Dev Crusher

Auto loss of all structures, docks and ships on tuesday ?

30 minutes ago, Ninja of Bedlam said:

@Ranger1k and @NaconaI have found you can make a nice lump of change if you set you market up correctly. I can get between 10-20k every 8 hours. Trading with 4 companies. And 5 farms connected to a warehouse. Something I have noticed is that with time if you start getting a bunch of aborted trades which results in less and less income. the best thing you can do is delete your market and rebuild it. That fixes it for me. Also when requesting trade routes try to find the ones with 8/8 or less routes. (Ex. 7/8, 6/8, 5/8 etc etc) not entirely sure of the correlation yet but think it has to do with the routes your shipment has to take to reach its destination, but that is totally speculative? If anyone knows please share your knowledge.

do not make up your mind about this broken trading system, it is not reflecting anything in future, it is just running high speed for testing, it will have limitations that are not in place yet.

atm you can abuse this system in many ways aswell. you even can fake a market for getting your trade route accepted, lawless has better market flow, and the unlimited gold is just KEKW

in the end we will trade that what we need and not that we make gold with by shipping stuff forth and back.

• Like 1

@Nacona

I repeat I never got cheated, I did rebuild it around 5 or 6 times, usually at the request of a trade partner having an issue. I usually just assumed it was background work going on by the devs. However i experimented with markets from server launch andd just happened to quit playing just before they nerfed same item trading. Worked fine for me 99% of the time. When I needed a route i just asked out loud in chat or spoke to one of my neighbors. Never did get above I think 3? active routes i think?... Maybe 4 at the end?

@Ninja of Bedlam you say your making 10-20k every 8 hours? With 1 market?

@photek showing my age lol, whats KEKW mean?

Edited by Ranger1k

@Ninja of Bedlam

Hmm guess you pretty much gave them in OP actually...

Any of you farms/ markets/ warehouse built with a blueprint?

Edited by Ranger1k

1 minute ago, Ranger1k said:

@Ninja of Bedlam

Details lol...

Lol well it’s a bit hard to explain without showing and I tried to upload a picture but it is too big to do from my phone. Basically I set up a loop of all my resources I am collecting when setting up the trade I do cotton for ANY fiber my wetwood and light wood for ANY wood, my roots for ANY thatch.  Etc etc.When I say ANY, that means I am choosing the request icon that looks like the basic resource of that item. When you do that so long as the person you are trading with doesn’t actually those basic broken down resources in their warehouse it will substitute it for whatever specific resource they do have so long as it is not the one you are sending them already. I then set up another trade of whatever resources I am getting from my trade partners back to them . Hope I explained this in a way that isn’t to confusing. Sometimes I cancel my trades if I’m not getting a lot of activity from a particular company and the tried to find a partner that I trade more with.

14 minutes ago, Ranger1k said:

@Ninja of Bedlam

Hmm guess you pretty much gave them in OP actually...

Any of you farms/ markets/ warehouse built with a blueprint?

I have a  journeyman lumberyard,  and fine quarry. Rest is common

• Thanks 2

@Ninja of Bedlam

I owned a Market and had 4 farms until about 6weeks ago in Lawless PvE . I've said it before but I think I averaged 4-6k daily. Very simple pre-patch set up. Nothing BPed, I just set it and forget it as much as possible. I know enough to understand what your explaining...

30-60k daily is insane. Last questions I can think of...

PvE or PvP? If PvP does your Company own any Control Points? Lawless or owned island?

How long has the income been so high? Did it fluctuate with the patches?

Anyone else reading this pulling in this much gold from a single Market?

1 hour ago, Ranger1k said:

@Ninja of Bedlam

I owned a Market and had 4 farms until about 6weeks ago in Lawless PvE . I've said it before but I think I averaged 4-6k daily. Very simple pre-patch set up. Nothing BPed, I just set it and forget it as much as possible. I know enough to understand what your explaining...

30-60k daily is insane. Last questions I can think of...

PvE or PvP? If PvP does your Company own any Control Points? Lawless or owned island?

How long has the income been so high? Did it fluctuate with the patches?

Anyone else reading this pulling in this much gold from a single Market?

if you rly want to put effort into an alpha trading system that makes no sense, here is how it is working atm

quick reminder this is an EA game, so things are not working as intended, some are exploitable

if this game releases, this is not the final trading system

alpha trading system:

put stuff in your warehouse you wanna trade

select your trade partners/routs that have not your resources you have

trade 1:1 only

trade stone for stone like marble for sandstone or wood for wood like softwood for strongwood

that would be it, you can stop there and make 5k a day at least

or you can push it how hard you can exploit this system

i think i am on 30k a day and i do not even give stuff into the warehouse

because i did set up trades that go in a circle, basically trading like before last patch (trading sandstone for sandstone),

i also do 3 different wood types and stone types, not only 2, and i have 4-8 active trading routs (stone wood thatch 1:1)

you just need the ppl that are doing the same

and since it is working only that way, sooner or later you notice that by yourself

you generate gold by nonsense trades

you can trade forth and back with the same ppl aswell wich is stupid

so i trade off my sandstone for marble and i receive marble, then i trade the marble for sandstone that is on my grid anyway (no need farmhouses), then it repeats, i added granite into the circle, so granite for marble and sandstone, marble for sandstone and granite and sandstone for marble and sandstone.

same you can do with the wood types and thatch, flint is an alternative

trades are high speed and automatic at the moment, wich will change

i would not want to develop such a trading system.. a pain i can imagine...

but with limits and balance it could be kinda working like that, limit forth and back trading, limit same server/island and alliance trading (exploiting) and the auto trading will be off by then anyway. no gold rewards if trading with the same person over and over again maybe aswell in the end...

maybe this system changes and is based more on resources rather than gold.

trading wood for gold is not bad either.

for spreading resources tho, this would be the better system (the currently active one)

Edited by photek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any news when they drop the ULTIMATE SOLO DOOM patch ?

At the moment i just feed the pets, npcs and armored docks. 

I feed them for the noob with the claim tower who will take all of my stuff 45 minutes after patch drop....

I can already hear the laughter of all these exploiter kiddies just waiting for the moment.

Edited by Dev Crusher
  • Like 1

Thanks for this infos. It's basically what i discovered yesterday evening so far. Until 17.30 i had gained another 51 gold but than two markets accepted that fit to my trades. Both run permanent trades about 10-17 ships at distance 30.00/20.00 (me H7 to H9/G8) so i trade sand stone for their marmor and we trade it back. Same with wood and thatch. Metal is not running that well... i get much iron but there is actually nobody buying all that iron i receive. My warehouse feels a little like it's complete empty(start with 30k of each). But good news is that all trades are actually 1:1 so i don't get cheated on PVE so far. And i earn of course the special event resources like gems or cannon balls or parrot eggs. So far to 5.30 in the morning i made over 4k gold now. Just need somebody with a trade for honey/any suggar/crystal because i don't have that myself.

So if i have like 3-4 good trade partners i should just reject all other 90 trade offers i send to markets?

Conclusion: The system is actually set to be exploited to generate enough gold to sink it into ships but still reduces the amount of starter ships. ALso no need to fix treasure maps or sunken ships as nobody does anymore^^. Well you could say just remove gold costs for ships and don't generate gold with trade loops. So far it does not look like established companys have les ship than before(just need some days more to get the gold). I saw one PVE island one compnay had like 15 transport galleons... wtf...

38 minutes ago, Dev Crusher said:

Any news when they drop the ULTIMATE SOLO DOOM patch ?

At the moment i just feed the pets, npcs and armored docks. 

I feed them for the noob with the claim tower who will take all of my stuff 45 minutes after patch drop....

I can already hear the laughter of all these exploiter kiddies just waiting for the moment.

So far not. Well it would be something to laugh about. At least for me... i have only a small base, a warehouse, a market and a farmhouse + tamed 3 baers. Nothing to worry about if somebody needs to steal it. I have done my testings of the market so far. It's quite boring... i wait for gold to build a brig... i wait for resources gathered by farmhouse... i slow the farmhouse to 0.6 efficience to look if it runs now more than 6 hours(or even less). I don't need tames more than a bear. I don't need to gather resources from other grids and transport them with my sloop LULZ. I don't want to drive a sloop with 3-5 knots. I can't hunt SotD. I don't need to make treasures.... again 3-5 knots.

@Ranger1k we are on pvp NA lawless, with no control points. I have noticed some trades seem to degrade the longer they go on so I have to cancel those that start underperforming and find new ones that are more successful. About every 3-4 days I notice a decrease in income and have to adjust for it

• Thanks 1

@Nacona

Bunch of copper nodes got switched to iron a few weeks back. Not sure of the exact details but thats why your getting stuck w iron.

trade stone for stone like marble for sandstone or wood for wood like softwood for strongwood

That's what I did.  I set 1x1 wood for wood, thatches for thatches, fibers for fibers, and stones for stones.

With full set of trading routes (and I'm updating them every time) I'm getting 200 gold one day then no gold for week. Also I'm getting some alloys, gems, gunpowder, eggs and cannonballs in return, and I have NO IDEA why my warehouse getting those lol : )))

Edited by George Catcher

@George Catcher

1. Your a bit vague on the details, also I'm not sure I can explain it any better.

2. Tried just demo the market and replacing it?

3. UI used to list around 20-40 ships on each active trade route, dunno if that helps

4. Are you actively speaking w your trade partners? I actively spoke w 3 of my 4 trading partners in chat and we would all usually demo and replace our markets and configure our trades together one at a time when things were glitchy.

5. Also as long as my money was coming in I didn't touch it, like at all. Treated it like fine china.

Hopefully info helps, good luck

Edited by Ranger1k
  • Thanks 1

1. Your a bit vague on the details, also I'm not sure I can explain it any better.

Yeah... I guess I'll wait what new patch brings, then will try to figure it out.

@Nacona

I had a .6 efficiency farmhouse, just as a coincidence, NOT on purpose, but just from rushing to squeeze 3 or 4 farmhouses near my warehouse a few hours after a wipe.

Don't know if the efficiency was due to it being too close to another farmhouse, or because it didn't collect any wood, or because it was too close to the warehouse/ market. I think it was because it was too close to the warehouse because it was the closest and no other farmhouse had lowered efficiency. Anyway MAIN point was that the farmhouse was still buggy. Used to randomly shut off almost everyday. Sidenote coal used to be the best fuel.

@George Catcher

2 hours ago, George Catcher said:

Yeah... I guess I'll wait what new patch brings, then will try to figure it out.

I actually feel bad. Maybe I was a bit rough on them in that last Announcement. Dunno.

Yea I don't know some locations may just be glitchy for Markets for some reason that I am unaware of. I only have a small sample size.

Edited by Ranger1k
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Nacona said:

Thanks for this infos. It's basically what i discovered yesterday evening so far. Until 17.30 i had gained another 51 gold but than two markets accepted that fit to my trades. Both run permanent trades about 10-17 ships at distance 30.00/20.00 (me H7 to H9/G8) so i trade sand stone for their marmor and we trade it back. Same with wood and thatch. Metal is not running that well... i get much iron but there is actually nobody buying all that iron i receive. My warehouse feels a little like it's complete empty(start with 30k of each). But good news is that all trades are actually 1:1 so i don't get cheated on PVE so far. And i earn of course the special event resources like gems or cannon balls or parrot eggs. So far to 5.30 in the morning i made over 4k gold now. Just need somebody with a trade for honey/any suggar/crystal because i don't have that myself.

So if i have like 3-4 good trade partners i should just reject all other 90 trade offers i send to markets?

Conclusion: The system is actually set to be exploited to generate enough gold to sink it into ships but still reduces the amount of starter ships. ALso no need to fix treasure maps or sunken ships as nobody does anymore^^. Well you could say just remove gold costs for ships and don't generate gold with trade loops. So far it does not look like established companys have les ship than before(just need some days more to get the gold). I saw one PVE island one compnay had like 15 transport galleons... wtf...

stone wood thatch runns best

fiber for fiber was working aswell

and here we have the problem with the honey crystal trades...

you can offer it, but the problem is to guess what it goes form is it wood is it gems is it iron, basically if you have a trade partner that has honey or crystal in the list you can try to make trades that trade fiber for honey or fiber for crystal

this is based on that fact that in crystal areas is no fiber but crystal and gems

but you can try every recource, you see instantly if it is working or not in the log.

only accepted markets have a flow, ofc you can cancel or delete the other routs

btw you can watch what your trade partner offers by revisiting the traderouts and look for your trade partner, over time some ppl offer more, you just have to guess or try what they want for it

they have to be active tho

and in laweless there is a great market flow but on claimed islands there is a rly bad one, idk maybe they don't need gold xd

i think veryone that has a claimed island also playes on laweless anyway

4 hours ago, George Catcher said:

i think you need new trade routes

• Like 1

18 hours ago, George Catcher said:

That's what I did.  I set 1x1 wood for wood, thatches for thatches, fibers for fibers, and stones for stones.

With full set of trading routes (and I'm updating them every time) I'm getting 200 gold one day then no gold for week. Also I'm getting some alloys, gems, gunpowder, eggs and cannonballs in return, and I have NO IDEA why my warehouse getting those lol : )))

Well i get now over 13k gold in two days with 3 active routes of distance 30.00 which have all permanently 8-17 ships running. Keep updating your routes and hope you get one active player to trade with you. Or you may need to replace your market. If you only trade with your own islands markets you may get only 0 gold? You get cannon balls, gun powder, parrot eggs, wood, alloy and gem from events during the ships movement. Maybe your warehouse is unlocked and somebody stealing your gold?

At H7 cold region there is all around cotton so nobody is really trading fibre... i only get hemp sometimes. Would be nice if the events would give me some sugar or crystal as well. I now have 40 parrot eggs... but get lots of iron and dark wood so far and have no 5 gems so easy submarine(after powerstones^^). Also events do not drop fibre or thatch. My issue is that i have lots of opal - gem nearby but can't place a farmhouse there due to worse terrain angle and other players farmhouse distance. I thin i could trade opal vs crystal next to me if i had opal^^

If i delete trade routes that did not get accepted so far i can't request them again?

Edited by Nacona
  • Thanks 1

Well, as i told you all of my ships, bases and tames are gone to a noob with a claim tower. 

Playing the game in its current state is pointless.

Everyone has „game over“ exactly in the moment when a naked noob with a claim tower passes by, taking everything that you have build up in month. He just needs 45 minutes to do so.

A joke !

Funny, now players start to realise how bad the claim tower patch is.

It is the one and only interesting topic at the moment. If the devs dont take it back no one will play Atlas any longer, thats absolutely clear.

Its a pitty, Atlas was on the road to get players back, in my grid i had 15-20 players in the evening, last season it was 2-4.

Now some madman lead designer just killed the game.