Sign in to follow this  
Hende

Powerstones

I would make these world pve events, once a week an island unlocks. I don’t think your thoughts of killing a hydra is shooting 2000 arrows high up or drowning it... people in the zone show up and build on island for 24 hr window etc then hydra shows attacking everything or have the power stone in them middle and have to build up defenses around powerstone over a 24 hour period and then over an hour dammed/hydra/dragon etc try to get to the stone to destroy it. It’s needs work. 

Today I for the 1st time went there solo and tried to destroy hydra.

NW spawn point of Hydra in E7 is in the middle of the woods and she simply can not pass through trees. There are alot of big rocks there, and... it is a way to kill hydra solo. Just hide behind the rock and shoot. I use crossbow. In order to keep Hydra engaged, there are at least 6 crossbows and at least 600 bolts needed. You just wait behind the stone until hydra attack, then step back, shoot and hide behind stone again.

Pretty simple.

The only problem was - I had cyclops came, and while I dealt with him, hydra got her heads back. And yeah. As far as I understand we can kill just one hydra on one island 8 times and within an hour after each kill, go to every powerstone we want.

But yeah I agree. This hi-end content made totally wrong way. We have to find exploits, run naked, climb cliffs etc. No matter what type of armor we wear - it wont help us survive there. No matter how mythic weapon we hold - it wont help us to defeat mythic creatures. I doubt DEVs ever had their vision of how we should deal with these goldens. It looks like they made a temporary unbalanced version and then... new team, do all weird stuff etc.

Edited by George Catcher

On 2/14/2021 at 3:11 PM, George Catcher said:

Today I for the 1st time went there solo and tried to destroy hydra.

NW spawn point of Hydra in E7 is in the middle of the woods and she simply can not pass through trees. There are alot of big rocks there, and... it is a way to kill hydra solo. Just hide behind the rock and shoot. I use crossbow. In order to keep Hydra engaged, there are at least 6 crossbows and at least 600 bolts needed. You just wait behind the stone until hydra attack, then step back, shoot and hide behind stone again.

Pretty simple.

The only problem was - I had cyclops came, and while I dealt with him, hydra got her heads back. And yeah. As far as I understand we can kill just one hydra on one island 8 times and within an hour after each kill, go to every powerstone we want.

But yeah I agree. This hi-end content made totally wrong way. We have to find exploits, run naked, climb cliffs etc. No matter what type of armor we wear - it wont help us survive there. No matter how mythic weapon we hold - it wont help us to defeat mythic creatures. I doubt DEVs ever had their vision of how we should deal with these goldens. It looks like they made a temporary unbalanced version and then... new team, do all weird stuff etc.

Dude, all you need is 1 schooner, 2 people, a rifle, some canister shot, and 2 swivels on the back of your schooner. 

Dude, all you need is 1 schooner, 2 people, a rifle, some canister shot, and 2 swivels on the back of your schooner. 

I later done all by schooner with 4 usual common cannons. So there is just my experience. I also saw guys who farm mythos by a Brig with 17 mythic cannons on a stern 225% damage each. Hydra couldn't reach waters lol : ))

Some say, they do it with like 40 bows and 2000 arrows.

Some say, they somehow do it with grenades.

And yeah. One important pro-tip. If you gather hydra's corpse (with pick, or axe until her body disappear) she then respawn the same spot immediately. I wish I knew that, doing powerstones. It would save me a lot of time.

And yeah. There is a way to reset keystone timers. You've got any info about how to do that???

s5WGDCB.jpg

Edited by George Catcher