Sign in to follow this  
George Catcher

And so I didn't buy Majestic Kraken.

I just wanna sum my last couple of days playing. I was back to atlas to test this Majestic Kraken ship, because I really wanna all battles in Atlas go to this real boardside fight state (no shotguns, no kiting etc), and both Ramming Galley and Majestic Kraken - good step to that (even tho Ramming Galley still useless in PVE).

Unfortunately those 75 squid tentacles for this ship was some kind of "brickwall" preventing me from buying one. So I just wanna ask devs.

1) - Is this new Majestic Kraken - not for Solo players and small companies? 

2) - If you wanna solo/smalls obtain one - HOW DO YOU SEE THEY DO IT?

How do I obtain those squid tentacles playing solo? Lets check some numbers.

Buying 75 tentacles from players.

- Current PVE Official price for those 75 tentacles is 50 000 gold. My market with 8 active routes since Jan-16 produced me 21 000 gold. So... should I stay inland for 3.5 months, and wait until my market generate enough gold? Or you said you wanna us to go to the ocean? (and don't forget that most of player don't set their trading routes due to huge warehouse limit radius).

- Average purple bottle brings 1000 golds (most of them are lvl-8-10 or so, it's 700-800 golds and some can be up to lvl-20 but these are rare, I've got lvl20 twice this season) so you wanna us to ride a Schooner for couple of months and do all that digging, for more than 70 high level bottles??? (it's more because 20% of those maps leads to inaccessible spawn points). 

Trying to hunt squids solo with NO submarine.

So... there are some ways I guess, but again. Let me get straight. Squids are in trenches. So we need to dive there. Squids are REALLY RARE!!! I spent 2 days diving in different trenches. 2 times in G7, three times in G5 and once in I3. And in those couple of days I met just 3 squids and around 20 ppl who do their hunt for them as well.  

Some say - squids are hiding between trench and ocean depths, and all you need to do is to dive and when trench lights up, watch up. But I didn't meet a single squid there. And even more. They are invisible with no healthbar outside the trench. 

- Diving as is with spear gun is pointless. You soon be facing eels. They'll kill you and you'll spend next 15 minutes trying to kite eels from your corpse, in order to bring your stuff back. There is a huge chance you wont and sail back to base naked.

- Diving suit is useless too, due to small radius from ship. You need to explore whole trench, not just small area around the boat.

- Tortugar is useless due to lack of stamina that not regains in swimming state.

- The only option you have left is dolphin (and possible seahorse).

Dolphin.

- They are actually really easy to capture. You need skill in beastmastery for underwater taming. You need all in oxygen skill and all in swimming speed. Also you need a spear gun. You dive, watching shark come to you. Kill it with spear gun. Gather primal fish meat. Then you dive to where it turns dark and search dolphin there. While in surface dolphins are swimming from you, in dark depths they will swim close to you and try to stay this way. Just hold still, watch your oxygen and tame.

- Trenches are cool. Trenches are beautiful. You'll get a lot of discoveries swimming near bottom and around trench structures. There are cold down there (from -5 to -20) so you'll need to swim to the surface to regain health. I have 50 fortitude, rejuvenation lvl-2, equilibrium buff and 1 skill in water temperature resistance. This is not enough to not experience freezing. You drive dolphin with "shift" watch your oxygen and health and have some fun.

- And yeah, when you riding a dolphin - you not attacked by most of underwater creatures, unless you swim too close to them. Dolphin dramatically reduces aggro radius.

Unfortunately dolphins are NOT for squids killing. Lvl-1 dolphin do 15 damage per hit. Lvl-15 do like 23 damage. Lvl-15 Squid has 1 000 hp, and kills your dolphin fast.

Common Spear Gun has 138 damage. I couldn't shoot from dolphin back, because this way spear gun damage a dolphin. I had to jump of dolphin and shoot. Squids are really fast. The best I could is to hit squid 3 times before he get melee. In melee squid grabs you and kills you in 2 hits. So... I guess if you lucky enough to get good 150%+ damage spear launcher and meet a single lvl-1 squid, you'll be success. Otherwise - you dead, and squid won't allow you to gather your stuff back.

Oh, and don't forget - there are a lot of ppl do their hunt. So. If you spot squid and didn't kill it the very moment you spotted one - then some1 else will do that. 

And after you done - release dolphin to the wild. He won't follow your boat anyway.

Seahorse.

I didn't try this one. If I can tame one with sea grapes or seaweed, I'll probably give it a try. But I doubt it will be able to land 1 000 damage to squid and don't die in melee combat.

Submarine.

So far the best way to search and fight squids is submarine. So... cool question here is - how do I complete "Voyage of power" solo? Is there a way? Using exploits maybe? That's what devs are wanna from us? Anyway. I saw guy easily killed 2 squids at once with a single submarine.

And... grinding.

In 2 days I've met just 3 squids. They are really rare and each trenches I explored, I met from 3 to 5 guys at once, do the same. Do their diving around and searching squids. 

Guys said each squid gives you 5-8 tentacles, so you need 10-15 to be killed. It's around couple of weeks exploring depths of trenches with submarine.

- You just spending hours and weeks diving around and do nothing.

- Or few months riding a dolphins, and searching for lvl-1 squids.

- Or you spend a month sailing through empty ocean, farming bottles.

- Or you spend 3.5 month in your base, waiting for trading route generate enough gold.

All ways are so long and boring!!! You, Grape Guys, really meant that???

I only wanna say to DEVS - this Majestic Kraken should be really cool. And I mean it. REALLY COOL and WORTH all efforts you made players to put in to obtaining one. Because if it is same useless, glitchy as Ramming Galley, then... it wont be just mockery of players. It will be a bullying of players. Evil taunting the players. The best way to make players sad and unhappy I've ever seen.

p.s. - You try to check some statistic numbers, related to Ramming Galley and Majestic Kraken. You'll notice that there are so few ppl bought those (it's possible that there is actually NO ONE bought Kraken yet. Or it less than 10 ppl whole officials. You don't wanna release some stuff you put so many efforts in to, for just 10 players, don't you?

Edited by George Catcher

- obviously not a PVE ship... no back cannon for SOTD farming...
- damage system is still not equal to the old ships... still has to be tuned and the old ship system be removed... but we will have to wait for the new modular ship system... (these are gold ships = different)
- Majestic Kraken max speed is 21kts... old ships are 24-26kts... not a PVP ship... but sign of the things to come: slower ships in grid, but wind highways for sector travel...

• Like 1

obviously not a PVE ship... no back cannon for SOTD farming...

Well... you know, I farm SOTDs a lot. And I have NO back cannons. Due to huge fan of sailing age ships, I do it old fashion way - board side sail by fighting. I use just common brig for that with additional 4 guns on my deck (so it's 10 cannons each side). I even already came up best design for that. And this is really challenging and fun. Approach from right angle, use right wind direction and "dance" with damned ships.

I took down hundreds of them already, even lvl-60 and lvl-54 galleys at once. Fought 11 damned ships at once as well, etc. So... personally for me no back cannons is not a problem. But this new module system, and repair patch kit stuff, and this tiny ladder hole to lower decks - those are need testing and comparing to regular brig. Especially in real high level battles.

That's why I really do wanna test this thing in PVE.

Edited by George Catcher

18 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

challenging and fun

=/= meta...

more power to you, we do the same thing with our PVP ships vs SOTD, but dedicated SOTD-ships uses the back cannon meta... for obvious survival min/max reasons... we all hate it... the problem is the dumb design of the SOTDs...

and again the gold ships are not the modular ships... they just play around with the same intended section repair system... have not seen the modular ships yet...
but if the actual modules have buff/debuffs the combination of modules makes 'thousands' of combinations for unique ship designs... not that BS structure spam we have right now and not use because of the weight meta...

• Like 1

have not seen the modular ships yet... but if the actual modules have buff/debuffs the combination of modules makes 'thousands' of combinations for unique ship designs...

I'm looking forward to check it out : ))

Edited by George Catcher

TBH idk how u have such low return on your market. I make 20k gold a day with one 30g trade route partner.  1x1 metal and wood. I think you need to work on that. Tentacles are easy we have an xbox player who got a kraken boat solo the day it came out. Also if no squid are in the trench kill jelly fish and sharks will clear the squids to spawn. Sea horses do work btw

Edited by Spicy_Churros_Ttv
  • Like 1

TBH idk how u have such low return on your market. I make 20k gold a day with one 30g trade route partner.  1x1 metal and wood. I think you need to work on that. Tentacles are easy we have an xbox player who got a kraken boat solo the day it came out.

Well... I still don't understand how those tradings works.

- I set 1x1 wood for wood, fibers for fibers, thatches for thatches and stones for stones.

- I get for trading: gems, gunpowder, cannonballs, ingots, parrot eggs. I didn't set all of that. Why I get that? I don't know.

- Sometimes it brings me around 1600 gold a day. Sometimes it 1000 gold. Or 800 gold. Or 400 gold. Or 150 gold. Or NO gold at all. Last few days I didn't get a single coin as income. Why? I don't know. It just works this way. Devs made this stuff dramatically unclear.

Tentacles are easy we have an xbox player who got a kraken boat solo the day it came out.

I do believe there is a way for solo players. I just didn't find one yet. I asked alot here and in game chats, about the best way to farm them solo. And all I've got is:

- You check between trench and ocean depths. When trench lights up - you look up and search tentacles lights.

I did that and didn't find a single squids there. In 2 days I found 3 squids at the middle part of trench. I spent like hours and hours diving with dolphin and swim whole trench from left to right and back. And there were no squids at all. Maybe I should check those arctic H10 or far from every freeport E1 trench?

I have to compete with other players searching for squids. There are usually from 3 to 5 another players swimming through trenches.

- And I need somehow to kill squid. I've got an advice to use high level spear gun and search for low level squids but... It's just making things even more complicated due to lack of choice who to kill.

I still up to any advise for that : ))

Edited by George Catcher

Aaaaand little update to Voyage of Power solo.

I found the place where I could damage hydra hiding behind the stone in forest. I took my crossbow, and... well. Each head required 100 bolts and 80% of crossbow health.

Fighting hydra hiding behind the stone, I was able to take out 2 of her heads. Then cyclopus appeared. I had to step back to my ship, to deal with cyclopus. By the time I've done this, hydras heads were regained. So... it didn't take that long to destroy cyclopus (I mean it was faster than I deal with single hydra head). So. Does it mean I can not kill hydra solo, because I'll just won't take out all 5 heads in time, before all head will be restored???

Any info about hydras head restoration is welcome here.

p.s. - First attempt was to lure hydra to my boat, but do it solo is extremely hard, because there are tons of mythic creatures around, and I just keep running and dying, for like 140 times. Then game start to stall. I've got:

- Random pathfinder slowdowns with no reason.

- Random respawn point changes. I had to click my boat each time on a map after I died.

- Random health my pathfinder was respawn with. Sometimes it was 100%. Sometimes it was 100 health.

- Random respawn timers. Sometimes this 1 minute cooldown was starting only after I was killed.

And of course this is totally not fun to run naked and die for like 4 hours in a row (why devs hate players that much...).

Hi george. Hydras are pretty easy when you get the hang of it, but yeah can be hard without the right gear/suppluys. First u need to choose a good island,like e7 or e5 or f7, not too many hard monsters and the spawn is close to beach. then the gear. u want 1 loaded carbine,2-3 loaded pistols. and a tiger/lion thats fast if the hydra is deep inside, and u can jump back on boat, u can run quickly and shoot it far away from mount. or u take a glider and go find it,shoot it glide towards boat,shoot again so u dont loose aggro, then also have full plate set,med kit,monkey. Weapons on boat, i rekommend a catapult with 4-6 barrels,or cannons (4-6 back cannons)if u have like 150-200 cannons with u. I prefer cannonballs because of the long range instead of cannister shots,

and if u have a sloop with no cannons, juat take it out in the ocean and it will drown here is a video, its a good spawn,but my tactic works for most of the islands.we completed last week 7 powerstones in 10hours straitght, With 2 of my friends. on pvp server, 

Edited by hartsia
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2021 at 2:41 AM, George Catcher said:

I just wanna sum my last couple of days playing. I was back to atlas to test this Majestic Kraken ship, because I really wanna all battles in Atlas go to this real boardside fight state (no shotguns, no kiting etc), and both Ramming Galley and Majestic Kraken - good step to that (even tho Ramming Galley still useless in PVE).

Unfortunately those 75 squid tentacles for this ship was some kind of "brickwall" preventing me from buying one. So I just wanna ask devs.

1) - Is this new Majestic Kraken - not for Solo players and small companies? 

2) - If you wanna solo/smalls obtain one - HOW DO YOU SEE THEY DO IT?

How do I obtain those squid tentacles playing solo? Lets check some numbers.

Buying 75 tentacles from players.

- Current PVE Official price for those 75 tentacles is 50 000 gold. My market with 8 active routes since Jan-16 produced me 21 000 gold. So... should I stay inland for 3.5 months, and wait until my market generate enough gold? Or you said you wanna us to go to the ocean? (and don't forget that most of player don't set their trading routes due to huge warehouse limit radius).

- Average purple bottle brings 1000 golds (most of them are lvl-8-10 or so, it's 700-800 golds and some can be up to lvl-20 but these are rare, I've got lvl20 twice this season) so you wanna us to ride a Schooner for couple of months and do all that digging, for more than 70 high level bottles??? (it's more because 20% of those maps leads to inaccessible spawn points). 

Trying to hunt squids solo with NO submarine.

So... there are some ways I guess, but again. Let me get straight. Squids are in trenches. So we need to dive there. Squids are REALLY RARE!!! I spent 2 days diving in different trenches. 2 times in G7, three times in G5 and once in I3. And in those couple of days I met just 3 squids and around 20 ppl who do their hunt for them as well.  

Some say - squids are hiding between trench and ocean depths, and all you need to do is to dive and when trench lights up, watch up. But I didn't meet a single squid there. And even more. They are invisible with no healthbar outside the trench. 

- Diving as is with spear gun is pointless. You soon be facing eels. They'll kill you and you'll spend next 15 minutes trying to kite eels from your corpse, in order to bring your stuff back. There is a huge chance you wont and sail back to base naked.

- Diving suit is useless too, due to small radius from ship. You need to explore whole trench, not just small area around the boat.

- Tortugar is useless due to lack of stamina that not regains in swimming state.

- The only option you have left is dolphin (and possible seahorse).

Dolphin.

- They are actually really easy to capture. You need skill in beastmastery for underwater taming. You need all in oxygen skill and all in swimming speed. Also you need a spear gun. You dive, watching shark come to you. Kill it with spear gun. Gather primal fish meat. Then you dive to where it turns dark and search dolphin there. While in surface dolphins are swimming from you, in dark depths they will swim close to you and try to stay this way. Just hold still, watch your oxygen and tame.

- Trenches are cool. Trenches are beautiful. You'll get a lot of discoveries swimming near bottom and around trench structures. There are cold down there (from -5 to -20) so you'll need to swim to the surface to regain health. I have 50 fortitude, rejuvenation lvl-2, equilibrium buff and 1 skill in water temperature resistance. This is not enough to not experience freezing. You drive dolphin with "shift" watch your oxygen and health and have some fun.

- And yeah, when you riding a dolphin - you not attacked by most of underwater creatures, unless you swim too close to them. Dolphin dramatically reduces aggro radius.

Unfortunately dolphins are NOT for squids killing. Lvl-1 dolphin do 15 damage per hit. Lvl-15 do like 23 damage. Lvl-15 Squid has 1 000 hp, and kills your dolphin fast.

Common Spear Gun has 138 damage. I couldn't shoot from dolphin back, because this way spear gun damage a dolphin. I had to jump of dolphin and shoot. Squids are really fast. The best I could is to hit squid 3 times before he get melee. In melee squid grabs you and kills you in 2 hits. So... I guess if you lucky enough to get good 150%+ damage spear launcher and meet a single lvl-1 squid, you'll be success. Otherwise - you dead, and squid won't allow you to gather your stuff back.

Oh, and don't forget - there are a lot of ppl do their hunt. So. If you spot squid and didn't kill it the very moment you spotted one - then some1 else will do that. 

And after you done - release dolphin to the wild. He won't follow your boat anyway.

Seahorse.

I didn't try this one. If I can tame one with sea grapes or seaweed, I'll probably give it a try. But I doubt it will be able to land 1 000 damage to squid and don't die in melee combat.

Submarine.

So far the best way to search and fight squids is submarine. So... cool question here is - how do I complete "Voyage of power" solo? Is there a way? Using exploits maybe? That's what devs are wanna from us? Anyway. I saw guy easily killed 2 squids at once with a single submarine.

And... grinding.

In 2 days I've met just 3 squids. They are really rare and each trenches I explored, I met from 3 to 5 guys at once, do the same. Do their diving around and searching squids. 

Guys said each squid gives you 5-8 tentacles, so you need 10-15 to be killed. It's around couple of weeks exploring depths of trenches with submarine.

- You just spending hours and weeks diving around and do nothing.

- Or few months riding a dolphins, and searching for lvl-1 squids.

- Or you spend a month sailing through empty ocean, farming bottles.

- Or you spend 3.5 month in your base, waiting for trading route generate enough gold.

All ways are so long and boring!!! You, Grape Guys, really meant that???

I only wanna say to DEVS - this Majestic Kraken should be really cool. And I mean it. REALLY COOL and WORTH all efforts you made players to put in to obtaining one. Because if it is same useless, glitchy as Ramming Galley, then... it wont be just mockery of players. It will be a bullying of players. Evil taunting the players. The best way to make players sad and unhappy I've ever seen.

p.s. - You try to check some statistic numbers, related to Ramming Galley and Majestic Kraken. You'll notice that there are so few ppl bought those (it's possible that there is actually NO ONE bought Kraken yet. Or it less than 10 ppl whole officials. You don't wanna release some stuff you put so many efforts in to, for just 10 players, don't you?

Right to the point.

Unfortunately the devs just HATE small groups and solos with every part of their hearts.

They just love huge megatribes and YouTubers.

Message to the self-proclaimed solo superheroes in mythical armor and with mythical carbine, who solo one-handed Hydra, Kraken and God : It is NOT possible ! The average solo can never have gear above blue.

So no sub and no squid for you, Mr. Solo 🙂

And no Kraken ship.

P.S. Thanks for the dolphin hint. I did not manage to tame one in diving suit close to the surface. Dont know if i want to gimp my spec just to tame something that is useless

Edited by Dev Crusher
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2021 at 7:41 AM, George Catcher said:

Well... I still don't understand how those tradings works.

- I set 1x1 wood for wood, fibers for fibers, thatches for thatches and stones for stones.

- I get for trading: gems, gunpowder, cannonballs, ingots, parrot eggs. I didn't set all of that. Why I get that? I don't know.

- Sometimes it brings me around 1600 gold a day. Sometimes it 1000 gold. Or 800 gold. Or 400 gold. Or 150 gold. Or NO gold at all. Last few days I didn't get a single coin as income. Why? I don't know. It just works this way. Devs made this stuff dramatically unclear.

I do believe there is a way for solo players. I just didn't find one yet. I asked alot here and in game chats, about the best way to farm them solo. And all I've got is:

- You check between trench and ocean depths. When trench lights up - you look up and search tentacles lights.

I did that and didn't find a single squids there. In 2 days I found 3 squids at the middle part of trench. I spent like hours and hours diving with dolphin and swim whole trench from left to right and back. And there were no squids at all. Maybe I should check those arctic H10 or far from every freeport E1 trench?

I have to compete with other players searching for squids. There are usually from 3 to 5 another players swimming through trenches.

- And I need somehow to kill squid. I've got an advice to use high level spear gun and search for low level squids but... It's just making things even more complicated due to lack of choice who to kill.

I still up to any advise for that : ))

hey sorry it took me a sec to get back, make sure your market name is something like 1x1 everything so others know you are a trader on that level. ONly trade other markets named that so you know right off the back they will trade back to you more than others. the cannons balls gems and dif woods alloys are random event generated rewards given to you by the game for successful trades along with gold. you could be making more/less gold depending on how much is in your warehouse. I setup 10 stacks of wood in my warehouse to trade and it last a day or two. I will get back 10x stacks of some other wood multiple types. when you do 1x1 you chose the wood on the left like strong wood but trade it for default on the right side that gives you the option to get back x6 types i.e if you want the ability to trade iron for cobalt/tin/copper/iridum/silver you put it on the default metal and it asks for all those types if you want just iridium you ask for iridium but if no one in your trade partner system has iridium you wont get it. sorry for the huge run on paragraph hope it helps. also make sure YOU HAVE ACCEPTED TRADES in your sysem got to look for new trades sometimes bc your partners warehouse gets blown up or something

10 hours ago, Dev Crusher said:

Right to the point.

Unfortunately the devs just HATE small groups and solos with every part of their hearts.

They just love huge megatribes and YouTubers.

Message to the self-proclaimed solo superheroes in mythical armor and with mythical carbine, who solo one-handed Hydra, Kraken and God : It is NOT possible ! The average solo can never have gear above blue.

So no sub and no squid for you, Mr. Solo 🙂

And no Kraken ship.

P.S. Thanks for the dolphin hint. I did not manage to tame one in diving suit close to the surface. Dont know if i want to gimp my spec just to tame something that is useless

You are wrong a the average solo player can easily get mythic gear and craft it with markets it's soooo easy Please quit thinking its hard. I can do kraken solo with a right sided brig. repairs and all. 

• Like 1

Huge thx every1 for all advises. Got my 1st Hydra down totally solo (shoot one with riffle, then glide to my ship and kite her in the ocean shooting from stern cannons. The only difference from video above - my cannons do 220 damage each. so it's around 300 cannonballs each hydra).

But let me get straight. Do I see it right? The Voyage of Power is:

- To gather 8 powerstones?

- To gather 9th stone from ghost ship?

- To kill a Kraken, right?

Meaning to get battle ship for killing kraken, I need to kill Kraken first?  What's the point of it then? It's like I play World of Warcraft and in order to kill one boss I need to get lvl-300 gear, but to get this gear I need to kill this boss first...

Edited by George Catcher
  • Thanks 1

On 2/15/2021 at 9:06 AM, Dev Crusher said:

You can easily solo a hydra with normal plate armor and normal bow and arrow. I have done this before. OK easily is not the right adjective. But it is harder to find it and get into position than it is to kill it.

I THINK you can solo the kraken. But I do not think you can solo it with normal gear. I could be wrong, but I did see a youtube of a dude doing it solo.

Not sure what you are talking here. You can gather all powerstones and kill the Kraken in one or two week(s). After that you can farm tentacles. I farm them pretty easily without effort. It takes 2-3 hours to get all tentacles. No problem.

We were 3 people in our company. This game is way to easy so what´s the problem sir? Do you need tips and tricks? Atlas has a lack of content because you can do everything without effort. Just play it smart. I play this game for over 2k hours now. You only need a schooner to play this game. 5k gold and then you can do everything.

Edited by Caine

Not sure what you are talking here. You can gather all powerstones and kill the Kraken in one or two week(s).

Yeah, I do understand that now. It just not obvious. For example, how do I know, that If I kite hydra in the ocean it stops shooting and just follow my boat, so I can just kill it with my stern cannons??? Only by watchin youtube videos, and it's not "play smart" it just "watch guides to exploits and repeat". 

Maybe one guy will spend like couple moths to gather all mythic armor and upgrade it, then go for lvl-16 treasure and... he will be killed by damned warrior with one hit. And I spend half day to tame high lvl tiger, make a Grog, and make this treasure done in common armor with a shovel in my hands.

All past mmos experience doesn't work here, and you need to know all guides, all exploits, all weird working stuff, to get success. I'm not sure if devs meant that. I just wanna remind that when first fountain of youths appeared, there were like hundreds of 100 years grandies, running naked to this fountain. Doesn't look smart enough for me. More like ancient barbarian mechanic, just to rush.

You only need a schooner to play this game.

So, you mean you can solo Kraken with just Schooner? Why then guys who gather party to Kraken only accept Galleys and Brigs?

Edited by George Catcher

5 hours ago, George Catcher said:

Yeah, I do understand that now. It just not obvious. For example, how do I know, that If I kite hydra in the ocean it stops shooting and just follow my boat, so I can just kill it with my stern cannons??? Only by watchin youtube videos, and it's not "play smart" it just "watch guides to exploits and repeat". 

Maybe one guy will spend like couple moths to gather all mythic armor and upgrade it, then go for lvl-16 treasure and... he will be killed by damned warrior with one hit. And I spend half day to tame high lvl tiger, make a Grog, and make this treasure done in common armor with a shovel in my hands.

All past mmos experience doesn't work here, and you need to know all guides, all exploits, all weird working stuff, to get success. I'm not sure if devs meant that. I just wanna remind that when first fountain of youths appeared, there were like hundreds of 100 years grandies, running naked to this fountain. Doesn't look smart enough for me. More like ancient barbarian mechanic, just to rush.

So, you mean you can solo Kraken with just Schooner? Why then guys who gather party to Kraken only accept Galleys and Brigs?

I have the feeling that you are an inexperienced player. That´s not a problem for sure, but when I read your text I have the slight feeling you need to improve your game knowledge. People are taming razortooths solo, do powerstones solo and lot´s of other stuff. It´s in fact a matter of experience. You can also do the hydra solo with grenades and tactic. The schooner is totally fine for a kraken event, maybe do the event so you know why? I did everything in this game and I do a lot solo. Sometimes it´s frustrating but in the end I have learned a lot. Just do it and find out. Most of the stuff you say is just not correct. It´s more like you don´t know much about the game yet.