Sign in to follow this  
Icarus666

single player crashing

I've been playing single player on XBox and once I leave the grid I spawned on and try to restart game the load screen freezes an I get dash boarded.  I've deleted save files and tried again and again and always the same results once I shut down on a different grid the save gets corrupted. I even uninstalled and reinstalled. Is this a know problem and should stop playing for another 6 months.

• Like 1

Singleplayer is str8 unplayable on the PC, in my opinion. You WILL run into a game-breaking bug that you can't get find a workaround for. I can only imagine it would be even worse on XBOX.

Save games get corrupted whenever you play in the current version of the game.
At least in single player or non-dedicated. It started a while ago, but it's not fixed yet.

• Like 1

Has anyone been able to keep a single player save file for more than a day on Xbox? It literally gets corrupted and won't load everyday causing me to delete and start over.

I’ve been playing for weeks Xbox ocean map single player.

See my post about large islands. The Xbox can’t handle the graphic load in certain demanding areas. F8 Grafsor Island is massive and I lasted a while initially but then crashed after 30 - 40 seconds. I don’t have a fix, just a strategy: escape the region (outside the “Discovery area”) by saving every 30 seconds or so. It takes patience but I found my save file was intact so could carry on. 
I’m hoping someone has a workaround better than mine, otherwise it’s a case of avoiding large islands until there’s a new patch.

Ritual, does it take awhile to load the single player? For some reason on the loading screen it makes it to the bar that says "ocean" but doesn't go any further for me. I waited 45 mins the other day and never loaded. I delete the save file and it loads right up but at the point I have obviously lost all progress. Then it is rinse and repeat.

Honestly it's garbage that people have had to wait this long for these bugs to be fixed. I bought Atlas and Ark when they were released and still haven't got my moneys worth out of Atlas. Ark is good to go mostly so why haven't the developers put in the effort needed for Atlas? Just.my opinion.

• Like 1