ATLAS

Patch 522.3 - The Majestic Kraken hits the Shores!

13 minutes ago, Pant said:

If you are in your companies base making grog or some other mundane task and your friend runs into another ship. You and everyone who is not (a couple, sibling or close friend) would prefer to put waterskins into a barrel then to spawn over and join the fight?

I would prefer to continue w the task at hand usually... 

Aliright, quick update from me here.

No Majestic Kraken before voyage of power is done.

In last couples days I visited trench at G7 twice, trench at G5 three times, and trench at I3 once, searching for squids. At I3, after server reload, I finally found couple of squids.

I was using a dolphin to explore the trench, and after I found a squid, I tried to shoot my spear gun from the back of dolphin. Unfortunately dolphins made the way, so if you shoot from the back of dolphin, you shoot at the dolphin. I jump off the dolphin and tried to shoot squid myself. Common spear gun has 138 damage. Squid lvl-15 has around 1K hp,and really fast swim speed. I was able to shot 3 times before he got to mele radius to me (so to kill single lvl-15 squid I need spear gun with at least 333 damage, it's... well around 241% damage, highest level mythic, and it's no use if there will be 2 squids and more).

If he go mele, then grab you and kill in 2 hits. Also there is an issue, when squid grabs you it then teleport you aside. I once found myself inside the wall.

After I fail, I couldn't get to my corpse, because I was always grabbed by squid and killed in 2 hits (they have insane aggro radius, and yet another issue - they invisible outside trench and even healthbar doesn't show up). I had this 15 corpses with crab wheel cosmetic issue, and then all my stuff decayed and gone.

I really don't see the way to kill those squids with no submarine. Before I left - I saw guy in submarine, who easily killed both. So in order to test this new ship, I somehow need to learn how to complete voyage of power solo, using all exploits and stupid tactics (or search for other players to join the party, even tho - game has NO instruments to search and form groups).

Or... there might be a way to get this new ship, by buying 75 tentacles, but... I asked about it, and no one selling them. Every1 wanna just buy them, like 2K golds for 200 tentacles.

So... yet another 2 days of efforts and I'm saling back to base. Empty handed (yeah wit crab wheel cosmetic in my inventory). Sad. Naked with lots of stuff gone.

Grapes did gr8 job to make ppl sad, you know!

Edited by George Catcher

So, me and a friend have been playing on non-dedicated for the past few weeks, and there are too many problems we keep running into.

-Several graphical issues on his end with a computer that is more than able to run the game, including constant blackouts and invisible ocean, since we began a few weeks past.

-Cooked meals never seem to work properly for vitamins.

-Wild Pirate encampments usually have double layered walls that take extra resources to take down, plus it's a pain in the ass having to melee these NPCs off of their cannons, turrets and ships.

-Our own ships with our beds on them won't load into the appropriate grid when we die.

-We cannot figure out why islands we've settled on do not match the rest of the grids' biome.

-Our farmhouses and warehouses on other grids stop gathering resources while we're away, but burn through our fuel.

Since this new update, almost anytime we cross to a new server grid, his game files become corrupted and he is unable to load the game at all without restoring his backed up saves, which loses us hours of progress each time. This is persistent and now we are reloading every 5 minutes.

Anyone got input on these problems, or griefs over the same ones?

Edited by BeastADQ

4 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

I would prefer to continue w the task at hand usually... 

But now we are going circles. Your original argument was to keep people off the bench. You sitting at home making grog while your company is pvping is basically the definition of being on the bench. 

32 minutes ago, Pant said:

But now we are going circles. Your original argument was to keep people off the bench. You sitting at home making grog while your company is pvping is basically the definition of being on the bench. 

Yes you are going in circles, attempting to employ the ad nauseam rhetorical tactic for some reason...

And one more update from me related to this Majestic Kraken.

As I told above - there is a way to buy 75 tentacles from some players. So... the ship will cost you 22K gold. In PVE Official 75 tentacles will cost you additional 50K gold. (I never had this amount of money even in most active treasure hunting season).

The reason is simple. Squids are extremely rare (in 2 days I met just 3 squids). Each gives 5-8 tentacles. They difficult to kill, and alot of ppl hunting them for seahorse taming (I wonder if someone will buy this Majestic Kraken, and then it'll turn out the ship same useless as Ramming Galley lol).

Edited by George Catcher

On 2/12/2021 at 12:39 AM, Stewy12 said:

The issue is I try and stay away I can’t out run the brigs that target me in a schooner. So not pretty simple. Also I feel like the game should have better ship battles with the cannons not who can land the first explosive barrel wins 

That means you’re loading your boat way to heavy with the wrong setups. Your boats are most likely specced role play  because if someone barrels me I laugh at them and take off their broadsides or sails. I would be happy to give you some pointers I just feel like you’re doing some very common mistakes that can be fixed pretty easily. If I see a barrel boat and they happen to be faster than me I ain’t shooting cannon balls I’m going for sails because they have to get close to be effective. With the fire bolts now doing damage to sails it is something they have to address and it’s very easy to prevent a barrel  boat for coming in close enough to barrel you. If their sails are burning they have to address it right away or they are a easy sink. So either they have to grid, drop sails entirely, or use water barrels to put them out and while they are messing with their sails they become a easy distracted target.  If someone is using their speed against me and they are much faster than me well in playing slow game. That means I’m turning my sails out of the wind and moving very slow so either they give up and go on their way or they get greedy and get close enough. If someone is faster than you then simply don’t play the speed game and slow down the fight. What I mean by turning sails out of the wind is just turning the sails to yellow, orange,  or red but keeping them at full open. You can turn your speed sails back into the wind much faster than you can open or close sails and will give you pretty quick acceleration to avoid or dodge. 

way too often I see players trying to play the speed battle with a ship that is faster than them and you will lose that fight almost every time. Slow down the fight keep your broadsides aimed in their direction since you know they have to get close and you don’t. 

Edited by Reeking cannonbait
  • Like 2

Please stop doing things that encourage players to stay docked. Do you even watch your player counter? It’s dropped on this patch and not increased. I’m in a larger company gold cost doesn’t effect me that much but it effects a whole lot of others. People are now afraid to lose their ships.🤦‍♂️ Now that bp drops are trash I don’t want to take out my mythical boats because replacing them is now a huge chore. You say you want people to sail and be on the ocean well stop doing things that make people not want to sail!! 

p.s your new ship direction is trash dump it before everyone quits. This games one and only major selling point between other games in the same genre is building and customizing your ship to your play style. That’s it that is  what you’re selling. 

you say markets produce enough gold to make ships. Okay. Then why are so many players unable to place warehouses and markets because of radius mechanics? A schooner is a base level decent ship make it cost 500 gold or something. Getting on the ocean with a decent boat is way to hard for new players and smaller companies. The ocean is boring nobody is sailing. If I lose a brig oh well that’s sucks was fun but I will have another in about 30 minutes. Small companies lose a brig fuck this I quit  it took me weeks to months to get that gold. THAT IS A HUGE  PROBLEM DEVS. 

Edited by Reeking cannonbait
  • Like 2

You say markets produce enough gold to make ships...

If you interested, I have like maximum 8 trading routes since Jan-16, and within a month my market produced 21 000 gold. So... in order to buy this new Kraken ship for 22K and 75 squid tentacles for 50K - I should wait inland for almost 3.5 months : ))

Edited by George Catcher
  • Confused 1

It's interesting how video games are made to help and enable players to escape the stresses of life for a while, yet whenever a monetary and economic system is introduced, the real world starts to infect the virtual one.

Edited by Whitehawk

On 2/12/2021 at 11:48 PM, BeastADQ said:

So, me and a friend have been playing on non-dedicated for the past few weeks, and there are too many problems we keep running into.

-Several graphical issues on his end with a computer that is more than able to run the game, including constant blackouts and invisible ocean, since we began a few weeks past.

-Cooked meals never seem to work properly for vitamins.

-Wild Pirate encampments usually have double layered walls that take extra resources to take down, plus it's a pain in the ass having to melee these NPCs off of their cannons, turrets and ships.

-Our own ships with our beds on them won't load into the appropriate grid when we die.

-We cannot figure out why islands we've settled on do not match the rest of the grids' biome.

-Our farmhouses and warehouses on other grids stop gathering resources while we're away, but burn through our fuel.

Since this new update, almost anytime we cross to a new server grid, his game files become corrupted and he is unable to load the game at all without restoring his backed up saves, which loses us hours of progress each time. This is persistent and now we are reloading every 5 minutes.

Anyone got input on these problems, or griefs over the same ones?

The simple answer is that this game is sold with a single player option but this single player was never addressed by the devs to work well and there was no changes nearly since the release in 2018. All this bugs are known but they will not be solved. You can play on online servers or you play solo single player using all admin controls(cheats) to deal with that.

On 2/11/2021 at 1:14 PM, Chucksteak said:

just calm down.

These words, are never the right response, especially when your opinion is the miniority. Take yourself elsewhere.

Edited by Captain Dingbat

On 2/11/2021 at 2:39 PM, Captain Dingbat said:

...Grapeshot is really doing things badly and apparently completely ignoring players. 

I was pointing out that this statement is false both empirically and literally.

I care not if you think your view is held by most, becuase I am telling you facts, not opinions. Facts do not care how many people do or do not believe in them.

The fact is that Grapeshot is doing lots of things we the players asked for. You lacking the ability to read and comprehend this fact is not on me.

So I say again, just calm down.

Write a list of everything you know most people wanted in the last 12 months. Then compare that to what we have recieved in the last 6 months. (PvP only obviously,  no one cares about PvE)

It's ok to be wrong in your belief. People go to church everyday, and there are over 200 religions. They all believe they are the only correct one.

Edited by Chucksteak

How ironic chuck that you only state facts not opinions and then add the phrase, (no one cares about pve) . But don't worry it's ok to be wrong eh? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

How ironic chuck that you only state facts not opinions and then add the phrase, (no one cares about pve) . But don't worry it's ok to be wrong eh? 

Lol sry bout that. I wont lie, I considered making that say what I meant. But thought the underhand was to tempting to resist.

No one cares about PvE who is employed by GS. Is what I meant. I know there is a die hard following of players. 

But it IS a game about being a pirate. That is fundamentally not possible on PvE. Every complaint I see from PvE is solved by PvP mode. Every patch and addition seems PvP oriented. 

Sorry for getting you wrong there chuck. And yeh they have made a lotta changes for pvp.  I'll be honest though I think SOT has the edge if you just want a raging sea battle.

15 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

Sorry for getting you wrong there chuck. And yeh they have made a lotta changes for pvp.  I'll be honest though I think SOT has the edge if you just want a raging sea battle.

Oh absolutely. I'm of the opinion that GS should take everything they can from SoT, mechanically speaking. So many things are so much better. Yeah the graphics suck, the map is too small and the content is really only PvP. But its so simple it works great. Atlas ironically has decent graphics, it did have a big map (wish we could go back to it), and lots more sandbox content. However they fucked up the parts SoT did perfectly.

The difficulty in doing so is that SoT is a purely skill based game, and Atlas is more of a progression based game. I wish it weren't so much, but a lvl 120 will beat a lvl 50, and a mythic boat will beat a regular boat 99.99% of the time. I think there is a happy middle ground to be found, weather or not GS is able to find it. The new modular ship design looks to be a step in the right direction. We'll see.

But yeah, SoT is baller for what it does.

Reading this lame update and all the new crybabys venting their anguish is making me want to vomit. 

all i want to know is, attacking and looting physicalized trade ships, when?

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Like 1

-Armored docks need to be removed from the game
-puckle npc's need to be vulnerable
-gold cost for self crafted ships needs to be removed
-farmhouses need to be removed
-no dmg penalty (ship classes)
-no gun mini game
-HP of shipyards needs to be lowered
-a lot of special buildings are too cheap (light house, shipyards etc.)
-ridden animals should auto attack
-no more cool down on recently placed cannons
-ships should be insta captured if beds are destroyed
-structures must be capturable
-small characters should get a damage penalty, while super large ones get a damage buff\
-cannons need to be pick-up-able and be placable on enemy foundation to raid efficiently
-fix that bug where after u use praying eyes u cant pull out ur weapons, and increase duration
-remove peace/combat mode
-blueprints need to be removed 
-aging/hair growth way too fast
-remove shaking earth effect caused by animals
-no more ship crew limits
-remove all chores like treasure hunting etc. from the game
-players shouldnt spawn on freeports, and freeport, there shouldnt be a safe zone
-remove gold cost from explosive barrels
-remove ships of the damned
-no more treasure maps
-horses are too slow, elephants start with too little HP and weight capacity
-nerf mace, shield stun, buff sword
-crossbow needs severe damage upgrade
-Cannon balls are too slow, and ships accelerate/stop too fast so that they can  simply dodge all shots.
-after destroying a warehouse you should get all the loot inside, not a fraction
-bar shots need to be removed
-no character upgrades like HP etc.
-player name join notification needs to be removed
-Tiger/lion remove his noise when he jumps

On 2/19/2021 at 1:00 PM, chukiki said:

-remove shaking earth effect caused by animals

Why dont you just turn it off in the settings?

-bar shots need to be removed

If you remove bar shots, sailing would basically become 100% safe.

-gold cost for self crafted ships needs to be removed
-ships should be insta captured if beds are destroyed

Ship gold cost is the only reason I would ever even bother to capture a ship in the first place and i+f you remove gold cost every company would hit ship cap on day 3.

-no gun mini game
-small characters should get a damage penalty, while super large ones get a damage buff\
-nerf mace, shield stun, buff sword
-crossbow needs severe damage upgrade
-Cannon balls are too slow, and ships accelerate/stop too fast so that they can  simply dodge all shots.
-no character upgrades like HP etc.

This i can agree with. Would also like 100% headshot damage back.

Most of the other stuff you suggest would just turn the game back to season 1 offline raiding again and shooting\baby sitting structures 4am in the morning is not something i miss.

• Like 1

Fck this game i die on sea and my ship is removed WTF, please devs fire yourself.

This is the sixt time, this game is unplayable................................rip Atlas

On 2/16/2021 at 3:38 PM, Chucksteak said:

Lol sry bout that. I wont lie, I considered making that say what I meant. But thought the underhand was to tempting to resist.

No one cares about PvE who is employed by GS. Is what I meant. I know there is a die hard following of players. 

But it IS a game about being a pirate. That is fundamentally not possible on PvE. Every complaint I see from PvE is solved by PvP mode. Every patch and addition seems PvP oriented. 

Its absolutely possible to make a great pirate game thats PvE.

For example I love Red Dead 2 single player but find the online version a terrible, blatant money grab.

😀

Yeh a pve Pyrate game is entirely possible, especially with npc ships and crew etc. The only problem I have with Atlas pvp apart from unbalanced battles etc, is the fact that it's not a Pyrate game in pvp because all you do is fight each other, which Pyrates rarely did at all. If all they did in the golden age was kill each other no other forces would have allied up to put an end to it. Atlas is NOT a pyrate game, its a survival game with Pyrates and Pyracy in it. Oh and i'm forgetting the other great Pyraty stuff like, Flying dragons, submarines, blah blah blah etc.

• Thanks 1

Fck this game i die on sea and my ship is removed WTF, please devs fire yourself.

This is the sixt time, this game is unplayable................................rip Atlas

And now my game is gone, i have to make a new pathfinder OMG

-Armored docks need to be removed from the game
[...]
-Tiger/lion remove his noise when he jumps

There are some points i could agree with your opinion but lots where is do not agree at all. Going through the hole list is too much effort. Some of your points i would even consider as bullshit.

Puckle NPCs should not take damage from ranged weapon because they would be useless if so. But their easy spam now is a issue. No need for crew transport ships and sailing anymore.

Farmhouse are not bad but should work 1 tribe has max 1 per island gathering all resources. placing distance for farmhouse is ok or maybe a little far to avoid abuse of several tribes with second accounts.

Warehouses should be available for more tribes per island = reduce placing distance.

HP of shipyards are good. You don't want to lose them(your mystic one) by 1 cannon horse in 5 minutes, do you? But they should not be spamable as shoreline or harbor protection with a placing bug.

Ships on open Sea not green anchored should be capable in like 15-30 minutes time. Instant capture is maybe historical correct but i think not balanced for a MMO. Current capture time is too long. Otherwise the enemy just needs to destroy one plank to sink it before capture or during capture.

blueprints are the reason to play this game for long time, to go out and find all types of resoures(before trading). Maybe they should be balanced a little less powerful to max 175% structure/damage + crafting buff. Sails buffs are great besides the weight sails that should change the cargo rack 20% slow down.

moveable cannons.... holy lord NO... you have already cargos for strong tames which is fine. 90kg cannons should have even more weight.

Horses speed is too slow.... you can pass puckles that don't shot you because you run to fast for them to turn... Ever tried to catch a running cannon horse trolling around on your island? You can bola or hook but that said it is not easy to do so.

Auto attack of animal when they get attacked while you sit afk on them? Good idea...not... don't go afk

capturable structures is a fest for offline "raiding"? I think you consider a timer before the expire timer ends? Well would be nice to capture a very good island with bases and a harbor that may took the builder 1-2-3 month to set up? LOL

small character is good for land combat and needs a debuff there. But I for example make small character as it's more options to make a safe cabine around the ship steering wheel for mortar protection or against snipers without loosing 3rd person view. Ship building and game mechanics know how.... others would say an exploit...

ship crew limitcan be an issue but i think it's not anymore. You do not need crew transport ships anymore. Also crew is i think minimum 50kg each which slows your ship... make sure you throw their clothes away xD If you do not level crew your ship structure and damage can get more level so more powerful.

Following this the skill points for ships are currently a very well balanced system. Also Weight was balanced well in Season 3/4. It got changed but i do not play season 5.

remove whale, treasures, SotD,... remove all PVE content? Do you want a even more boring game? Players ask for more to do on the seas. I only agree there are bugs with treasures that could be fixed or improved. Drops should have more value... getting grey stuff from a lvl 60 red galeone.... or 110% damage mystic cannon? No Drops of ship sails... that's the issue.