Sign in to follow this  
Lev441

Wipe

I’m expecting with the next big update or the one after. Its my EXPECTATION!! Don’t quote me. It’s just what I’m expecting. They have to do the new claim system and they still have some weird errors with the new island formats (fall through rocks, swimming into and under some islands and other graphical blips). So my expectation is a few more sea creatures another ship or two and some more rework on pvp side things but a wipe will be soon is my guess. 

Edited by Grayson

They said absolutely nothing concerning the really important questions like „When will the official servers be wiped ?“ in the latest Q&A

I think they will introduce new(old) claiming system, and with it it's gonna be wipe. So we waiting for patch news. I hope this time it won't be some amaizing sea turtle tame, requires 100500 crab legs to tame it.

they are working on a new map and focus on new ships. I think the next wipe is not that close. Actually there are not much information about the majestic kraken out there. Looks like the gold is ready(for megas) but the 75 squid legs are some stupid requirement that may gets changed(soon).

I think it´s time for a wipe. Lot´s of people start quitting again and the content is kinda small.

Actually there are not much information about the majestic kraken out there. Looks like the gold is ready(for megas) but the 75 squid legs are some stupid requirement that may gets changed(soon).

I really wish to test this ship. This was really long way.

- For the first time ever, I went to trenches, I've tried dolphins, it didn't work.

- I learned how to deal with Hydras and gather powerstones. So for the first time ever, I gathered em all.

- I learned how to fight V1 Kraken SOLO, and even almost killed one.

- Also for the first time ever I was able to set my trading routes.

After that, I lost my BRIG to Trolls players (who launched V2 Kraken before every1 gathered up). I lost my Tiger - because it felt to someone's walls covered locked base with no way out (thx devs for yet another treasure spawn on the cliff). With 8 active routes my market produces around 100-200 golds a day. And... I just don't fell I ready to start over. To build another schooner. To go C6 for another Tiger and then level it. To spend a week farming bottles, to gather gold for another BRIG. To level another Brig and try yet another Kraken, for possible submarine.

So only after that I could start farming tentacles for this new Kraken ship.

I mean... if there will be a wipe soon, I just won't make it in time. So DEVs SHOULD MAKE A STATEMENT of at least do they plan to wipe everything SOON or not?

Lot´s of people start quitting again and the content is kinda small.

I guess I'm within those ppl. I just lost everything to trololol players and I feel I'm just not ready to start over, knowing all might be erased soon...

Edited by George Catcher

1 hour ago, George Catcher said:

I mean... if there will be a wipe soon, I just won't make it in time. So DEVs SHOULD MAKE A STATEMENT of at least do they plan to wipe everything SOON or not?

I guess I'm within those ppl. I just lost everything to trololol players and I feel I'm just not ready to start over, knowing all might be erased soon...

Man, sailing a brig as a solo...ballsy. I stay with the smaller cheaper boats personally. You don't feel as crushed when you run across a mythic that is faster than it has any right to be.

About the wipe. I really do not believe they have any date in mind themselves. They probably know weather or not they will wipe, and I assume they will at some point. However they likely do not know for sure when work will be finished on the thing that will necessitate a wipe. We all assume (and hope) it will be the new claim system.

• Like 1

@George Catcher & @Chucksteak

They announced Tradewinds POTENTIALLY being implemented at the end of Q2/ beginning of Q3 so I would venture to guess that would be the logical time. Just a guess though

Also Chuck don't forget he's sailing the brig on PvE solo, so not as risky for an experienced player.

Edited by Ranger1k
  • Like 1

@George Catcher

I preferred brigs on PvE forever. I hated Galleys. However the last few months though I switched to running a solo galley.

1 Tons of extra HP

2 Tons more firepower

3 Greater haul weight so its faster

4 With the new increased reverse speed when i wrecked a bunch of SotD I simply backed up to grab my loot insted of taking 20minutes to turn it around

My basic build I referred to as a "gally light", ~10 cannons across the back with high damage resist (same for the support walls), then bottem sides filled with 7 medium and 4 heavy cannon each side yielding 32 cannons out the gate and tons of extra crew space. Gradually added some front and side-rear cannons as I leveled up the weight. Even with 6 handling sails i could pull ~16knots.Even w a terrible headwind i usually stayed over 8knots. Carried 20+ spare planks/gunpports.

Just my 2 cents. Even if you used a common shipyard to save on gold it's kind of worth it.

🙂

Edited by Ranger1k
  • Like 1

I preferred brigs on PvE forever. I hated Galleys. However the last few months though I switched to running a solo galley.

@Ranger1k

I'm still on Brigs on PvE forever and hating Galleys : )) I assume one day I'll change my mind : )

I mean devs once made x6 gathering and with full stack of tames (I had all, elly, giraffe, even rhino) I built a Galley and due to lack of maneuverability it was torture to sail it : )

Edited by George Catcher
  • Haha 1

@George Catcher

37 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

@Ranger1k

I'm still on Brigs on PvE forever and hating Galleys : )) I assume one day I'll change my mind : )

I mean devs once made x6 gathering and with full stack of tames (I had all, elly, giraffe, even rhino) I built a Galley and due to lack of maneuverability it was torture to sail it : )

Trust me, I GET IT. It's like trying to turn a planet 😂. Pro tip- the turning felt much more responsive if i cut sails down to ~30%

However, after this last few month I'll pick a galley over brig for solo PvE everytime. Remember, just back up to get the loot, put a diving attachment at the rear on both sides. Naked swim the last bit if you have to. De-equip the diving suit by throwing your grapple. The extra HP and firepower is game changing. 

Especially if your gonna solo the Kraken. The extra cannons plus the range of a few heavy cannons may seal it for ya. If a bunch of mats fall in your lap, reconsider it. One more thing, leave off the very bottom deck and just use wooden ladders for access to the bottom planks. Thats also how i accessed the 10 tail cannons. I think I only used 4 decks total.

Ok I'll shut up now, I know ya got your own way you enjoy playing... 🙂

Good luck, have fun

Well George is barely getting the gold for a Brig again, how is he supposed to get a Galleon? He may needs some trick to increase his number of trade routes? Sry, did not test that myself yet so don't know how that works.

Never thought about the reverse speed increase using it for getting the SotD loot with gally... sounds great to safe that much time there.

I would always prefer the Brig over the gally in the view of a solo player. But i would also build kiting design for leveling and to avoid most damage.

Also you can turn a gally more fast with handling sails if you fast open and close sails between ~30-70% or if you hold i think W(or S) and space together when speed is 0 while turning in one direction. The sails will fully open while you don't move forward and you turn a little faster. But remember that your sails are open and you go forward if you stop holding the buttons xD

• Like 2

Not sure how you guys play the game, but from what I can read you are doing a lot wrong. I had over a million gold and 4 land pieces. Every tame and ship I wanted, mythic ship all kraken, sea horses whatever. What are you doing in this game all day long?

Edited by Caine

I don't mind a wipe.  Been through at least 4-5 of them.  However if anyone in the game says they know when it's coming, they have no idea.  The devs might not even know exactly when yet.  Anyhow there were people saying there would be a wipe in Nov or Dec and it didn't happen.  I would expect one within a few months though.

15 hours ago, Caine said:

Not sure how you guys play the game, but from what I can read you are doing a lot wrong. I had over a million gold and 4 land pieces. Every tame and ship I wanted, mythic ship all kraken, sea horses whatever. What are you doing in this game all day long?

I did reinstall the game and played now 7 hours on PVE official. Build sloop on lawless, collected some honey and tamed 3 bears... the no1 & 2 disapeared over night... nothing in the log. I leveled up to 32. Now driving around searching for a place to build.

You are lucky if you managed to claim 4 islands for yourself on this server and getting all warehouse spots as Solo Player? You belong to the top 1% of the server regarding your income then. George explained that he is still learning the game without help from expirienced players and he does not learn the fast PvP way.

I myself try to figure out in no hardcore mode how to get going with gold cost on ships starting with 0. I want to test the trading system and actual warhouse and famrhouse performance. If you have 4 islands you may have a spot for me to build? 1x warehouse, 2-3 farms?

Edited by Nacona

Season 2, 3 and 4 had between 1400 - 1500 average players when they were wiped. Average player numbers right now is at 2100 and we lost 24% of the players in february, if that continues this month we'll be at 1500 players at the start of april.

1 hour ago, Pant said:

Season 2, 3 and 4 had between 1400 - 1500 average players when they were wiped. Average player numbers right now is at 2100 and we lost 24% of the players in february, if that continues this month we'll be at 1500 players at the start of april.

The current player count has nothing to do with weather or not a wipe occurs. It is driven by necessity when a big enough change happens. In the past these were normally map/claim related changes that could otherwise not have been done without a wipe. 

You could argue that resetting the characters was not necessary. I preferred it though, with the rampant exploits, especially early on.

1 hour ago, Chucksteak said:

The current player count has nothing to do with weather or not a wipe occurs. It is driven by necessity when a big enough change happens. In the past these were normally map/claim related changes that could otherwise not have been done without a wipe. 

I just looked at the numbers and noticed the past 3 seasons have been wiped when the average player numbers were between 1400 and 1500 players. https://steamcharts.com/app/834910

If they wipe because they have a major patch or they do a major patch because they wipe. I don't know.