MrCraftyG

Xbox single player game crashes on world load

Had the game a few days now and 3 times now I've had the game crash upon loading my single player save on xbox one, resorting in deleting the save and starting over because nothing I do would result in a successful load of my save.

I've rebooted, cleared cache etc. All result in the game crashing when loading "ocean" and booting me back to the dashboard.

"Play on pc" no.

"Play online" no, although may consider renting a server despite wanting access to the full map away from people who won't let me play a chill game (yes I know it's a pirate game and that anything goes on the high seas)

Is this a common occurrence amongst the player base?

I'm aware the game isn't finished, so fully sympathise with the dev team, however annoying it is.

Any advice would be appreciated on how to get past this, assuming it's even possible without having to delete the save.

Thanks in advance.

Singleplayer is unplayable. Don't waste your time. Your save WILL get corrupted in this current build.

Play online PC with a dedicated server using Phoenix125's server manager method. Search the forums and you will find it.

• Like 1

I'm a returning player but now on Xbox series x thought game would run better!!!  I took a few months off and only play singleplayer or non-dedicated with friends. today game crashed crossing grids now it crashes every time I try to load the save, it did load 1 time but apparently I died had to pick a bed my ship bed was not available so spawn on starter Island and yeah......... IT CRASHES 

seeing the same problems as you it gets to loading ocean and errrr crash

At one point bugs and all this was my favorite game being it was more stable then ARK ! LoL Plus I dont like dinosaurs

But I guess I will have to give it a break again 

If anybody knows a work around I'm all ears

would be nice if you could give us some more test like shiping towards a large base if xbox series X can handle this now much better than befores Xbox One is 1-3 minutes lags? For me as PC players the series X seams to have some decend power but Atlas does not get any optimization yet.

19 hours ago, Nacona said:

would be nice if you could give us some more test like shiping towards a large base if xbox series X can handle this now much better than befores Xbox One is 1-3 minutes lags? For me as PC players the series X seams to have some decend power but Atlas does not get any optimization yet.

Yeah seems to run way better grid changes and approaching large biulds on island have zero lag my old save had huge base that would lag 30sec-1m before popping in.

have yet to jump on official and dont plan too not a fan of pvp in atlas and pve is just pvp but you can not directly attack the people that sink your ships with weight or spam claims lol

With not having optimization DIRECTLY for series x, it had drastically changed the game compared to my scorpio/xb1x until I ran in to this save corruption problem.

lost my legacy save over 400hrs and I figured maybe it was all the updates and how old the save was so started a new save with 3 days of grind lost again lol

at this point I'm testing but have no intention to waste time grinding this game until fixed

It would be nice if devs would at the very least acknowledge the problem or at least lie saying they're fixing it

well the performance upgrade for relatively low costs for Series X compared to PC is much welcome for lots of players.

Also latest update contains some single player bug fix so there is hope for the future.