ATLAS

Patch 522.3 - The Majestic Kraken hits the Shores!

2/10/21 8PM PST- We are aware of some server issues with the latest update and are actively working on a fix. We appreciate your patience as we troubleshoot this incident.

2/11/21 1AM PST - The fix for the servers has been released and after a couple hours of careful monitoring we have determined the servers are operating normally. Thank you again for your patience and understanding. 

Ahoy Pathfinders!

A new ship will be sailing into harbor with the new patch.

The “Majestic Kraken” will be available from the ship salesman, it's a streamlined vessel that not only looks deadly but packs quite the punch if she gets her tentacles on you. That's because she's touting 24 cannons that provide 50% more damage. The Kraken will be similar to the previous Ramming Galley, with custom ship compartment load outs and repairable via the Patch Kit. So gather up your doubloons and release the… you know the rest.

In other highlights of the patch, along with a few more bug fixes, we've also taken another pass at the glider suit so you can sail the skies, for a reasonable amount of time. 

You get a blueprint, you get a blueprint, you get a blueprint... You guessed it, blueprint drops will be doubling and counts required are going down. So, go get your craft on.

Lastly, accordion music will wake creatures up faster after being tranquilized. Lederhosen and polka dancing are not required, but it couldn't hurt.

:anchor: Community Surveys :anchor:

Last patch, we asked our fellow pathfinders to take part in a community survey that would help the Atlas team gain better insight on the wants and needs of our community. Needless to say, we were overwhelmed by your participation and feedback and will be taking a lot of it into consideration. We would like to genuinely thank all who participated. To continue this series of engagement, we will have another community survey in the near future, this one will address recent concerns around ship construction and customization. We look forward to hearing more of your input and appreciate your support. 

:anchor: Released Patch Notes :anchor:

v522.3

New Ship: The Majestic Kraken
The Ship Salesman's inventory is expanding! His latest offering, the Majestic Kraken, features two rows of Gunports armed with 150% damage Cannons.

• Cost: 22,000 Gold, 75 Dried Squid Tentacles
  • Weapons: 24 Standard Cannons (150% Damage)
  • Max Level: 60
  • Sail Points: 6.0
  • Repair Resource: Patch Kit

Accordion

• Playing the Accordion in Free Play Mode quickly reduces the torpidity of nearby wild creatures, allowing them to wake up much faster after being tranquilized
    • The radius of effect can be increased by unlocking the Inspiring Music skills in the Music and Dance tree

Armored Docks

• Quality Blueprints for Small and Large Armored Docks have been added to loot drops
    • These have two stats: Durability (Total Health) and Effectiveness (Damage Resistance)
  • Decreased stack size from 100 to 1

Blueprints

• Increased the drop rate of Blueprints about double across all sources
  • Blueprints for Sails, Cannons, Planks, Decks, and Gunports now have much lower craft counts
  • Updated how quality is derived on Cannons
    • Quality is determined primarily based on Damage Percent
    • Durability contributes to quality at a much lower ratio
    • Stat values rolled are unchanged (same values should be generated, but quality of BP may be different)

Glider Suit

• Added a Stamina Drain Debuff
  • Max Pitch is now limited by stamina. At low stamina the glider can only go down
  • Camera Angle has been altered downward
  • Bug Fix: Dive functionality via the run button has now been fully removed

Harvesting

• Stone Harvesting nodes in the the remaining regions have been rebalanced to match the Copper Regions changed last patch
    • Iron is the most common metal now, and may be found in rocks
    • Other metals are no longer found in stone but may still be mined from metal nodes
    • Geodes may now drop from rock in all areas. Using a Geode will destroy it and may give some limestone, rock salt, and/or a small amount of different gems and crystals. Geodes may only be gathered by hand or with Tames, not with the Quarry or Farmhouse
  • Bug Fix: An icon for the Geode has been added

Ships

• Patch Kit repair time reduced from 5 to 3 seconds
  • Projectiles fired from Cannons in Gunports no longer explode if they hit the water's surface immediately after firing
  • Enlarged Gunports on the upper level of the Ramming Galley's front castle to prevent clipping
  • Bug Fix: Cannons in Gunports now correctly deal damage when ships are near one another
  • Bug Fix: Ship components can be demolished after crossing grids
  • Bug Fix: Resolved issue where all of the Ramming Galley's components were sometimes marked as Demolished
  • Bug Fix: Ship wake effects are now positioned correctly for the Ramming Galley

Tames and Creatures

• Added Enable/Disable Breeding option to tame command wheel
    • Breeding must be enabled to allow creatures to mate
    • Wandering is no longer required for mating
    • Following must still be disabled for mating
  • Unconscious or dead Horses and Bears can now be dragged
  • Bug Fix: A tamed Dolphin's rider now always receives the Dolphin Intellect buff when jumping
  • Bug Fix: Tamed Dolphins are now always able to jump after crossing grids
  • Bug Fix: Removed option to move NPCs onto Cargo Saddles

Trade

• Increased the Warehouse inventory cap to 120 stacks
  • Trades of the same resources may no longer occur (e.g. iron for iron)
  • Bug Fix: Agate (Flint) added to the Market so it may now be traded
  • Bug Fix: Resources tradeable in the Market should all now be able to be placed in the Warehouse

Misc

• Tranq Arrow torpor damage increased by 50%
  • Sea Fort walls no longer give resources when demolished
  • Updated the drop tables of a few sea creatures to give more stuff
  • Bug Fix: The Seed Vendor's inventory is now accessible in Single Player
  • Bug Fix: Resolved issue where some Warehouses and Markets would cause crashes

Known Issues

• Cannon wheels clip through the floor on the Majestic Kraken's lowermost deck
  • Painting has not been implemented for the Ramming Galley and Majestic Kraken and attempting to do so will result in some cosmetic errors.

:anchor: Final Note :anchor:

Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, meaning many things can and will likely continue to drastically change - even in the middle of development. Anything discussed is only up to date as of the moment it is posted. Features and changes that ultimately make it to the next patch, as well as timing, may be different from what was previously discussed. 
As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support! 🙂

UOvvruiX73LTjqpY0Z6myjKgQWb0TZ1dI_cGdu-W

Happy Sailing,

- ATLAS Crew

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas

Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas

Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas

Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

• Haha 1

Still for some reason you cant give us our boss EXP back but you can give us these fucking stupid ships 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

That double loot from all sources.. taht means double gold and mortar shells from lvl 60 galleons of the damned? if you doing things like that... whit lovering craft counts on sails blueprints... look on the loot sheet first.. my god.. now it takes ages drop decent or good sails blueprint.. and whit this change.. jesus christ

Was really hoping this update nerfed the explosive barrels. They shouldn’t be able to be launched you can take down any ship with 3-4 hits that’s to OP. Some people just say stay away from the ships with catapults, but the issue is I’m not targeting any ships I try and stay away from every ship. They target me and I can’t put run them. Especially when they follow you out of Freeport’s and wait across load zones. Also think bad idea to make armored docks stronger my island got trolled with them and they are hard to remove especially after the settlement owner demolish didn’t work for some reason.

Edited by Stewy12
Add

You assholes... my fucking ships are fucking gone!! WTF did you do!! you "fix" things but you break more than you fix!! I worked hard on my ships and this update you just fucked it all up... people are missing cannons... saddles... and multiple people's ships have sunk including mine. You don't know what the fuck you are doing and it shows!! Get a different job... you SUCK at this one 😠 

You just screwed SO many people... possibly just lost a HUGE amount of your player base because of this. I would suggest you do a rollback and see if that would bring back people's ships and such... 

It would be in your best interest to make this right... fix what you just broke.

HOW MANY FUCKING FAILURES BEFORE YOU FUCKING LEARN TO TEST

Five minutes of testing on a live test server would have revealed issues with your patch

Also, you need to keep everything shut down in these situations and not allow situations where one faction is locked out in offline servers and another can capitalize

Use your fucking brains

Patch started out good for me. The tile I logged out in was up quick and I could get in before my friends, my boat did not sink like some other people, I was in GA and could experience the new nearly double drop rates and the server just reset so GA was nice and juicy with sotds!  Things were looking great for me!700 cannon balls later depression is setting in. The nearly double bp rates from all sources did not effect sotds.The reduced crafts for bps is insane. I got a nice 166% large plank with 2 crafts. Now it is my bed time but I am trapped in this tile of depressing bp drops because the grids around me are not up yet. It is my bed time and I have my sleepy time pjs on yet I can not escape this hell. Why has this happened to me?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

So, in addition to all the other BS you just pulled without telling anyone (Forcing the new settlement system without putting it in the patch notes? Great.) I see you're still plowing right ahead with the new ship plan despite your entire customer base begging you not to. You are terrible at what you do.

• Thanks 2

I'm sailing now 20 knots whit my schooner, and I've noticed that my tiger-tame keep staying on the deck. He no more travels outside the vessel! If devs made some fixes to this issue - really huge thx for that! This is gr8!

4aNwOOv.jpg

UPD: A-a-a-and it's outside. So no fixes : ))

Edited by George Catcher

I think everyone needs to chill.  This game is not yet released.  This is by definition beta testing.  THERE WILL BE HICCUPS!  

Dear DEVS, though some people are over reacting I would hope that you are responding to trouble tickets about losing ships.  That is a lot of hard work to lose.

LOVE THIS GAME!

10 hours ago, Stewy12 said:

Was really hoping this update nerfed the explosive barrels. They shouldn’t be able to be launched you can take down any ship with 3-4 hits that’s to OP. Also think bad idea to make armored docks stronger my island got trolled with them and they are hard to remove especially after the settlement owner demolish didn’t work for some reason.

Spy glasses help. Look at the other ship and if you see catapults don’t get so close. Pretty simple. 

sell ur game already to a competent company, ur ruining the game.

nobody wants to pay 5k coins for a schooner or do nonesense trade and has his ships in invincible docks

The whole point of the road map was to get people out at sea and Pyrating as soon as possible I believe. Yet everything you are doing to the game now seems to contradict that. After playing sea of thieves I can appreciate while it is still relatively popular (although overpriced for the content) SOT does allow you to get sailing straight away. Don't get me wrong, Both atlas and SOT have good and bad points, Atlas has an npc crew for solo and small company players, SOT doesn't and I think it should. SOT also has no safe areas. But the ships are more realistic if not a bit cartoony, there are sail designs available and ship colour themes, Whereas atlas ship paint just looks rough. If both game devs took the best bits from either game, both Atlas and SOT would be phenomenal.

Any chance we could get the spawn codes for the new ship.

Thanks

Never mind found it on discord

Edited by kell wolf
  • Haha 1