Sign in to follow this  
Lev441

Wipe

11 hours ago, Nacona said:

I did reinstall the game and played now 7 hours on PVE official. Build sloop on lawless, collected some honey and tamed 3 bears... the no1 & 2 disapeared over night... nothing in the log. I leveled up to 32. Now driving around searching for a place to build.

You are lucky if you managed to claim 4 islands for yourself on this server and getting all warehouse spots as Solo Player? You belong to the top 1% of the server regarding your income then. George explained that he is still learning the game without help from expirienced players and he does not learn the fast PvP way.

I myself try to figure out in no hardcore mode how to get going with gold cost on ships starting with 0. I want to test the trading system and actual warhouse and famrhouse performance. If you have 4 islands you may have a spot for me to build? 1x warehouse, 2-3 farms?

I already gave everything to a small group of player because I´m not playing anymore. The game is very boring actually.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 9:38 AM, Caine said:

Not sure how you guys play the game, but from what I can read you are doing a lot wrong. I had over a million gold and 4 land pieces. Every tame and ship I wanted, mythic ship all kraken, sea horses whatever. What are you doing in this game all day long?

LOL

23 minutes ago, Caine said:

I already gave everything to a small group of player because I´m not playing anymore. The game is very boring actually.

Sure you did. 

Edited by Chucksteak
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Pant said:

Season 2, 3 and 4 had between 1400 - 1500 average players when they were wiped. Average player numbers right now is at 2100 and we lost 24% of the players in february, if that continues this month we'll be at 1500 players at the start of april.

That count is from Steam and only represents PC players, correct? Wonder if they're only on official or include private servers?

I wonder how they actually measure the player count?.. Does simply logging in count as "playing", meaning, if i just pop in and run a lap to reset some timers then log out, we both know Im not "playing" the game, I'm just doing a few despised chores, right?

Between 3 servers w 121 grids each those numbers are terrible. Even if you double them to account for xbox...

Wow.

Was just using steam to play a different game, maybe I'll see if they give any insight into their measurement metrics, unless you or anyone else know how they work?

Edited by Ranger1k

12 minutes ago, Ranger1k said:

That count is from Steam and only represents PC players, correct? Wonder if they're only on official or include private servers?

I wonder how they actually measure the player count?.. Does simply logging in count as "playing", meaning, if i just pop in and run a lap to reset some timers then log out, we both know Im not "playing" the game, I'm just doing a few despised chores, right?

Between 3 servers w 121 grids each those numbers are terrible. Even if you double them to account for xbox...

Wow.

Was just using steam to play a different game, maybe I'll see if they give any insight into their measurement metrics, unless you or anyone else know how they work?

Pretty sure it just looks at who's playing atlas on steam, so it will include private servers and people playing single player. Won't include xbox players though.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pant said:

Pretty sure it just looks at who's playing atlas on steam, so it will include private servers and people playing single player. Won't include xbox players though.

Wow now they look even worse if they include private servers and single player. Would love to see that 2100 number divided by playing time and measured against other titles...

12 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

Wow now they look even worse if they include private servers and single player. Would love to see that 2100 number divided by playing time and measured against other titles...

you can be pretty sure they count everbody who logs in. In season 3 Xbox was added and i guess sold about 10-20k times. 90% of players i know that used xbox switched to PC. Xbox one cant handle this game. But for Xbox this game is awesome... compared to other shooter games where you move to a cover and shoot over it...repeat... repeat.... repeat...

@Nacona

Actually xbox can just barely handle this game on PvE. Less structure spam (cannon walls, harbors, honeycombed walls etc) on most islands. I would stil sometimes crash to homescreen even when approaching the shoreline at ~2knots, but it's not a death sentence on PvE. Alot of people on PvE play xbox. I played on a pretty spammed Lawless Island that usually had 15+ players online in the grid also. Just make sure no other apps or programs are running in the background lol.

On PvP once I got inside the lag bubble I could move around w some rubberbanding on a heavily built up island. Approaching the island though my game crashed every single time. When I finally played solo on a Polar Island I pretty much had zero issues. Out at sea the game ran ok on both PvE and PvP.

I actually suspect they've sold well over 100k copies between both platforms, but that they've managed to get 98%+ of the playerbase to fuck off.

Edited by Ranger1k

On 3/4/2021 at 7:52 PM, Chucksteak said:

LOL

Sure you did. 

If you don´t believe me, I can give you the discord-tag of the guys I was playing with and the name: NBK Trading. We merged a few days ago. They got island-spots in H9, C3 and C5. Kumba (one of the most famous breeder) also know that because we were playing together from time to time. Sry bro, I don´t need to lie 😉

See, I play the game and try to learn things instead of posting in a forum every single minute 😉

Edited by Caine

@Caine & @Chucksteak

Gotta corroborate Caines position, when I quit last month I had accumulated well over ~500k+ (in gold and assets) since server restart, almost entirely solo. I only had 1 market-warehouse too. Also I wasn't super efficient, I cooked meals, purchased tames with minimal haggling, gave ALOT of shit away to newbs, bred some lions for a goof, my galley was all 150%+ blueprinted...

Was gonna give it away here on Forums, decided to give it to a couple of friends instead, they've been been ghosting ever since though, so I don't even know if all the food rotted, lions died etc. I'm assuming my neighbors watched like hawks and scooped up whatever was left.

🙂

Edited by Ranger1k
  • Like 1

Sry bro, I don´t need to lie

It's not about believing or something. We all got that you well experienced player who solved the game. Good for you. But telling us about this every message is not helping related to questions people (and I'm also) are asking.

13 hours ago, George Catcher said:

You have close to 800 posts, where you try to improve the game and try to solve problems which have simple solutions through gameplay. Most of your posts are not questions but complains and questions about stuff that doesn´t need changes. You wanted to fix stuff in your last thread because of your missing knowledge.

I wouldn´t say criticism to you when you would ask questions where we can help to improve your gameplay, but you try to change the game because of MISSING knowledge and that´s what I don´t like to see here. Imagine you spend the time in the game rather than spending it in 800 posts.

It's not about believing or something. We all got that you well experienced player who solved the game. Good for you. But telling us about this every message is not helping related to questions people (and I'm also) are asking.

13 hours ago, George Catcher said:

You have close to 800 posts, where you try to improve the game and try to solve problems which have simple solutions through gameplay. Most of your posts are not questions but complains and questions about stuff that doesn´t need changes. You wanted to fix stuff in your last thread because of your missing knowledge.

I wouldn´t say criticism to you when you would ask questions where we can help to improve your gameplay, but you try to change the game because of MISSING knowledge and that´s what I don´t like to see here. Imagine you spend the time in the game rather than spending it in 800 posts.

Won't be back even after the wipe, I'm heavily invested in Wurm Online now which is an old building crafting game along with trading with others. I check back now and again to see what the updates are but they would have to improve it substantially to get me back playing it.

I think most of the people who have played since day 1 have got bored of it, I know alot of people who gave it up also. It was worth the money, I enjoyed my time playing but when the fun has stopped it's time to move on. I've never believed the game will get where it should be, still believe that. Had the game been a stand alone away from Ark I think things would have been much different, same coding, same layout it is only heading 1 way.

• Like 1

Atlas is still just an ark dlc, tbh in the last 2 years it hasn't really improved beyond that. They seem to take a step forward, then jump 2 steps backward each time. Dark and light is the same, and outlaws of the old west, both games I love playing, but neither of them is likely to progress past early access. Atlas needs a solid vision again. Not just making stuff up as you go along routine. It's a shame cos it can be really enjoyable to play, especially just to waste a coupla hours sailing the seas.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

Atlas is still just an ark dlc, tbh in the last 2 years it hasn't really improved beyond that. They seem to take a step forward, then jump 2 steps backward each time. Dark and light is the same, and outlaws of the old west, both games I love playing, but neither of them is likely to progress past early access. Atlas needs a solid vision again. Not just making stuff up as you go along routine. It's a shame cos it can be really enjoyable to play, especially just to waste a coupla hours sailing the seas.

Outlaws of the old west... ah that was fun for 500 hours as well... but a real exploit desaster as well. I build a base in a rock where you could get in by walking through bad surfaces. Did not need to use bugs like chairs or mines or horses(still was an hiden exploit base)... well hunting players that build base on the bottom floor of the map room 100 meters below surface... Cheats you could just activate with an external programm to fly or change movement speed etc... but my mades got me into Atlas from that game which was my first survival expirience. OoftW is dead - development stopped. Hopefully Atlas will turn - the hope is still there - i will never play Ark.

• Like 1