after all.

I would suggest its all physical, in that you have to ship your goods to market to sell and not just "right click, sell on auction house" from wherever you are in the world.

Suddenly you have a real risk of  NPC's dicking you on the way to market, you'll need armed ships, you'll need security, brings a whole new aspect to the game, one I'm sure the Dev's have already considered, I just cannot find any information on it.

I think that will come in time, organically.

Once bases are established, certain outposts will become known for certain resources or high quality crafted products, and so on.

I'm all in on the physicalization of things as well. And yes, if there's an auction house, the goods need to be brought there first. 

I hope that will happen, but there is one thing involved in that that I don't have any faith in - People, for it to succeed, especially on a PVE server where I cannot stab people in the eye, there has to be a framework for trading laid down as part of the software, even EVE whilst the economy is player driven has stations and some stations have more stuff than others due to location on major trade routes, or other areas of interest.  But you can do a region wide search for prices and stock levels (Advertising) which currently could only be word of mouth for us.

Dark and Light had a good idea with their cities. I would like to see a few big cities where people can sell rare goods safely...  Maybe even a bank and some housing for rent.

• Like 1

Not hugely constructive, and totally off topic Kolonelu, could you please keep your vitriol to the many, many threads about it.

Sailing about I have seen this already starting to happen. I have run into a few "coming soon trading co" places etc.

I have also been starting to keep track of what areas are looking for what and setting up my own place in the tundra for trade (with my husband in the tropical areas), to go back and forth with goods. 

Of course, this is only in my local area (maybe 5 servers approx) because I need/want to be able to make a trip in one day.

I think there is also a trading forum?

~Samantha