Dev Crusher

Auto loss of all structures, docks and ships on tuesday ?

Dear Devs,

i work in a normal job the whole day. How can i compete in placing a claim tower with homeschooling 24/7 Corona kiddies ?

So what you tell me is that i automatically have lost absolutely everything 45 minutes after your patch jumps in just because i am one of the stupid people who work for the taxes ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dev Crusher said:

Dear Devs,

i work in a normal job the whole day. How can i compete in placing a claim tower with homeschooling 24/7 Corona kiddies ?

So what you tell me is that i automatically have lost absolutely everything 45 minutes after your patch jumps in just because i am one of the stupid people who work for the taxes ?

Probably. Or probably not. Devs have already said we aren’t real players and they don’t really care of about pve. So you’ll either be wiped with no warning like the last two times. Or your bases will be someone else’s. If that happens look me up if you want to keep playing I’ll resupply you. Least us old codgers, the non existent pve players can do for each other. 

More then devs have done for us. 

g

• Like 1

Yes i play PVP official, but exactly this will happen on tuesdays (obvious to everyone above gorilla IQ) :

a) naked jobless 24/7 noob is passing by

b) naked noob sees a bunch of armored docks, galleons and a huge superfortress

c) naked noobs builds a claim tower

d) Tatatata... 45 minutes later noob owns a fleet of galleons, several armored docks, a huge superfortess and close to a million gold

Edited by Dev Crusher
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

@Dev Crusher

😂

I'm not laughing at you getting fucked over, I'm laughing because sometimes its the one of the only logical responses, besides anger or ignoring, to an absurd situation

Maybe you could try...

a. Taking the day off

b. Putting an NPC on the steering wheel with a percentage of your wealth on the boat. Set that boat on a straight course hugging a grid line. Its my understanding that when you get booted the NPC will keep sailing until you log back in, syncing the accounts. Run a test with a sloop... However when the server reboots your sails will probably drop so I'm not sure this will work.

c. Any boats you have with high resistance park them at a Freeport with your most valuable shit on it. Be sure the resistance is 200%-300%. My understanding is that will give you between 14 to 24 hours to get situated.

I realize even if you get a tower built the person passing by will just have to destroy it, then begin the process you described, so please don't shoot the messenger 🙂. Hopefully I've stimulated some thought about solutions and perhaps another forum member can add more.

Good luck my friend

Edited by Ranger1k

2 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

@Grayson

He plays PvP, nice of ya to extend a hand though.

🙂

Ahhhh at least you guys have some warning of some sort.  Us lowly PVE's will either have something on tuesday or nothing. but goes for anyone that looses stuff on PVE as well should it happen

G

@Grayson & @lordkhan4444

Gave the devs about 4 posts of well deserved ridicule under Announcements

On the 6th I pointed out important questions like yours Khan..

11 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

maybe these towers will have amoured dock kind of HP on them?

😂

🤦‍♂️

Good luck y'all

Edited by Ranger1k

Well, for one, if you put an NPC on the wheel and log off as suggested earlier in the thread your sails will close. You gotta have a player logged in on the boat.

Second, I suspect(not 100%) that an NPC will contest the claim just like a flag. So if you put an NPC in the boat it should be safe.

Theres a lot of questions about the upcoming patch. We'll have to wait and see.

@Myrmidon

Never personally used an NPC to steer my ship but Ive heard from multiple credible sources if you DISCONNECT, not log off, I repeat DISCONNECT, the NPC will continue sailing until the HOST TIME OUT is resolved.

Can anyone corroborate or correct me on this who is specifically experienced and familiar with the nuances of having an NPC steer?

After a lot of trolls, megas etc. will capture all small companies properties, devs will have their QnA, with: "We have a lot of feedback from lone wolves, about they loosing all! We looking for solution". And things will stay as is for next months or even years : )

• Haha 3

so... You live in lawless and can get wiped at any time with ease losing everything in less then 45mins anyway...
And now the world ends because they not just have to bring in a cannon cart, but likely shit tons of resources to build the tower before you do...?!?!
In the end you lose your shit anyway... if you are stupid enough to leave your important stuff in lawless in the first place...
Yeah the 'claiming ships' (and the docks) thing is no good... they should not start that feature on patch day... introduce it a week later, so everyone can rearrange their setup... to protect against it...

BUT... this is a patch day problem... because if it not happens to you on patch drop ( maybe because you get your shit out for the day to hidden base or FP) you will build your own tower and hopefully will be WAY MORE protected in lawless as before the patch...

The real question on which I have not seen an answer yet (link?) is what happens on day two after the patch?
How does the claim tower work?
Costs?
How do you 'unclaim' it?
Will it be a time thing with contesting like the normal flags?
Or will it be a million HP that have to be destroyed (like the docks)?
How long is peace time in the claim?
Is there enemy build protection in it (so we save on the shitty turf spam)?
Will your claim area get smaller when someone places his tower outside your claim (like it did in S1) and nibbles on our claim and stuff in it?
Maybe there is a bigger area around it where you cannot place another tower (like with warehouses and farms right now)?

That are the more important questions... because if you get claim wiped on patch day in your till now always wipe-able lawless base or not...
You will have to change / rebuild your setup in lawless to get same/way better protection IN THE LONG RUN...

• Confused 1

@Sheepshooter

You are completely wrong ! By now my ships are „quite“ safe in the armored docks... as long as i do not tease a really strong clan.

But small teenage death squads dont touch the docks, it is by far too much work for these pew pew kids.

For my bases.. hmm lets say, i found a way to handle the teenage boys 😝

My warehouse is raided every 2-3 days, yes, but who cares. 

BUT, if someone places a claim tower on tuesday i can do absolutely nothing when i come home from work. Nothing but watching my former fleet and base.

• Thanks 1

@Sheepshooter

The fact that the DEVs provided ZERO fundamental info is grossly irresponsible. I think we more or less agree on that... Right? Also you and @Pant bring up a valid point when you state Lawless bases were already wipeable in less than 45 minutes theoretically. However...

1. Going from RAIDABLE to CLAIMABLE is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SITUATION. Apples vs oranges..

2. As @George Catcher sort of alluded to, why drop this JUST in Lawless? How is that playerbase any different than an island owner? 9 hours a day they're theoreticaly wipeable in 45 minutes also.. If they're going to shit out something like this then do it to the fuggin island owners also.. Otherwise it makes the patch lopsided in favor of Megas AND people who find this timeframe convenient to play. This is an irrefutable fact.

If the players on Lawless suddenly need to build a tower and work all of their possessions into some defined radius, then why shouldn't island owners be subjected to the same sudden twist also? It's acceptable to suddenly and VERY VAGUELY change the rules for Lawless players but Island owners are off limits? Thats a simple, steaming pile of horseshit.

Good Luck y'all

Edited by Ranger1k
  • Like 1

Probably because lawless is a shithole and the devs are trying to give people a reason to live there.

@Pant & @Sheepshooter

22 hours ago, Pant said:

Probably because lawless is a shithole and the devs are trying to give people a reason to live there.

Can't speak for PvP but on PvE probably ~70% of the active player base lives in lawless.

EVERY tile i sailed through that was claimable almost always had 1 or 2 players in it. (this icluded me lol)

EVERY Lawless tile I sailed through usually had 10+ players in it. Pretty lopsided numbers if its the "shithole" you described in your other post.

So I'm thinking your referring to PvP-Lawless right? Could you explain how towers would make it any less of a "shithole"?

How would a tower deter a Mega from using the bases as target practice? Even w a peace phase and 3million Hps, unless the radius is large enough to exclude mortars (doubtful), whats to stop a large Company from chipping towards the tower with cannon horses and destroying it, then erecting a tower and claiming everything?

When the Mega Companies, who already have ENTIRE GRIDS secured, get their foothold on the Lawless Island, what mechanic will stop them from grinding all the other residents into oblivion? Unless I'm missing something they can still spam shipyards and walls around the radius of the claim. Then as soon as the claim owner logs in and ventures out of this "theoretical-safe-space" whats going to stop griefing them into oblivion?

You know 75% of hardcore players have alts right? Even requiring island points won't provide a deterrent.

I wish ill upon NOONE, devs, Megas, or any other human, including  you guys, but I fail to see how this isn't a death sentence for 90% of PvP Lawless unless they're affiliated with a Mega.  Zero proof to the contrary has been provided to reach any other conclusion.

Hopefully I'm wildly mistaken and this is a genuine game improvement, but right now, I don't see it..

Edited by Ranger1k

1 hour ago, Ranger1k said:

@Pant & @Sheepshooter

Can't speak for PvP but on PvE probably ~70% of the active player base lives in lawless.

EVERY tile i sailed through that was claimable almost always had 1 or 2 players in it. (this icluded me lol)

EVERY Lawless tile I sailed through usually had 10+ players in it. Pretty lopsided numbers if its the "shithole" you described in your other post.

So I'm thinking your referring to PvP-Lawless right? Could you explain how towers would make it any less of a "shithole"?

How would a tower deter a Mega from using the bases as target practice? Even w a peace phase and 3million Hps, unless the radius is large enough to exclude mortars (doubtful), whats to stop a large Company from chipping towards the tower with cannon horses and destroying it, then erecting a tower and claiming everything?

When the Mega Companies, who already have ENTIRE GRIDS secured, get their foothold on the Lawless Island, what mechanic will stop them from grinding all the other residents into oblivion? Unless I'm missing something they can still spam shipyards and walls around the radius of the claim. Then as soon as the claim owner logs in and ventures out of this "theoretical-safe-space" whats going to stop griefing them into oblivion?

You know 75% of hardcore players have alts right? Even requiring island points won't provide a deterrent.

I wish ill upon NOONE, devs, Megas, or any other human, including  you guys, but I fail to see how this isn't a death sentence for 90% of PvP Lawless unless they're affiliated with a Mega.  Zero proof to the contrary has been provided to reach any other conclusion.

Hopefully I'm wildly mistaken and this is a genuine game improvement, but right now, I don't see it..

Theres no passive defence in this game that will stop an attacker, the only way you can protect your base is if you are online. Its a hell of a lot easier to be online when the combat timer is 9 hours and not 24 hours. If you live on lawless you are just asking to get offline raided. Its an absolute shit hole, 95% of the structures are just abandoned bases full of holes... When I do treasure maps I always try to just do lawless islands because i know theres fuck all there and i don't have to worry about the map being inside some building I can't get to.

Megas don't care about lawless... why would they?  Why would a mega spend resources and time to claim lawless bobs beach shack? If you took 20 people to lawless how long do you think people will find it fun to 20v1 a lawless bob or shooting empty structures? 

Theres nothing you have posted that megas can't do this right now. Raiding lawless in the current system is laughbly easy. You don't even have to sail there, just spawn over, empty a farmhouse and 10 minutes later you have a cannon. The most time consuming thing in this whole process is waiting on the cannon timer... 

Afaik they haven't even released any details on the tower. If they add peace timers to it, i can see how it would be better. With trade routes a claimable island practically pays for itself and theres like 2 islands for every active player right now. I see no reason to live on lawless what so ever.

@Pant

1. Lawless has better resources. Fact stated by the devs when they introduced this new map.

2. They're closer to GA. Again deliberate design stated by devs, fact.

3. If, big if, the tower has a peace timer you don't think this will put Lawless on more powerful companies radar?

4. Also, more bases equals more trade which equals more gold, correct? This would also provide incentive to gobble the land up.

Final thing, it's not just about beach bobs shack, its about territory and power. I'm not talking about 20v1 griefing (actually this game is so imbalanced that its usually reversed, 1 person griefing 5-10, if you don't believe me go read the Q&A section again, THE DEVS CORROBORATE IT)

You see no reason to live on Lawless whatsoever, yet many people do because it's their only option.. or they don't want to play YOUR way... or they just want to small tribe it... the list goes on and on... You say for EVERY PLAYER theres TWO UNCLAIMED ISLANDS AVAILBLE on NA PVP?  Sure... 👌

1 hour ago, Pant said:

theres like 2 islands for every active player right now. I see no reason to live on lawless what so ever.

I find that hard to believe.

Have a good day Pant.

Edited by Ranger1k

12 minutes ago, Ranger1k said:     1. Lawless has better resources. Fact stated by the devs when they introduced this new map.

1. Lawless has better resources. Fact stated by the devs when they introduced this new map.

They spawn faster, but whats the point of that when your resources come from the farmhouses anyways? And what use are resources any idiot with a cannon can steal from you whenever you log off?

12 minutes ago, Ranger1k said:

2. They're closer to GA. Again deliberate design stated by devs, fact.

The only reason i need to be close to GA is to farm blueprints and why would i store that in a place anyone can steal them... Not to mention a bp boat even in an armored dock would 100% be sunk overnight. Making farming the bps in the first place a complete waste of time...

3. If, big if, the tower has a peace timer you don't think this will put Lawless on more powerful companies radar?

Might use it for outposts, dont think they will live there no, its way harder to prevent griefing when anyone can fast travel there and spawn without a bed.

4. Also, more bases equals more trade which equals more gold, correct? This would also provide incentive to gobble the land up.

Theres a limit to trade routes so no and storing gold on lawless is a bad idea for obvious reasons.

45 minutes ago, Ranger1k said:

Final thing, it's not just about beach bobs shack, its about territory and power. 

The only territory thats even worth fighting over is the Iron wood island. If the devs actually limited the rare resources and made them worth fighting over you might be right. But they haven't... 90% of the wars is just people attacking people they don't like because of something that happened 3 seasons ago.

@Pant

1. False

2. Who says they have to store them there?

3. Fast travel into puckle spam?...

4. Your ignoring alternate accounts. Also see rebuttal #2

Your closing statement is a broad generalization (a pattern of yours) and is derived from the 4 erroneous points listed above.

I'll try this again. Goodbye Pant.

Edited by Ranger1k
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

@Pant

1. False

2. Who says they have to store them there?

3. Fast travel into puckle spam?...

4. Your ignoring alternate accounts. Also see rebuttal #2

2. Then whats the point of being close to the GA, if you're not going to store it there you have to sail somewhere else to store it..

3. How are you going to pay to pay and feed the puckles npcs without a flag? It would be a full time job to keep the puckles up.

4. Yea I am ignoring a lot of things, your lack of experience on the subject for one...

1 hour ago, Pant said:

2. Then whats the point of being close to the GA, if you're not going to store it there you have to sail somewhere else to store it..

3. How are you going to pay to pay and feed the puckles npcs without a flag? It would be a full time job to keep the puckles up.

4. Yea I am ignoring a lot of things, your lack of experience on the subject for one...

2. I think Devs intended that the larger islands and more resources and short distance would get the Megas there with 24/7 combat. But they are prooved wrong because Megas enjoy peactime as well. The Megas had to adjust to the less good islands to claim with good harbor bays and decend resources. There are lots of claimable islands that where useless on Maelstorm until added armored docks.

3. You can feed and pay NPCs on lawless with a silo. You do not need the flag therefore. Also costs are decreased heavily compared to Season 3 for example. So you could  build a PvP base on a lawless pillar(mountain) which is pretty safe from the 1-5 players groups looking around for offline raiding. But you can't protect your warehouse and farmhouses from being destroyed every couple days.

So yes, Megas could go Lawless but they don't need to and stay with the safe peacetime. Only issue of this map design ist that Sea Battle focus is turned to GA and all the high level ships pass by the lawless where small players want to start.

The Devs should play the game and visit the different servers and islands, make some pictures of how players build the islands to protect themselfes. Even better would be if the Devs would speak ingame to the Island owners to ask them why they do things. 1-2 weeks like this and Devs may get a plan how to improve the game.

I just settled on a lawless island with 4 types of Metall you can farm there! Is this still a bug from the Maelstorm map adjustmend?

• Thanks 1

@Nacona

Regarding the 4 metals on 1 island it's probably not a bug. The devs stated when they built this new map that Lawless is designed to have better and more diverse resource spawns. More risk = more reward type thing. Anyone who doesn't believe me can go look it up from when the map got released.

@Pant

If I lack experience you lack intelligence...

Having a dicussion with you @Pant is like trying to write with a broken pencil, it's pointless.

Have a good day bud.

Edited by Ranger1k

3 hours ago, Nacona said:

2. I think Devs intended that the larger islands and more resources and short distance would get the Megas there with 24/7 combat. But they are prooved wrong because Megas enjoy peactime as well. The Megas had to adjust to the less good islands to claim with good harbor bays and decend resources. There are lots of claimable islands that where useless on Maelstorm until added armored docks.

3. You can feed and pay NPCs on lawless with a silo. You do not need the flag therefore. Also costs are decreased heavily compared to Season 3 for example. So you could  build a PvP base on a lawless pillar(mountain) which is pretty safe from the 1-5 players groups looking around for offline raiding. But you can't protect your warehouse and farmhouses from being destroyed every couple days.

So yes, Megas could go Lawless but they don't need to and stay with the safe peacetime. Only issue of this map design ist that Sea Battle focus is turned to GA and all the high level ships pass by the lawless where small players want to start.

The Devs should play the game and visit the different servers and islands, make some pictures of how players build the islands to protect themselfes. Even better would be if the Devs would speak ingame to the Island owners to ask them why they do things. 1-2 weeks like this and Devs may get a plan how to improve the game.

I just settled on a lawless island with 4 types of Metall you can farm there! Is this still a bug from the Maelstorm map adjustmend?

2. Yea I think that was their intention aswell, but resources are to abundent. The only resource islands I have ever fought over is the Iron wood islands. If they limited more of the rare resources to a few islands I think that could be a good source for conflict.

3. You can put a silo on lawless? Didn't know that and that covers the whole island? You would still be open to get offline raided by a drake and its not a long flight from the GA islands to lawless.

I think the devs have done very little research before they started implementing changes. The barrel changes pretty much botched last season and the start of this one.