Sign in to follow this  
moerserman

Official servers are at their limit  Why is that ?  

The reason is that build bases that are too large  

The same problem was with Conan Exiles

This year fancom decided that you can only build bases max. (Length10 X 10 Long X 5 Height blocks)

Anyone who builds taller or taller will be banned 

This has ensured that the servers are now running very well and there are no loading problems  

When will Atlas introduce this?

Never. Why? Because building 1-2 month to make a safe base and harbor and exclude xbox players from the game like potato PC players due to lag and game crash is the only way in PvP. In PVE building and breeding is the thing people do.

Lags are caused by NPCs and their permanent animations. Lags are created by the hugh amount of single ship parts as well as base structures of easy 20-50k pieces.

You need ships and you do not want to lose them due to offline raiding. So you spam puckle and cannon with NPC to protect it.

New trade routes are calculated by the servers(yet not visual).

There is no optimization regarding performance right now. Devs like to implement new stuff as the basegame was build by devs that are not working here anymore.

The map size was reduced and each physical server has to handle more grids.

I personally came to minimalistic base. Last season I was building a castle with like hundreds of useless ceilings and walls (useless in PVE). And each time I was approaching my base I had a lag issues until all loads.

This season I built just 5 simple 3x4 houses (each with purpose) tames pen and trading chain. I happy now, because when I approach my base - all loads fast with no lag.

I wonder if all players who build their million pieces grand palaces, are happy to, unable to approach their bases without extremely tailspin lags for minute or two? : ))

• Like 1

I also ask myself, Why are palaces and castles built in the PVE?  

The same thing, why do you wall the flag?  

You can't leave it? this is PVE not PVP

Do whole cities build on an official PVE server? Jesus Cristus why

Edited by moerserman
  • Haha 1

I often wonder why players think everyone on the whole server, should lose everything they have every 6 months because some toxic player is spamming and blocking. Why cant they just block the toxic player?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, moerserman said:

I also ask myself, Why are palaces and castles built in the PVE?  

The same thing, why do you wall the flag?  

You can't leave it? this is PVE not PVP

Do whole cities build on an official PVE server? Jesus Cristus why

Shoot on PvP it was absolutely terrible.

On top of people building palaces they then had to try to protect it by spamming triple thick walls, cannons, puckles, fence posts, walled harbors etc..

One island I was on literally almost zero animals spawned because it was so overbuilt. Constant rubberbanding

Seems like the devs have a vision of some grand RTS game where trade and gathering is automated and the players are just there to fight over who controls it. I don't see how the game is ever going to support that vision with the current upkeep of npcs and ease of spamming npcs/structures.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 5:16 PM, Pant said:

Seems like the devs have a vision of some grand RTS game where trade and gathering is automated and the players are just there to fight over who controls it. I don't see how the game is ever going to support that vision with the current upkeep of npcs and ease of spamming npcs/structures.

haha that is true 😄

an RTS loool

switching from 3d to 2d and managing trade routes that actually work would be great tho xd