George Catcher

Voyage of Power solo.

Just wanna share my experience of this quest, playing PVE Official SOLO!

s5WGDCB.jpg

I wouldn't say things were easy, but it definitely doable solo, with no cheating. Because I didn't do Kraken yet, I wanna talk about getting all 9 powerstones.

Perparation.

Alright, all you need is:

- Any ship that can shoot backward. I personally done this by a schooner with 4 common cannons on stern.

- A riffle.

- Gliding suit.

- Couple nuclear bombs for when you'll get killed 10 times in a row by stupid leatherwing or dump bogo-wogo tiger, while you run naked, and then you freak out and wanna blow this island to hell!!! I'm just kidding, but you should prepare yourself to a lot of butt igniting deaths. I dunno, make chamomile tea, or something : )))

(I met guys hunting hydra by Brig with 17 225% damage cannons on stern. Hydra couldn't reach the shore).

Hydra killing tactics.

The main idea is simple. You go (or fly on glider) to a shore. Spot hydra. Shoot from far to her head. Fly back to your ship. Sail away 4.5 - 5 knots. Shot hydra from stern cannons until it die. Please practice flying. Right now glider made the way, when you fly from the rock, or schooner deck, you can fly and even raise a altitude until your stamina is out. It's down-speed-up. Pretty easy.

Notice that hydra wont follow you forever, so if she far from the shore, you'll need to fly and reload your riffle same time. And then stop, shoot again and continue flying. This one is tricky part.

So things to do is:

- To park your ship with nose to the ocean and stern to the shore.

- Put all your stuff in box. All armor, weapon, tools, etc. Go naked with just glider suit to check if hydra out there. If not - back to your ship and sail to next spot.

- When you spot hydra, go back to your ship, pick riffle, then go as far as possible on the way from boat to hydra, from where hydras heads are visible. Shot her head far from the distance, then don't wait - turn around, fly and do your riffle reload. This is most tricky part. After reload is done, land, shoot again, don't wait, fly.

- If you on the ship, and hydra is near - you made it! Just sail away and enjoy you hydra killing. With common cannons there are 200 cannonballs needed for each hydra.

Important TIP which would save me hell a lot of time. After you kill hydra, you loot her for 2000 mythos. And if you then gather all resources from her body (hit her with axe or pick until her body disappear) she will respawn immediately at the same spot!

Hydra spots:

Right now we have 6 islands with hydras:

G7 - with hell a lots of aggressive lions, wolves, spiders and medusas. I couldn't move from the shore, so this one is not worth it.

RHD4u1F.jpg

H7 - one of my successful island. Not many aggressive animals, but anyway, watch for cyclops and rock elementals. Northern spot is the easiest one.

fk567Np.jpg

E7 - Most popular island because all spots are easy accessible. There is a problem tho. You most likely find not just a Hydra but also guys who farm mythos by killing her. Watch for cyclops.

3GZGlzS.jpg

E6 - didn't go well for me. Tons of fire elementals and this far shore it hell bunch or wild and aggressive wolves, tigers etc. I for the first time here wish to blow them out, and even spent an hour to shoot all those bastards. Killed like 30-40 of them but amount of enemies didn't decrease.

V0ESdlD.jpg

E5 - is fine I guess. I could walk there for some time. Didn't see a single hydra there tho.

rxWscW9.jpg

G5 - is one of the people favorite island as well. Didn't meet a single hydra there either.

dRnCJUE.jpg

So basically it's F7-E7.

One more tip. If you find a guys do their mythos farming, ask if they can give you keystones. They'll probably give you like 6 stones, or 9, or like 12... because they don't need them. This happen for me and save hell alot of time. Also if they don't wanna share - just stay in the area. Don't go in their way, just watch they killing hydra and keystone appears in your inventory.

Also guys told that there is a way to RESET keystones timers. I didn't ask them how to do that, so any information about that will be usefull.

Keystones:

After you kill Hydra, you'll get your Keystone.

- You can use one to any powerstone cave. So you can kill 9 hydras in just G5 and then sail to every powerstones caves.

- It'll spoil in 2 hours (there is a way to reset timer but I don't know it yet).

- If you die, keystone will stay with your corpse. You not pick it up, then it wasted.

Powerstones:

All powerstones are in the same caves and same spots the fountains of youth are. In order to do it safe I did the following.

- Put all stuff (keystone also) in my boxes.

- Run naked to cave entrance, check if it save to run there. Lure dangerous animals away if needed. 

- Enter the cave, run to the bridge and check if there are monters there. Sometime there are like 15-20 monster staying on the bridge. So I aggro them and jump down, to lure them all from the bridge. Sometimes it needs to be done couple times.

- Then I pick keystone an run to the altar. After I pick power stone I try to jump of the bridge to lure all monsters from the bridge, so next player who go there, make his way safe. I really try to do my best to take care of other players. Unfortunatelly after you gather a powerstone, fascinating book will be open, and you'll likely be killed at this moment. So devs should really do something about that.

UQex40Z.jpg

And one more thing.

Powerstone cave in F5 is hell!!! 

uz5t7aM.jpg

The entrance is surrounded by cyclops, dinos, tigers and lions. I died there for like 15 times before I was able to enter inside. On the bridge I found like 40 monsters. And they didn't allow me to jump off the bridge. So I died there for 15 times also before I somehow decided it safe.

And worst is, it wasn't. After I went there with keystone, some bat pushed me off the bridge and I died down there. And I wasn't able to pick keystone back, because each time I jump down and got hit by enemy I was then teleported to the surface above the cave. This is some kind of glitch, and I wasted 2 keystones in the cave.

So do this one with caution.

Edited by George Catcher
  • Thanks 1

Thank you George, this is a great summary of this quest.

Reading all you other commends over the last year i thought you would have done this already several times. But as you play solo your progress is much slower.

You analysis is very good regarding the chance to complete the power stones as solo player.

I tried this also on a Private PVE Server and i did not finish one stone. In a group of 3-5 players it's much more easy to get the hydra to the beach.

Of course in a Mega Tribe you can just go there with 50-60 carabine guns and shot every monster in your way.(like you can kill the Kraken this way too)

@G5 there can be a hydra spawn on top of the mountain(lower left spawn) where you may have to climb up about 30 minutes and it's difficult to kite her down without getting ignited. So you may never go there to even search for hydra... if she's up there you do not want to be the one killing her for others to get a more easy spawn.

Power stones caves are easy if you go in with 2 players... the first runs in and jumps from the bridge while the second one is close following. Of course some caves have snakes where it is difficult to jump over them without getting one hitted. But after some trials you figure out how to do and can tell pretty safe when there is the time to go in with the key. Make sure you are nacked and also drop your crap steering wheel skin... if you die there will not be a pocket left... only if you die with the key.

The way to reset the powerstones is putting them in a cargo rack and drop it followed up by picking the floating cargo up again. You can reset everything that spoils... for example your tresure maps. You can repeat this as often as you like to. As I don't play anymore i don't care if the devs will read this now... i even guess they are not in this forum so probably that will give us proove that they are not reading our feedback here. Otherwise they may consider this as a bug that needs to be fixed as players should expirience much more hardcore with loosing stuff just to an expire date.(Keys should last 12h at least)

The Kraken fight is not that difficult. You can do it solo with a Brig. It should have 5 or 6 small cannons each side to target the tentacles. With 6 100% cannon and 100% ships damage you may not destroy one tentacle with one salve so you may consider using improved cannons and get your ships damage up some levels. Make sure your crew is not lvl 1 and has more thann 200-300 HP. Don't use rear facing cannons, the NPC there can get hit by the kraken shots and those cannons can take much damage and get destroyed. Make sure you skill yourself to HP as your first trial will be difficult to figure out when the Kraken starts his area lightning attack which can kill you if you get two times in it. I recommend to have 3-4 healings and maybe a monkey for healing buff. The SoTD in the fight have reduced damage but more life so you try to avoid them while killing the tentacles. If you destroy all tentacles you have to drive to the center and manualy aim the head from close range. Auto fire order does not work, only for tentacles.  The lightning area attack is visible some seconds before the strike so it can be avoided with good timing. The attacks are set to a fix duration but it's possible that one tentacle can repeat the area attack. If you get in the area attack you can not use the steering wheel. Make sure you wistle the sails open to get out. Xbox Players may face issues that the healing is not working/buged.

The damage to your ship is very low and most likely will only hit your rear upper planks. So it's solo possible and you don't need much repairs as long you don't get into the SoTD. My suggestion is a ship with 200% armor skill and 150-180% damage. As you drive in circles you may use handling sails to have better wind angles. Galleons are not good in turning so it's kind of a waste to go in with more than a Brig. A Shooner can do this job too but your planks have less health so it's more risk if you don't trust your sailing skills.

If you have a made or passengers the safest place is maybe on deck or sitting on a chair under deck. Standing under the deck maybe looking out of the gun port to see the action can make you glitch out and swimming with the sharks... you will die and don't get the quest(yes, happend to me in my first trial as passenger)

Majestic Kraken:

You could use harvest boost after killing the squids if you have all 9 power stones and complete the Ice Dungeon by killing the Yeti boss. Chance to complete solo = 0%

So this ships costs is completely useless. It's a Brig with double amout of cannons which should have to be much more weight compared so it should be slower which means it will lose PvP vs a Brig. For you as solo player fighting SotD with broadside attacks it could be a good ship... so hey, we got PvE content added.

• Thanks 1

Also each Power Stone used to give you 40 discovery points which is basically +1 max level. I am not sure if this is still the case. I last played on a private server and there i did not get this reward. So 9x Power Stone + 9x Essence and killing Kraken with all Powerstones to finish the quest gave you also 200 discovery = +5 level. This is a total of +23 max level.

This is one reason for the complains at season 4 start where some players reached lvl 100+ at day 2(in Mega Tribes). They discovered all lawless island with using the options of fast traveling(and after death respawn) and placed discover beds + chair(or raft) on all claimable islands, make power stones, kraken and yeti(2-3x). Not difficult with 50-100 players on a Galeone shooting with carabine.

Who interessted in easy discovery points from lawless:

Die, change Home Region to lawless, spawn, craft and place a bed and optional a chair for your mates. Die again. Change Home Region to other grid or freeport. Die and spawn on bed. Die and respawn in current grid(not home region), now you can choose which island on the map. As you died 1x in this server you can now get discovery of every island you spawn.

If your mate wants to do the same he can now spawn on bed and sit on your chair once to get instand discovery without dieing. Now he can die as well and discover the other islands in region.

Repeat in other regions.

chair = sit on tame = sit on a sail

Doing this will give you access to max level ~85-90. Now you only need to visit some claimable islands to get max level 120.

With 414 discovery points you get a skill which allows you normal movement speed while encumbered.

• Like 1

You can use rear facing swivels with canister shots instead of cannons, if you shoot the Hydra main body the splash damage will damage all the heads. Cannister shots weigh almost nothing so you can carry loads and the ship will still be fast.

The best way by far is to just go to F7 or one of the other islands with easy hydra spawns and just kill the hydra over and over. When you have 9 keys you do the golden age lap, I know you play solo but if you had an alt account or a friend they could just afk on the boat and generate extra keys. 3 people would give you 9 keys in 3 hydras.

If delivering the keys go smoothly without any creatures blocking the cave entrance you can deliver all 9 without having to use the cargo rack exploit. Obviously deliver the keys with the lowest time on first.

• Like 1

Alright, today I've made first SOLO KRAKEN attempt. I didn't know what to expect, so I was sailing there ready to loose 18k gold (I mean my Brig), but I survived. I didn't make any special prep so here some thoughts about the battle.

syLb5gf.jpg

- My BRIG now 38. 260% resistance. 140 Sturdiness (needs for SOTD battles). 126% damage. Most of cannons are fine 112% damage. Most of planks are fine 6700 health.

- The battle was last for 28 minutes, and I was about to take down last tentacle to do 4th damage to Kraken (low him below 50%) so I've got enough time I guess.

- 10 cannons (112% cannon damage +126% damage in stats) are enough to down tentacle with one volley.

- About 1200 cannonballs needed for whole fight!!! With stuff for repairs - my ship is around 70% loaded. It heavy and slow.

Now what I did wrong:

- Speedsails are bad choice for fight. It's rain there, and wind rotates fast clockwise. I didn't try to do counterclockwise, but sailing clockwise, you either move upwind all the time, because you'll sail around kraken along with wind rotation. Or if you move downwind, you then overtake wind rotation and anyway get in to upwind.

- Sailing fast, you receive bunch of 40 damages from each charged bolt from Kraken. Staying still, or sailing slow upwind will brings occasional 1200 damage hits. One hit like this killed my guy in last gunport, and destroyed cannon in there. Other guys in gunports were at 100% health. Overall damage is not that big. The problem is - it steady and battle goes for an hour.

- If you don't stop - most of damage lands in to ship's stern or even in water behind stern. There are guys staying in my stern. After almost 30 minutes all of them received around 100 damage. So generic guys from freeport won't last whole fight, as @Nacona mentioned above. There are guys from high level damned ships needed (i've got some lvl-126, they don't level, and got 500hp each. I put them to sails).

- You really should watch for sparky tentacles, because one of that thing killed me. I was approaching it, and didn't make to stop in time. Remember, if you turn sails from downwind to upwind position - your ship will slow down really fast. And on PC: "Space" by default is for opening full sails. "Z" by default to full close sails.

- If you able to get med-kit - it'll definitely help.

So I guess I'll hunt damned galleys more, to get all my crew around 90+lvl, and possible good handling sails bps (already have journeyman with 110% acceleration). Then I'll give it another try.

Edited by George Catcher

Wow, super cool, GC!

I'm playing on my own dedicated server at 0.35 difficulty instead of normal 0.2 and I was always wondering if I would be able to fight the Kraken by myself.

I didn't read most of what you wrote out because I don't want to know all the perfect tricks and strats to winning. I'm just glad to hear it won't be impossible, lol!

• Like 1

Always funny how in these online survival games suddenly superheroes appear out of nowhere, slaying all bosses solo blindfolded and onehanded with a stick.... while us minor mortals fight with green pistols against Cobras.

No sorry, what you describe is impossible. Solos and small groups are locked out of content like submarines, trenches and sea horses.

As there is no content in the pipeline at the moment as it seems ? We are maybe ALL locked out of ATLAS soon.

If you got it to 50% in 28 minutes you can probably kill it with your current ship.

Flintlocks and carbines do a lot of damage to tentacles. I am pretty sure if you carry a carbine and a few flintlocks, you can cycle through them and kill the tentacle before you even get in cannon range.

• Thanks 1

Always funny how in these online survival games suddenly superheroes appear out of nowhere

Yeah, but in another thread I made about all difficulties buying Majestic Kraken, some guy said I'm unexperienced noobie, and all here is pretty easy solo : )) Maybe I'll record my next Kraken attempt... : )

• Like 1

Yet another update of solo Kraken. Got him to 5%. Had 7 minutes left. Made just a single mistake and died from LAST TENTACLE I NEEDED TO TAKE OUT before final kraken attack. I'm such a looser lol! : )

So... my thoughts are:

- Handling sails are must have for the fight (I've suddenly got Legendary Handling Sails BP).

- More health for yourself is better. I'm now 187 health and I survive sparkling tentacle with around 20% of health. Meaning - full spark cycle take out around 150 health. If you bellow or somewhere around - UP IT!!!

- Medkit skill with advanced self healing skill is must have either! You'll get in to sparks anyway (for example after you damage Kraken he can push you out and nearest tentacle star to spark). No need to have like plenty med-kits with you.. I used just 80% of single one, but couple of kits is fine I guess.

- X-tra cannons are also MUST HAVE. Your cannons will get damaged and you won't be able to repair them because of "recently damaged" debuff which is permanent here. After 53 minutes of fight I've got 2 deck's and 3 gunport's canons destroyed and also one deck's cannon with just 100 health. With 10 attacking cannons I have left half of them, so my last volley would be from 5 cannons. Bad news here is - all my cannons were improved. Those ones destroyed were 9500+ health.

- Also guys manning cannons in gunports died with their cannon for some reason. Guys manning deck cannons are survived (or maybe the reason is I put guys 126lvl with 500 health to decks cannons and guys 75+ level with 300hp to gunports).

-Things getting damaged through all the ship. It means - all you have inside. all your boxes, beds, grille, etc! So make sure all (especially BEDs) are full health before engage.

3 most troublesome stuff in the fight are:

Kraken bolts.

Those are hit you hard when you stops. So you always have to sail full speed. You receive 40 damage when you sail and 400-1200 damage when you stop. They do damage through the ship, and all the time. So all your stuff (boxes, beds, cannonst etc) will permanently have "Recently Damaged" debuff. 

Sparking tentacles.

After you attack Kraken 2 times, there will be 2 random tentacles casting sparking zones around them. They cast together every couple minutes, and every cast lasts for 25 seconds. Those are bad because if you hit this sparking zone, you'll be throwed out of ship control, all crew and youself will receive up to 150 damage. You also can not perform any action and get stun from time to time while in this zone. After you attack Kraken more, amount of sparking tentacles increased by 1 (so it 5 or 6 at the end). Please note that when amount of tentacles is equal or less than amount of sparking ones - all tentacle will be sparking every cycle. 

So you'll have to learn timing and avoid those zones. Don't forget that you can not stop and wait due to Kraken Bolts.

Lags and dramatic FPS drops.

I have Ryzen 7 2700 (3.20 GHz) and 32Gb RAM. Sometimes my FPS drops to 5-7 : (( It usually happens when there are like 4-5 tentacles do their sparking, 30 kraken bolts at once flying to me, 20 damned ships are following me. So I guess we can't help it. Just suffer.

My mistake.

I've entered to this sparking zone casted by last ever tentacle. Then I just couldn't turn around and destroy it due to 20 damned ships following me. I just couldn't pass through them to attack point. Their damage is not a problem, but they do ramming and turning me around, also protect tentacle with their bodies. With all flashy and 5 FPS, and sparking zone - I just couldn't handle it. So key to success is to be most concentrated and do NO MISTAKES at the end of a battle.

-----------------------

My ship is now 41. I have 140 sturdiness, 260 damage resistance, and 140% attack power. Also my average gun damage was 150% and it took me around 900 cannonballs to get there. So I guess with 1200-1400 cannonballs it's possible to not just deal with Kraken but also with most of damned bastards that lows FPS. The only problem is - you have no time. I made my mistake because I had only 7 minutes left so I decided to sail though all 20 damned ships at once.

Edited by George Catcher
  • Thanks 1

You know what's funny?

I've engaged Kraken solo 2 times. I failed but survived. Today I accidently found out that group of ppl plan to fight Kraken together. I joined. I meet trolls. And I lost my Brig.

I mean, you didn't think trolls are in PVP only, right?

-------------------------

We gathered to do V1 Kraken, and after that V2. While we were there, some guy launched V2, and every1 who didn't wanna do that, HAD to do that, captured in fight circle. We've done this fight, I'm now have this Journey of Gods quest complete with all feats CD -40%, but then... I'm on my way to Voyage of Power remember? So we stayed, for V1. Some guys asked some time for repairs and resupply, so we waited for them.

Unfortunately there is NO WAY to find if you inside Kraken circle or outside, until battle is started. I stepped back, but unfortunately it was not enough. Some trolls started V2 again, and due to lack of ppl inside and got V2 completed already, all decided to die to despawn boss. All, but few guys, who stayed there for 40 minutes demanded every1 to confess who started this V2 event (someone suspects it was them who started it btw).

vdg884J.jpg

After 40 minutes they died. All I saw after respawn is this:

GVYz6Zr.jpg

So bye-bye my lvl-42 Brig with legendary sails, legendary cannons and lvl-90+ crew. And you know what's funny. Past seasons I've been right here for couple of times.

- All gather for Kraken.

- Trolls start event, and survive there as long as they can.

- Players die and loosing their ships.

So remember what I wrote like hell alot of times here. This game requires GROUP FEATURE. So every1 could gather up. To sail there. To start event. Not like this, some one gathered, some one didn't, all by themselves, some trolls appeared, and started event, wasted 40 minutes of every ones time, and ruined everything.

I repeat. I've been there already. To be honest - every time I've tried to join the party ended like this.

Only difference - it's now 18K gold for BRIG and 7K for ship improvements.

So does it mean it's better to deal with V1 solo??? I mean it at least safer : ((

The worst is - I don't know what to do right now. I lost 25K to trolls guys. I now have 12K in my chest. My market with 8 active trading routes brings me around 180 gold everyday (it stable for past few weeks). To get 18K by trading I need to wait 34 more days... or should I build yet another Schooner, go for treasures again, then build another brig, level it again, catch another 90+ crew, then try to do Kraken solo again, then do more treasure to gather another 22K for Kraken ship I wish to test???

I don't think I'll make it until next wipe is comming.

And yeah. DEVS. I know you busy to inventing more fascinating stuff for like 0.0001% of your player base, and probably won't come up with group feature in nearest future. What you can do right now to solve the situation is:

- Make Kraken battle circle visible somehow before battle begins. So every1 know if they are inside or outside, and they won't be caught in sudden battle started by trolls.

- Make Kraken engage radius visible as well, to ease gathering for the fight.

- Make it possible to get out from the battle within few minutes from the start, so after trolls start battle, every1 can escape.

- Make it possible to get in the fight within few minutes from the start, so every1 who didn't get inside circle in time would be able to join.

P.s - with 39 ppl took part in the first V2 fight - all was LAGGY AS HELL. Ping was around 180-200 with 255 spikes. When tentacles sparking - FPS dropped to 5-7, and ping grew to "steps through ocean" state. One guy was ejected to the ocean by his ship. I was out of steering wheel for repair purposes and couldn't use it again. My pathfinder just stretched out his arms forward and got stuck in this condition. I had to reload the game to be able to control my ship again, and after that I didn't risk to get out from steering wheel.

Oh and due to lags, damned ship didn't shoot, just moved around.

Edited by George Catcher
  • Sad 1

Nice try George, sad to here that you failed that close and got trolled as usual on PVE... well because PvP is to hard for some but they want to be pirates vs others at least while safe themselfes. Unfortunately 1 of 39 is enough to do so...

I remeber my own Atlas starts when i played 3 weeks PvP to switch to PVE to learn the game first. We failed several times attempting the kraken too. Our trolls started before everybody was ready... so 15 ships outside and 1 inside not fighting. 3x in a row they did so. Also to die was a good strategy but unfortunately everybody has too but you don't know them. Maybe some of them did not understand that death will end the fight.

The boss fights are not in development right now so we have to deal with this quests as they are. It would be great to have some option to choose the V1 or V2. For example there could be a voting of all players in the >visible< circle that lasts two minutes for example. In the ICE Dungeon there is a lever and it depends on the players who pulls it if he has access to V1 or V2. Your idea for an option to leave the fight in the first 2-3 minutes sounds good but this could be also abused by trolls. Disconnect or bugs are an issue as well when you can not respawn. Don't use a scope on the stearing wheel. No mather what this fight is great because you have to survive.

Also on PvP the fight may start when you finished it and are surounded by enemy fleet to hunt you down for this one^^

your ship:

Your build is good and you had a good ship for this trial. But you cannons on the rear deck get destroyed. The high kraken bolt damage is only against build structures but not vs. planks and gun ports. And as you said they do splash damage. You should only use gun port cannons or cannons placed at the front/center. Also close your gun ports when possible with the risk they may not open some times hitting "R" the first time. Build your Bed and chests etc. in the front of the ship and may place two beds. You can also build a plattform for rear facing cannons(kiting build) like a sports car rear spoiler for absorbing damage as the bolts auto aim you rear highest point if you drive fast.

Well I installed Atlas again to check if PVE server is really no where to build and i want to test the trading. Actually i managed to place a bed and build a small dock for a sloop and tamed two bears. I wonder if i can find a place in the arctic regions?

@Dev CrusherYour comment is quite funny. This is no story about "naked" heros. You have to put in much effort and prepare yourself to deal 9x with hydra and then beat the Kraken solo. You blaimed Chukiki several times(for reason) but this statement of yours does not honor your reputation.

• Thanks 1

I still think this post should be pinned up to the top as it is very great wiki for peaople who struggle or even never try this quest.

So I used one weekend to do it myself on the PVE server. I was prepared with a Brigantine leveled up to Lvl45 with 220% resistance and 200% damage skilled and placed masterwork planks 130-140% and masterwork cannons <140% 5x to the rear and also 4 mystical 175% cannons on my broadside for the kraken fight. Most Hydra Spots are pretty worth to kite it to the ship. I finally ended up killing her 7 times in E7 which was pretty easy. I also prepared carabins but i found out that you reload to slowly solo. So i switched to a bow and after that it was very easy to lure the hydra to the ship. So i needed about 2 hours to get the remaing 7 stones and about 1 hours to drive to all cages. Yes i know the way to reset the expire timer which is only 2 hours. So my advise as George also said make all Hydra kills at E7. I needed about 150 cannon shots for each hydra kill. Some shots miss and you need sometimes some salves to make hydra follwing you when she looses agro to early. Also i burned 3 times running to the stearing wheel or climbing up the ship. But with a quick respawn(only PC) you have the chance to agro her again before she turns with the ship cannons.

Hydra respawns when you harvest her body but the spawn can change to another one. I did not find a way to make her spawn always on the same spot but E7 they are all very close and there are no wild creatures to worry bout while searching her spawns. Cyclopse and Stone Elementals can be lured away with 2-3 respawns and then you are safe in your Hydra killing.

Due to the buffer overflow i was not able to kill Kraken on day 1 because i could not log in to the server for about 4 hours. Luckily my ship did not get sunk by SotD during this time as i crashed while crossing borders into a bad server... but it did not have a red wall.

So after completing the mentioned ship build above with master work large handling sails and some more broadside masterwork cannons on the left i went over to Kraken grid the next morning. My NPC crew had all over 500HP lvl 120+. I placed all NPCs under deck to the broadside cannons and did not use the rear cannons during Kraken fight. My plan was to drive always clockwise using my mystical cannons. it turned out that my 200% damage skilled ship with 175% damage small cannons only needed two bullets to destroy one tentacle. Tentacle HP is 1500 and the above mentioned cannons did close to 800 damage. I had 1200 amunition and with this build it was a lot of spare amunition left. With a 6 cannons broadside common 100% and no ship skill on damage 6 bullets do about 6x200 dmg so it's not enough to kill one tentacle in one shot.

As i was solo i got a lot of damage to my rear planks and had to repair them... actually two times i had water leaking in but i did not loose a plank. This is also because i got bugged one time into a tentacle and was not able to destroy it as the 40+ SotDs following me surounded my ship. So i had to sink about 10 of them and use all my knowledge to get my stuck ship turned into the tentacle to destroy it. I also endured on lightning attack of the tentacle during that epiusode so i was really close to loose. But with prepared  healing kit and improved healing skills + monkey for healing buff i survived that one^^ So it was  quite a task and in the end my 1k wood/thatch rep resources was completely used. My rear facing cannons where not destroyed but the wood celings and some of the cannons where down to 200-300 HP so it was more luck that they survived that one. Biggest failure or issue is when you stop your ship because the bolts than hit your side... i was close to loose some of the below deck boradside mystical cannons as well due to the one time i got stuck. When you drive the Kraken lightning bolts hit only the rear of your ship so you only need to repair the upper rear plank. Bolts damage to planks is low but if you see damage numbers above 1000 they are hitting your cannons or wood structures. Beds etc. should be placed in the front of the ship. You can also cover them with grills.

i got two times more into the lightning but i had set the curse of my ship correctly and my man already targeting the tentacle so while i was healing they destroyed that one.

Conclusion: For unexpirienced captains the Kraken fight solo can end up in a desaster... even with some luck they may get trough it in the first attempt. I was a little unlucky especially in that one moment but with about 2k hours in PvP and lots of sea fight expirience i did now how to stear and repair ship solo. Also i had set up/prepared everything corectly. If you do mistakes in preparation you will fail this fight most likely.

Edited by Nacona
  • Like 1

https://antihax.github.io/

This is the link to an interactive map which shows the Hydra/Dragon spawns, route of the ghost ship and traders ships. It shows the amount of every single resource you can gather at a island as well. The pictures of George with the Hydra Spots are from this map.

• Like 1