ATLAS

Q&A With the Devs - Ask a Pirate Day #8

12 hours ago, Unspoken said:

In the Q&A that they released last week they said "early next week" 

Unfortunately an office calendar was not in the budget this year so they completely forgot what day of the week it is...

• Haha 1

Складывается впечатление, что разработчики работают над нейронной сетью, которая в свою очередь делает игру. Иначе не объяснить отсутствие логики в построении механики захвата с помощью башен. Такое не придумает даже трёхлетний дебил, только кривая нейронная сеть на такое способна. 

It seems that the developers are working on a neural network, which in turn makes the game. Otherwise, you can not explain the lack of logic in the construction of the mechanics of capture with the help of towers. Even a three-year-old moron can't think of such a thing, only a curved neural network can do it.

I think leveling should be fairly early, but love the idea of additional levels being available for doing harder or interesting interactions. Such as new quests to add to level cap. A larger variety of new quests with various rewards would add to content. 

Boss fights should offer more continued rewards, instead of just a one time unlock with no reason to repeat. More loot options and less xp rewards for boss fights, etc. We love loot and blueprints. Make these more lucrative for doing the work. It is a problem in most games, that by the time you are strong enough to fight for loot/chests, you can already craft items of similar quality, than what is found. You have a great system with the blueprints having limited crafts available and I like that you are raising that a bit on higher quality ones.

I think the land claim for lawless could be a great thing, depending on the parameters and details. Especially for those of us that have been griefed by people building right inside our base next to our homes. But I am shocked that it was implemented without a wipe. Someone beat us online, so now Im locked in my house that someone else owns. Yikes guys, what were you thinking?? We take pride in our builds, and now someone elses company name is on all of our builds. Unbelievable.

Edited by GamerGirlStatus

On 3/8/2021 at 10:03 AM, Chucksteak said:

I am a solo and you are clearly in a mega company. Likely abusing several thing as megas are wont to do. Since you seem to be speaking for me, let me help you out on some details.

For starters you are wrong. I can prove it very easily. Most megas are currently full roster. Meaning there is no issue inviting people currently. Certainly not to the point where you have trouble maxing out membership. When you say "Literally NEVER going invite new players able to come in and scuttle all the boats in the harbor." You are "Literally" wrong.

The main #1 reason we do not want to be in a mega is because of what you are advocating for more of here. WE DO NOT WANT A FUCKING DICTATOR WHEN WE PLAY A GAME.

You want to lock me out of more things after you invite me to your company? Oh YOU can say what boat I sail. YOU can say when and where I can build. You can say what doors I can and cant use. YOU CAN GO FUCK YOURSELF IS WHAT YOU CAN DO! At least with that I must own you view. 

Your idea would make people leave your precious mega more than it would attract anyone of use to your cause.

You want the solo players to join bigger companies? Take away the threat of restricting our in game access. All doors, boxes, buildings, boats should be unlocked to every company member 110%. Basically, everything I can do as a solo I should still be able to do as a member of a company. Else why would I join people and lose content? Do I look like a slave? Do you want to be a slave?

I'm not trying to be a dick. Would you join my company if I told you everything you could and couldn't do? If I had 200 people and said hey, "this is your schooner, there are many like it but this one is yours." I believe you would tell me to go fuck myself.

I'm just saying, please don't be so attached to your fake shit I game that you want to oppress people to get your jollys off.

Knowing full well you were all 100+ against 50s-80s, you took 200 people to fight 35? Well, I guess I hope it was a rewarding experience. Megas sure sound like a blast.

One, Youre a imbecile. You make a assumption we abuse things? Why? Do you know me? Obviously not if this is your assumption.
Im sorry if being locked out Scuttling some one harbors and all thier boat is on youre agenda and not being able to is "MORE CONTROL"
You as a solo player dont know what it takes so please STFU about things you dont know about.

How is GIVING YOU A OPTION TO JOIN restricting you in ANY WAY?? its a fucking choice you clown, one you dont have. Not having the perms restricts you from it.
Who the fuck is asking you to do anything? No one. you have some horrible ideas about what goes on in a mega.

Your entire post is your incorrect assumptions and has nothing to do with providing CHOICES to the player base.

5 hours ago, PHaRTnONu said:

One, Youre a imbecile. You make a assumption we abuse things? Why? Do you know me? Obviously not if this is your assumption.
Im sorry if being locked out Scuttling some one harbors and all thier boat is on youre agenda and not being able to is "MORE CONTROL"
You as a solo player dont know what it takes so please STFU about things you dont know about.

So, I said your mega was "likely" abusing things. You say as a solo I "dont" know what it takes. Wasn't there something about absolutes and the sith?

You took it personally I see. So I should ASSUME that your mega didn't take over an island or 3, THEN go into lawless areas and pushed out solos and smalls to set up more market systems to then trade back to yourself. Or perhaps that's just not abusing a system to you, with no regard to the solo. I should also ASSUME that no one in your mega went out and started throwing down claim towers on lawless while still holding islands. I will also ASSUME that no one in your mega (witch I also assume is full or near full roster) has ever cheated with third party software. I will assume as well that every member has been vetted and invited over for dinner to ensure their online identity. No your right, I am probably the imbecile here. Hey, if I am wrong here, I am wrong, but your mega would then be the outlier. Lets be honest.

5 hours ago, PHaRTnONu said:

How is GIVING YOU A OPTION TO JOIN restricting you in ANY WAY?? its a fucking choice you clown, one you dont have. Not having the perms restricts you from it.
Who the fuck is asking you to do anything? No one. you have some horrible ideas about what goes on in a mega.

I have been in a mega, twice actually. They said "don't build, we have builders". They said "go here for FoB NOW". They said "Don't shoot these people", even though we are not in an alliance. "READ THE DNS LIST" because it only changed 3x a day. They allowed me, ever so graciously, to access the second from lowest set of doors and shit. There is a lot of DOs and DONTs in a mega. The people "asking" are usually the ones who have no restrictions I found. 

There is a reason I play as a solo. I don't have horrible ideas about megas, just some RL experience. Giving me the "OPTION TO JOIN" is not restricting me, and I never said it was. I am only restricted AFTER I join. When I can no longer use doors I built. When I can no longer demo things I built to even get myself out of a structure. When, if you had your way, I would be restricted to only sail the boat you allow me too. This is a pretty straight forward concept that should be easy to grasp and not questionable as weather or not you are (or are wanting to be) imposing restrictions on other players.

It's not about me wanting to sink your ships. Its about wanting the respect you would give any sensible adult. We are playing a game and I would be happy to play with you. So long as I can do everything in the game that you can and you don't think of yourself as above me in any way. I think that is very reasonable.

6 hours ago, PHaRTnONu said:

Your entire post is your incorrect assumptions and has nothing to do with providing CHOICES to the player base.

My post was a response to yours, and it was not incorrect.

My point was; 

"When you say "Literally NEVER going invite new players able to come in and scuttle all the boats in the harbor." You are "Literally" wrong"

This was then proved by the fact that you ARE a mega. Meaning you DO have a full or nearly full roster. So you DO invite new players, and they COULD scuttle some boats. So your supposition is incorrect.

-CS

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

So, I said your mega was "likely" abusing things. You say as a solo I "dont" know what it takes. Wasn't there something about absolutes and the sith?

You took it personally I see. So I should ASSUME that your mega didn't take over an island or 3, THEN go into lawless areas and pushed out solos and smalls to set up more market systems to then trade back to yourself. Or perhaps that's just not abusing a system to you, with no regard to the solo. I should also ASSUME that no one in your mega went out and started throwing down claim towers on lawless while still holding islands. I will also ASSUME that no one in your mega (witch I also assume is full or near full roster) has ever cheated with third party software. I will assume as well that every member has been vetted and invited over for dinner to ensure their online identity. No your right, I am probably the imbecile here. Hey, if I am wrong here, I am wrong, but your mega would then be the outlier. Lets be honest.

I have been in a mega, twice actually. They said "don't build, we have builders". They said "go here for FoB NOW". They said "Don't shoot these people", even though we are not in an alliance. "READ THE DNS LIST" because it only changed 3x a day. They allowed me, ever so graciously, to access the second from lowest set of doors and shit. There is a lot of DOs and DONTs in a mega. The people "asking" are usually the ones who have no restrictions I found. 

There is a reason I play as a solo. I don't have horrible ideas about megas, just some RL experience. Giving me the "OPTION TO JOIN" is not restricting me, and I never said it was. I am only restricted AFTER I join. When I can no longer use doors I built. When I can no longer demo things I built to even get myself out of a structure. When, if you had your way, I would be restricted to only sail the boat you allow me too. This is a pretty straight forward concept that should be easy to grasp and not questionable as weather or not you are (or are wanting to be) imposing restrictions on other players.

It's not about me wanting to sink your ships. Its about wanting the respect you would give any sensible adult. We are playing a game and I would be happy to play with you. So long as I can do everything in the game that you can and you don't think of yourself as above me in any way. I think that is very reasonable.

My post was a response to yours, and it was not incorrect.

My point was; 

"When you say "Literally NEVER going invite new players able to come in and scuttle all the boats in the harbor." You are "Literally" wrong"

This was then proved by the fact that you ARE a mega. Meaning you DO have a full or nearly full roster. So you DO invite new players, and they COULD scuttle some boats. So your supposition is incorrect.

-CS

1. You are upset We as a collective dont want you to scuttle the whole harbor....
2. build some SHITTY base that makes the rest of the players vunerable ?

Thats exactly why the controls need to be there is cause of IDIOTS like you.
If you dont wana be in the company with those restrictions then DONT, other people will want the chance

12 hours ago, PHaRTnONu said:

1. You are upset We as a collective dont want you to scuttle the whole harbor....
2. build some SHITTY base that makes the rest of the players vunerable ?

Thats exactly why the controls need to be there is cause of IDIOTS like you.
If you dont wana be in the company with those restrictions then DONT, other people will want the chance

You keep going back to this for some reason. Did someone scuttle your shitty harbor? It must be a shitty harbor if they did.

Is this a real fear of something that has happened to you or just more speculation to justify your desire to be the online overlord of people who join (serve) you? Also, you continue to insult me. Have I insulted you at some point? Its possible, I just didn't think I had.

It would actually be "demolishing" your harbor in any event. I never said I wanted to demo your shitty harbor. I in fact don't want to, please stop the strawman tactics. Do you have any idea how much time that would take? If you are a proper mega you would have thousands of pieces to demolish. Any competent company would kick me out before I did more than a few minutes of dmg. I wouldn't even spend the effort to blow up more of your base than necessary to raid you. You are painting a picture of the most powerful companies in the game being under constant assault of insiders. 

As to my shitty base. Although I do not think you are qualified to deem a base you have never seen shitty, it may perhaps be shitty compared to yours. You are in a mega after all and have many many more people to "assign" as builders. However I cant say that because I have never seen your base. I have seen several, ok some, megas bases. They all looked pretty shitty to me. Not a single architect among you sadly.

This comes back to your god complex. Only YOU should judge who can and cant build a base of worth apparently.  

Outside of season 1, I have never lost anything in my base apart from decoys. I have lost some tames back in the day, rarely though. No gold was ever taken. No rare mats looted. No BPs lifted. No gear, normal to mythic, was made off with. I also never had a giant island advertising my presence, but I also never invited 99 people into my company and got obsessed with becoming the pirate dictator.

Your straw manning me has gotten us off topic. You made no mention of opposition to my point as stated in both of my posts you have responded to. I will take that as a consent that I am correct. Your purposed changes are in fact unjustified. They are a nice request in your eyes, but far from a necessity. 

Have a nice day...idiot (see now I have insulted you too).

-CS

On 3/17/2021 at 9:08 AM, Chucksteak said:

You keep going back to this for some reason. Did someone scuttle your shitty harbor? It must be a shitty harbor if they did.

Is this a real fear of something that has happened to you or just more speculation to justify your desire to be the online overlord of people who join (serve) you? Also, you continue to insult me. Have I insulted you at some point? Its possible, I just didn't think I had.

It would actually be "demolishing" your harbor in any event. I never said I wanted to demo your shitty harbor. I in fact don't want to, please stop the strawman tactics. Do you have any idea how much time that would take? If you are a proper mega you would have thousands of pieces to demolish. Any competent company would kick me out before I did more than a few minutes of dmg. I wouldn't even spend the effort to blow up more of your base than necessary to raid you. You are painting a picture of the most powerful companies in the game being under constant assault of insiders. 

As to my shitty base. Although I do not think you are qualified to deem a base you have never seen shitty, it may perhaps be shitty compared to yours. You are in a mega after all and have many many more people to "assign" as builders. However I cant say that because I have never seen your base. I have seen several, ok some, megas bases. They all looked pretty shitty to me. Not a single architect among you sadly.

This comes back to your god complex. Only YOU should judge who can and cant build a base of worth apparently.  

Outside of season 1, I have never lost anything in my base apart from decoys. I have lost some tames back in the day, rarely though. No gold was ever taken. No rare mats looted. No BPs lifted. No gear, normal to mythic, was made off with. I also never had a giant island advertising my presence, but I also never invited 99 people into my company and got obsessed with becoming the pirate dictator.

Your straw manning me has gotten us off topic. You made no mention of opposition to my point as stated in both of my posts you have responded to. I will take that as a consent that I am correct. Your purposed changes are in fact unjustified. They are a nice request in your eyes, but far from a necessity. 

Have a nice day...idiot (see now I have insulted you too).

-CS

I keep going back because it happened to people in season one. Nope not me, But i saw it to others, we asked for changes, nothing happened.
And as being in a mega its the reason why we dont invite RANDO's. again asking for options for us Doesnt negate your ability to run solo, so why be offended ?

I never mentioned DEMO'ing as a new person wouldnt be able to because harbors we rank 10 all the structures and no one is given that rank ever.... idk why your mentioning things i didnt bring up in a reply, change the subject much? Im talking about only SCUTTLING
no straw man tactic, thanks for pushing your naritive in the fold though but i see though childlike tactics from trolls like you

as mega's we build for use, not aesthetics so that rp shit does mean your base is shit. And as we play in a PVP game, yeah use over form is the stick to judge by.
Also dont know why you think megas are a dictator ship, we as a mega have and play as a community and banter and hang out with eachother and have fun. Gods forbid if we dont want some random bob we take pitty on and invite to come learn and have fun w us to scuttle the boats. I know you REALLY want to keep that option on the table for some DUMB unknown reason to sit here and argue about it so long and it makes megas so evil to want to make sure We dont loose something to some rando who hates life so much he has to run other people hundreds of hours of game play by scuttling boats.... I dont know WHY you want to defend being a POS maybe its just who you are deep inside i guess.

"Did someone scuttle your shitty harbor?"

"Nope not me, But i saw it to others"

So you are super concerned with something that you have never experienced. The one time you have even heard of it was years ago, on a different map, with a much different game environment. OK. This we have established.

18 hours ago, PHaRTnONu said:

I never mentioned DEMO'ing as a new person wouldnt be able to because harbors we rank 10 all the structures and no one is given that rank ever.... idk why your mentioning things i didnt bring up in a reply, change the subject much? Im talking about only SCUTTLING

On 3/16/2021 at 9:03 PM, PHaRTnONu said:

I dunno, I felt you were fairly specific about the harbor. I wasn't changing the subject at all. Perhaps you meant the boats in the harbor? I only have the words you use to go on.

Also dont know why you think megas are a dictator ship

person wouldnt be able to because harbors we rank 10 all the structures and no one is given that rank ever.... 

Except....the person who gets that rank. Who then denies it unilaterally to everyone else. Wait, what was the definition of a dictatorship again?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictatorship

They, well, at least YOUR mega IS a dictatorship by your own words in the same post.

On 3/17/2021 at 11:08 AM, Chucksteak said:

Outside of season 1, I have never lost anything in my base apart from decoys. I have lost some tames back in the day, rarely though. No gold was ever taken. No rare mats looted. No BPs lifted. No gear, normal to mythic, was made off with.

mega's we build for use, not aesthetics so that rp shit does mean your base is shit. And as we play in a PVP game, yeah use over form is the stick to judge by.

The use of my base was to never lose shit to other players. Especially argent little slaves of mega companies who think they are better than anyone else because other people did most of the work for them. Now, my base was literally 100% successful for the use I built it for, over the entirety of several seasons. I have in no way described its form, but what would that matter to you if its function is all that concerns you? What did I even say to give you the impression that I was some PvE RP person? I usually take every shot I get at those guys. 

19 hours ago, PHaRTnONu said:

Gods forbid if we dont want some random bob we take pitty on and invite to come learn and have fun w us to scuttle the boats.

Just, wow. The arrogance. Please oh please may some mega take pity on me and invite me so I can learn to play this game at last. Perhaps I will even learn to build a square box that is less raidable than.....

Wait how many times were you raided this season? 

19 hours ago, PHaRTnONu said:

I know you REALLY want to keep that option on the table for some DUMB unknown reason to sit here and argue about it so long and it makes megas so evil to want to make sure We dont loose something to some rando who hates life so much he has to run other people hundreds of hours of game play by scuttling boats.... I dont know WHY you want to defend being a POS maybe its just who you are deep inside i guess.

I am here for the sake of game design. Simply put, Risk/Reward should be greater, not lesser as you would have it.

You advocated for something that would diminish your risk without reducing your reward. Over a thing that has never even been a real threat for you.

More specifically, via the nature of this type of game, the group with greater numbers has an exponential advantage over a solo/smaller group. The only single downside that currently exist is the .01% chance of an insider. It is the only advantage of being solo, no one knows all of my locations and 0% chance of an insider.

I am not the person who wants to wreck your shit. I am the person that would join if there were more risk and reward.

The risk to the mega SHOULD be I can take what I want and leave. The reward to the mega is that it would bring an experienced player like me to your group. 

The risk for me is I lose all of my crafts to the company should I be kicked. The reward to me is the work of all the other crewmates while retaining my full gaming experience.

I do not and will not be a subject of a dictator. I will not be denied any access be it lvl 1 or 10 or 99. I think the very idea of limitations on your crewmates is anathema to the concept of a sandbox. The risk SHOULD be bigger with more people. Because you can achieve so much more so much faster. 

Its not me defending my right to be a piece of shit. Witch I will gladly defend. This is me defending EVERYONES right to be a piece of shit. I certainly reserve the right to as an American and will happily defend yours too. 

Oppression is a slippery slope my friend. Lets not throw away our values for our security.

“Those who give up liberty for security deserve neither.” - Benjamin Franklin

#ImwithBen

• Haha 1

@PHaRTnONu

Aww yea, gettin that ass now. Shark attack motherfucker...

On 3/21/2021 at 2:26 PM, PHaRTnONu said:

I never mentioned DEMO'ing as a new person wouldnt be able to because harbors we rank 10 all the structures and no one is given that rank ever.

So noone is ever given rank 10 huh? What about the rank of Admin?... How do you navigate that scenario Emperor Talks in Circles?

a. Angry illogical little twerps like you were the reason I left several large companies over the 3 seasons I played. You were happy to take the bps I donated, the crops I farmed, the food I cooked, the pile of money I grinded out, but never advice. When I'd explain how to conduct a proper military amphibious landing you'd ignore the advice and fuck it up. Three times in a row. You know why? Because shit heads like you are all talk. You don't have a clue how to conduct proper reconnaissance, planning and execution. All you know how to do is swarm ships in the water and overrun soft targets.

On 3/21/2021 at 2:26 PM, PHaRTnONu said:

as mega's we build for use, not aesthetics so that rp shit does mean your base is shit.

b. Why the fuck do you call anyone who disagrees with you a roleplayer? What leads the 9 synapses in your noodle to divert to that "insult"? So FUCKING what if someone IS a roleplayer? Does that make their fun less valuable than yours? I don't roleplay but I've met some fucking hilarious people over the years who can provide HOURS of entertainment with a goofy voice and some well timed quips. Grow the fuck up you narrow minded, male-Karen, man child. Snide remark making, logic lacking...

I could wreck your selfish, shit for brains logic for hours.

1 Noticed that you requested a box that people can place things IN but can't take them OUT. Whats wrong? Nobody in in your "Mega" likes the admins enough to say "Heres some gold for the Company fund Cpt. Karen"?

2 Noticed you have zero sympathy for the new guy whos worried he'll grind for hours but then receive NOTHING and get booted over a disagreement.

Is THAT maybe why your so worried about scuttled ships? Panzy.

Guessing your going to ignore the verbal ass whoopin your receiving in Q&A 9 and just thought I'd pop by... 😉

PS

@Chucksteak sorry, couldn't help it. Osama Bin Phart here dropped some verbal diarrhea in Q&A 9. 🙂

Edited by Ranger1k
  • Haha 1