Ninja of Bedlam

Diving attachment on raft

Yesterday I saw a raft with a mini diving attachment on it. How do you get that to work? It has snap points but always says obstructed when I try to place it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What you wanna do is go ahead and forget you even saw that travesty. Don't build or use a raft. For the same effort make a sloop.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

What you wanna do is go ahead and forget you even saw that travesty. Don't build or use a raft. For the same effort make a sloop.

I can’t unsee it though, and I need to know how they accomplished it. Someone has to know the secret.

I've used a raft with a diving attachment since I started playing.  Of course, you lose the ability to haul any significant amount of resources and initially more than 5 companions.  But sometimes I prefer it to boats lol It's just so silly but so much fun. You have to place the attachment before putting anything else on your raft. You also may have to pull into deeper water first as I've occasionally found that it won't place if where you're sitting in really shallow. I hope this helps, and happy sailing :-)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JadeRain77 said:

I've used a raft with a diving attachment since I started playing.  Of course, you lose the ability to haul any significant amount of resources and initially more than 5 companions.  But sometimes I prefer it to boats lol It's just so silly but so much fun. You have to place the attachment before putting anything else on your raft. You also may have to pull into deeper water first as I've occasionally found that it won't place if where you're sitting in really shallow. I hope this helps, and happy sailing 🙂

Lol, that's just too silly for me. I know I'm playing a game that allows me to fight cyclopses and dragons and krakens, but a diving attachment on a raft is just too unbelievable for me.

• Haha 2

On 2/17/2021 at 11:42 AM, Chucksteak said:

I can’t unsee it though, and I need to know how they accomplished it. Someone has to know the secret.

7 hours ago, JadeRain77 said:

I've used a raft with a diving attachment since I started playing.  Of course, you lose the ability to haul any significant amount of resources and initially more than 5 companions.  But sometimes I prefer it to boats lol It's just so silly but so much fun. You have to place the attachment before putting anything else on your raft. You also may have to pull into deeper water first as I've occasionally found that it won't place if where you're sitting in really shallow. I hope this helps, and happy sailing 🙂

I have tried it from every angle I can and in deep water but is just says obstructed. It is a fresh raft that I just crafted so nothing is on it. It is something I would probably never use but when I saw it I thought oh that would be a funny thing to have sitting around.

When placing it did you try swappng to first person?

Edited by Ranger1k

@Ninja of Bedlam

Maybe try swimming next the raft and placing it?

Another possibility is its been patched out and the one you saw was a legacy raft..

Edited by Ranger1k

I hadn't made a raft since the latest update and resulting wipe of the server I play on, so I thought maybe they'd broke that aspect too. So I tried the other day and it worked fine for me. I'm not sure why you can't get it to snap. I would have put the picture on here, but I couldn't figure out how to post it.

Edited by JadeRain77