Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Spicy_Churros_Ttv

Pre Crafted Ships a step in the Wrong direction.

Recommended Posts

@Pant

     Repair is not the sole argument, but IS a major pain the ass in my opinion. When I used to dock my galley checking the deck, cannons, steering wheel, podium, sails plus every ceiling and wall felt like a chore. I'd rather repair 5 things than 25... You disagree, that's fine. Also I clearly stated that there's multiple reasons to transition but somehow you missed that statement also. Sure, ok bud.

I apologize, I thought you read other peoples posts also and the patch notes and understood that theres MANY reasons to rework the current build system. Apparently this isn't the case.

"Tantrum" 🤣, lol, yea ok. If I'm throwing a tantrum your engaging in pidgeonholing and offering disingenuous "input".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ranger1k

If you play PvP and you are in a ship fight you are happy to have so much parts for repairing when you are playing the repair man. Also a good captain can avoid combat for some seconds to give his repair man the time to repair. Of course in a "fleet fight" you are doomed if you are the one that gets grappled. THis is because of the lag of tactics and naval knowledge of the players. If you consider the fil "Master & Commander" those two ships hunted each other over month... or if they face each other they need hours to get in attack range if one does not want to start fight with an disadvantage. If you look at large sea battles in the 18th/19th century for example in the Napoleonic wars Britains vs Nether Lands you can see line tactics the british introduced and the nether lands improved with ship signal flags to turn aginst the british. But we don't want to play a game like the real life battles happened. So i think we all are happy with out survival and farm game which gives us also the content of ship battles. I like the 3 class system so far. A fast agile small ship, a medium agile and fast ship and a heavy fortress with worse turning. As explained on PvP only noobs start with this youtube best ship builds but expirienced players just lough about those and drive fast - mostly with handling sails.

Is there an exploit in the current ships? Maybe one.

You can reduce weight by don't carry repair material. You carry diving attachments and spare planks. If you run out of metal you add and remove the diving attachment. If you run out of wood, fibre and thatch you delete one lower deck full life plank and place a new one. You may safe 1000-1500 kg by this knowledge.

What happens with the new ships? you have less lags because of less structures, ok i may agree. But regarding repairs you have the kit with close to no weight -> hugh exploit? You don't need that much repair hammers(only a few kg). Some think the NPCs cause more lag than structures.

I think it's more than a year ago when there was an anouncement that stated the old 3 ship types used to take about 1 year of modelling as every plank along the ship has different geometry. This is an issue that may can be solved by less modules but it is a big change in the game mechanis of a sea fight. The balancing will be difficult. I think in about 1 year shooner, Brig and Galleon will be removed from game. Until than we have to deal with both ship types... alpha testing the new once and playing with the old. I hope we still have the option to build ships without gunports for transport but why do that if you get all resources by trading. I also liked the option to make special purpose ships like whale hunters, harbor run shooner with turtle roof for sneaky attacks, graple gallys with low weight speed build, combat gallys with small cannons for cutting sails, combat/attack gallys with large cannon, harbor run gally with turtle design to brake into harbors, special torpedo brig/gally, transport brig/gally for weight and tames, brigs with large cannon for long range heavy damage, brigs with only 3-4 cannons boradside for speed,... Everybody who says there is no diversity is completely wrong. Best sample was Season 4 start when american mega joined the EU PvP with their meta speed sails large cannon gally builds and speed sails stern cannon brigs learning that they can only run on EU Server with handling sails and small cannon bar shot design. PvP players remove all rear cannons on EU once the ship is max level. Also i had arguments against the increased ship level but it's now more fair. The gab between lvl 52 common and lvl 62 max ships is less than before. You are not forced to hunt those rare shipyard blueprints anymore.

What the game is missing is fair battles regarding the amount of ships facing each other. But this is up to the players. You can ask others for a 1:1 or 2:2 fight and they may accept.... but of course they can send also 10 vs you or deny the battle at all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nacona

     I really enjoyed your post and you do bring up some great points. Very few people i knew could go whaling on PvP and consistently make it back on my level. I took pride in my ability to do so. Also yes building a turtled ship for a 5 person harbor run was fun.

     Regarding repairs I disagree though. You ARE correct when you state that some people enjoy being a repair person. However I think most people would prefer to operate a ship and participate in large fleet battles. So I think less sections to repair would mean that more people could be a "pirate" and fewer would be stuck as a "repair person".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ranger1k

So we have different opinions about that and we both are somehow right. Future will tell us if new ships have 30k HP each module for example and before 6k each plank. It's a balancing issue. For Solos more easy to repair of course. As i mentioned in another topic there are lot's of players out there that are not able to stear a ship in combat, but for those it is a great expirience to be part of the combat.

I recommend to watch youtube videos searching for " Atlas EU PvP" most of this is land fight (Jugalvi, decoyy) I am not sure if Zeroden is playing anymore but there are some fleet combat videos out there. It's chaos and nobody wants to be the one grappled to sink. There is never a total comitment, the weaker side always runs, the stronger side always hunts. New Videos of latest patch are from Don Toni for example who shows his "solo" play which leads to sunk ships. I played with him for one year and make him buy PC instead of playing Xbox. I know he is a good captain with two years expirience but you make one mistake and your ship is gone, that's the game. But you invested building a common gally in 2-3 hours(not consider farming) and level it up to 50-60 which takes you 15-20 hours. Than you upgrade to legendary of mystical(1,5h) and again it's gone in 5 minutes if you are the one that gets grappled by enemy fleet. I hated gallys as their loss did hurt me pretty much but some have fun playing them as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they can coexist, it's up to the devs again to balance this right, so, on both sides nice ships to have.

and the building system is used as entrypoint for everybody, building your 1st ship, but ofc it should not be only that alone.

because of this fact, gold cost in that building system should go.

Edited by photek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The new Kraken ship cannot turn without the sails open HOLY Crap thats terrible the new kraken ship also when the front or back plank are 0 hp Instantly sinks. Man Imagine still having a known bug in the "new" boat system and then adding onto it.

 

ANY BOATS AS THEY WANT.

Edited by Spicy_Churros_Ttv
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

 

On 2/24/2021 at 4:00 AM, Nacona said:

@Ranger1k

So we have different opinions about that and we both are somehow right. Future will tell us if new ships have 30k HP each module for example and before 6k each plank. It's a balancing issue. For Solos more easy to repair of course. As i mentioned in another topic there are lot's of players out there that are not able to stear a ship in combat, but for those it is a great expirience to be part of the combat.

I recommend to watch youtube videos searching for " Atlas EU PvP" most of this is land fight (Jugalvi, decoyy) I am not sure if Zeroden is playing anymore but there are some fleet combat videos out there. It's chaos and nobody wants to be the one grappled to sink. There is never a total comitment, the weaker side always runs, the stronger side always hunts. New Videos of latest patch are from Don Toni for example who shows his "solo" play which leads to sunk ships. I played with him for one year and make him buy PC instead of playing Xbox. I know he is a good captain with two years expirience but you make one mistake and your ship is gone, that's the game. But you invested building a common gally in 2-3 hours(not consider farming) and level it up to 50-60 which takes you 15-20 hours. Than you upgrade to legendary of mystical(1,5h) and again it's gone in 5 minutes if you are the one that gets grappled by enemy fleet. I hated gallys as their loss did hurt me pretty much but some have fun playing them as well.

I agree with allot of what you said other than upgrading a boat to mythic/legendary

The amount of time it takes to farm the correct blueprints and find good sails to make it worthwhile could be up to 3-4 months.. If you have done all the work before hand and this is all sitting in a box sure it takes 1-5 hours to build the ship.

Edited by Spicy_Churros_Ttv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spicy_Churros_Ttv said:

The new Kraken ship cannot turn without the sails open HOLY Crap thats terrible the new kraken ship also when the front or back plank are 0 hp Instantly sinks. Man Imagine still having a known bug in the "new" boat system and then adding onto it.

 

ANY BOATS AS THEY WANT.

I saw a Majestic Kraken yesterday on the PVE server. It had 3 medium speed sails - WTF! So it maybe get only 2 large sails? the double gun ports have 7,5k HP. The lower rear and front 10k and the front and rear castle have 15k HP. I think the HP are to low to compare it with a Brig. It has lots of cannons Broadside but HP are more like a shooner or even worse? I don't think it can have a place on PvP... Well you would need to know the Speed of this ship and how it's weight is affecting that. Can you place diving attachment or cargos?

1 hour ago, Spicy_Churros_Ttv said:

 

 

I agree with allot of what you said other than upgrading a boat to mythic/legendary

The amount of time it takes to farm the correct blueprints and find good sails to make it worthwhile could be up to 3-4 months.. If you have done all the work before hand and this is all sitting in a box sure it takes 1-5 hours to build the ship.

Yes the time to prepare and settle up to get a mystic galleon can be pretty long. Mega tribes may need only 1-2 weeks. For a solo it can take easy 3 month on PVE... on PvP you would get wiped before.^^ So I excluded the farming time as it is different. Trade Routes may help now but they work only to a distance of two grids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just my salty 2 cents but ship building is currently rampid with several exploits, granted in mp some of these they have worked on weeding out a little but in pvp there will always be meta designs and here its a darn turtle ship with chasers. My small amount of time on official pvp this is what i saw most the time, it really takes away from the fantasy aspect of the game. I love the custom ship building but i do feel it should be way more limited so people are forced to build more realistic tall ships and actually be good at naval combat.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2021 at 1:25 AM, Nacona said:

 

Yes the time to prepare and settle up to get a mystic galleon can be pretty long. Mega tribes may need only 1-2 weeks. For a solo it can take easy 3 month on PVE... on PvP you would get wiped before.^^ So I excluded the farming time as it is different. Trade Routes may help now but they work only to a distance of two grids.

 

I am in a mega and it still takes us 3-4 months to find the good bps unless someone gets ungodly lucky the sails and now cannons take for ever.

2 hours ago, Bullslayer said:

just my salty 2 cents but ship building is currently rampid with several exploits, granted in mp some of these they have worked on weeding out a little but in pvp there will always be meta designs and here its a darn turtle ship with chasers. My small amount of time on official pvp this is what i saw most the time, it really takes away from the fantasy aspect of the game. I love the custom ship building but i do feel it should be way more limited so people are forced to build more realistic tall ships and actually be good at naval combat.

Can you list which exploits are plaguing the ships of this seasons? I have seriously not had issues this season with companies exploiting ships... I have seen the new ships put forth by the devs sink when they arent designed to... so ive seen broken updates from the devs but not exploits related to boats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bullslayer said:

just my salty 2 cents but ship building is currently rampid with several exploits, granted in mp some of these they have worked on weeding out a little but in pvp there will always be meta designs and here its a darn turtle ship with chasers. My small amount of time on official pvp this is what i saw most the time, it really takes away from the fantasy aspect of the game. I love the custom ship building but i do feel it should be way more limited so people are forced to build more realistic tall ships and actually be good at naval combat.

I wonder which PvP server you are playing... or everything changed in season 5 due to the barrels? On EU PvP all videos i see on youtube are with galleons and brigs that have handling sails - reduced weight build for most speed but with some catapults for barrels(compared to season 3/early 4) - and all cannons are in the gun ports because again less weight when closed. Some have rear 1-2 cannons or the catapult, that's it.

As already requested please tell the exploits?

Turtle build before adding the planks to exceed them is only possible while in the shipyard. For every PvP player i know this is PVE build which is so easy to sink i usually would let them pass because i think pur noob watched youtube ship builder guide. Well it could be a harbor run ship design but then you would not see any rear cannons.

9 hours ago, Spicy_Churros_Ttv said:

 

I am in a mega and it still takes us 3-4 months to find the good bps unless someone gets ungodly lucky the sails and now cannons take for ever.

That's very sad to here... well Devs add lots of stuff but most of them is bugged and not fixing the current bugs to reward players for actually playing the game. But time will show if they change the BPs soon to get worth stats depending on their class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in a mega and it still takes us 3-4 months to find the good bps

I wish to know where to find good ones btw : )) Last time I was hunting damned ships, for LVL-56+ damned Galleys all I've got is good quality fine (green) blueprints and low quality journeyman (blue) ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2021 at 6:50 PM, Whitehawk said:

Ship building is my favourite part of the game. However I would swap some of the build ability for more realistic Pyrate ships and decent interior design. When I first played ,the one thing that put me off from pvp were the floating fortresses that looked nothing like Pyrate ships at all, More like wooden pyramids. I don't want to play like that. But I havent liked anything about the pre fab items so far, ship or buildings.

Agreed for me meaning the biulding, whether that be on land or the ships without it I'd probably rather play sea of thieves tbh but the recent changes have already turned me off of official pvp 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2021 at 6:41 AM, twiztedmike said:

Greetings Pathfinder Spicy_Churros_TTV!

We, at GrapeShot Games, are so grateful for your feedback!  We can assure you we have 100% taken your feedback into consideration!  We have been working hard to introduce more realistic piratey elements into the game such as anchor turning and alternative methods to powering boat movement such as slave crew and oars.  These changes are not possible without modular ship building which we are working hard to introduce!  We believe this will provide pathfinders new ways to play and enjoy the game while delivering the most piratey experience possible!

Please enjoy!

Oh PLEASE !!! Give us a break here. After 25k plus hours in this game (YES that is correct) I thought I had seen it all but alas with every update and the stuffups that come from it just amaze me that these Devs of yours actually earn a salary.
Grapeshot Games and your Devs have proven yourselves to the community time and time again.
You DO NOT listen to us, and are certainly not honest with us.
You DO NOT give due dilligence to your work.
You DO NOT listen to reason.
You DO NOT apply logic to your developments...and so this list could just go on and on.
Your pompous, self-richeous arrogance leaves a LOT to be desired. 

Your pre-built ships are a joke (but no one is laughing) and are in fact so bloody terrible that you cannot even give them away! They are just an eyesore.
You talk about improvements and balances...do any of you know what that means?
EVERY update and your so-called improvements are a total disaster (Do not fix that which is not broken)
When something is 'fixed' then guaranteed it reverts back to a worse situation before the 'fix' after each and every update.

Today I have lost about 2 million in gold, rare resources and bases that took a lot of time and effort to secure - why? Well because you do not update the community as to what exactly will happen and just go ahead with your stupidity. If you hate this cash cow of yours so much, why not sell it to someone who actually would develop it into a world-class leading game? It has the potential for it as the many players have stated here over these past few years 😞



 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The amazing new claim process

On 3/1/2021 at 2:54 AM, Nacona said:

they are working on a new map and focus on new ships. I think the next wipe is not that close. Actually there are not much information about the majestic kraken out there. Looks like the gold is ready(for megas) but the 75 squid legs are some stupid requirement that may gets changed(soon).

 

On 2/10/2021 at 3:37 AM, George Catcher said:

I do understand that it's fun to do custom ship building, to set your design etc, but current ship building system leads to this:

tTULCCO.jpg

I mean it also some king of fun, but... as for me, totally wrong, and ruin all sailing age romance. Most of all - current ship system made the way, that we just need 3 ships.

- Small and fast one - Schooner.

- Battle ship - Brig.

- Large carrier and fast one - Galley.

All different purposes of ships made by our customs. Wanna more armor - add roofs, walls and ceilings armor as in picture above. Need more firepower - add some guns to deck and custom floors, etc. So we have like base (Schooner, Brig and Galley) and infinite amount of ship types - all your imagination came to.

BUT!!!

All of this: "I make ship for my playstyle" will anyway lead to only meta. And if you wanna survive, you'll anyway need to build a meta design. Usually it stupid looking.

New ship system with modules leads us to more real like ships. I mean from the picture above to these:

3nKSkb3.jpg

pPj2o8H.jpg

HDNTzOV.jpg

km6CCUA.jpg

FZfA9sb.jpg

aZWIzbC.jpg

The only thing DEVs made wrong with Ramming Galley is made it all from "blocks". What they should do is:

a) - Keep current frame, planks/gunports, decks (and current way to paint all). 

b) - Instead of separate sails - introduce "rigging". One piece of equipment, contain all masts, cables, ropes, ladders, flags, AND SAIL SPOTS were we then put sails of our choice (square or triangles). No more weight sails.

c) - Each deck should have square holes - those are spots for modules. The modules I see: 

- Cockpit - wide back part of ship with our room (bed for respawn, chest for gold, steering wheel on top of it)

- Berth (for crew, the more we have, then more crew we can hire).

- Cargo hold (for all our stuff. More we have - more cargo we can carry. All cargo holds connected together AND CONNECTED TO DINGHY. We can easily oneclick transfer cargo from ship to dinghy, which also have storage box).

- Ammunition - just one requires. Storage box for all our firearms balls, bolts, etc.

- Supply - just one requires. Small room with mess table, grille, food storage bags and water barrel.

- Small and large cages for tames transfer. No more tames in decks and no more elephants in sloop (also no more tames loosing in waters).

- Masterworks - just one requires. Small room contains smithy, mortar and pestle, and some kind of small forge.

- Outside attachements.

Maybe some pirate stuff, like armored room for valuables. Prison - for hostages, etc. I dunno.

Just because each ship has limited size of deck - we can not put all... I mean, with large frigate we can, but smaller ship, requires us to think - what do we need. So all our customization will be within our choice. Wither we need fast cargo vessel (then we have just few berth for sails crew, and else in cargo holds), or war machine (then - alot of berths for gun crew, and gunports) etc.. 

d) - Add some beautification layer (like lanterns set, some figures set, head figure etc).

And most important for DEVS. All those modules, rigging, beautifications might be in different styles. Like southern style. Nordic style. Etc. And DEVs can either sell addition styles as DLCs (I would buy all), or even put them to "lootboxes" and sell lootboxes. So more real income will come for game support.

That Atlas I would gladly play. With NO shotguns ships. NO roof covered rhombus ships. NO six masts vessels. Yes to jib and mizzen sails. Yes to boardside battles. 

Definitely NO to this!

c1cuPXe.jpg

You know since the kraken ship came out would you still double down on ball licking you did earlier for the devs? Their new claim system is terrible the new boat is even worse than the ramming ship after the community gave great feedback on what needed fixing. But hey atleast you wont have to fight a "shot gun ship" .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The devs do need to speed progress up. It's all very well quoting early access forever, but there will come a time when Atlas is so severely dated, that the gameplay issue will be the least of it. Once the gaming industry starts to move on, Games that are struggling will just sink. And if Atlas goes mainly pvp only then they will need to make the map smaller. Or there will be players sailing around for ages looking for another player to fight. The only way from that would be to have a dedicated combat zone and a mainly pve map.But there just isnt going to be enough pve content for a lot of people.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...

would you still double down on ball licking you did earlier for the devs?  But hey atleast you wont have to fight a "shot gun ship" .

I couldn't test this Majestic Kraken to have some opinion of that. Probably I'll do that next season. But... well. I don't fight shot gun already, and do it really old fashion board side way since I've joined seas battles. It's way more tricky and fun then just kite away and shoot.

Oh and I'm pretty fine with new claiming system, as long as I have my claimed spot. I'll see what next season brings.

The devs do need to speed progress up. It's all very well quoting early access forever, but there will come a time when Atlas is so severely dated, that the gameplay issue will be the least of it. Once the gaming industry starts to move on, Games that are struggling will just sink.

I think the "New World" release is the date. When it'll come up, alot of players will run from here to there. And... well... you know, I've watched this last developers update of new world and guy told:

- We working on endgame content!!! Because it's important! We adding hundreds of different weapons, because it's fun for players.

What do we have here? Ppl asked about new weapons. Grapes say: "Well... maybe some day...". Ppl asking about Kraren, Yeti, all endgame. Gapes say: "Well it's non on our current list". But they spend months inventing hats for cats and bears...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

The devs do need to speed progress up. It's all very well quoting early access forever, but there will come a time when Atlas is so severely dated, that the gameplay issue will be the least of it. Once the gaming industry starts to move on, Games that are struggling will just sink. And if Atlas goes mainly pvp only then they will need to make the map smaller. Or there will be players sailing around for ages looking for another player to fight. The only way from that would be to have a dedicated combat zone and a mainly pve map.But there just isnt going to be enough pve content for a lot of people.

UR5 (Unreal 5 engine)looks amazing and has a new feature that we have not seen done before that I know of. Witch might not be saying that much. Regardless, UR5 gives creators of earlier titles the ability to upgrade form UR4 to UR5. This alone gives any game created in UR4 a economical life span through the life of the next engine. So, technically this could not be an issue.

But something else is going to be an issue, a far bigger issue. Its called "Valheim". With a concept as good and new as this, it is only a matter of time until someone makes a legit sandbox game. Now clearly it wont be Valheim (there are only 5 dudes making that game), but more will come and eventually someone will put some money into the project. 

Now Atlas is in year 3 of development and on its, what are we at now? 3rd or 4th set of people working on it. It is really starting to look like they wont get this one off of the ground. That is a big shame. They seem to still be searching for a theme, insane. ITS FUCKING PIRATES! Geniuses, one and all.

I don't know if you have noticed, but Atlas is already mainly PvP. If you need proof, exhibit A is the fact that no one even bothered to make sure that the new PvP towers didn't make it into the PvE version. Lol there is exactly nothing that they can provide on those servers except mayhem with zero recourse. Exhibit B, Just about every problem you have on PvE is solved in PvP. Its not a separate version, its just PvP with dmg to self and structures toggled off for other players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

The devs do need to speed progress up. It's all very well quoting early access forever, but there will come a time when Atlas is so severely dated, that the gameplay issue will be the least of it. Once the gaming industry starts to move on, Games that are struggling will just sink. And if Atlas goes mainly pvp only then they will need to make the map smaller. Or there will be players sailing around for ages looking for another player to fight. The only way from that would be to have a dedicated combat zone and a mainly pve map.But there just isnt going to be enough pve content for a lot of people.

The concept of PVE grids and a few PvP works well on private servers with rules and admins. But you guess what will happen if this would be the official server? Land fight PvPers would be very bored because they all settle themselfes in the PVE area and try to attack everybody on the PvP zones. As this leads to no settlers on the PvP grids they camp the PvP grids with their ships... if the PvP grids are the golden Age and Kraken Grid... you guess it.... no content for PVE because you never go their surviving... it's a total grief. Even the largest Megas will not place their main base on the PvP grids to defend themselves from everybody everyday.

@George Catcher your ideas of so many different ships are good but i think not possible in this game. If this would be a naval combat simulation yes, but it is a copy of a survival taming game with added ships as a new focus(pirate theme). So we already know Devs have lots of issues designing the ships in this modular planks style. It would be very difficult to implement so many sails option customizable on so many different hulls. It looks easy but it all nees to be programmed. The current ship sails are all independended to each other for a good reason. You can exchange them and putt sails like you want but it looks not like realistic sails. Between some of your ships designs are 200-300 years of development.

So if we would have so many ship options it would be only possible with buying complete ship from a vendor and ships only have a total health and no planks to destroy or repair. It would be very different style with no customization than the cannons maybe to replace. Also no front of back facing cannon towers possible etc. Concept of Blue prints would need to change as well... and we would have to wait like 3 years to get the ships implemented... costs for ships could still work with resources and improved ship stats based on BPs and several materials used. But how to differ those designs in trading/transport and combat ships as well?

Well games like Valheim offer some single player content but i tink not all players of Atlas like that theme and graphics. Also it has a little Co-Op but far different to MMO(RPG).

New World can be the massive player drain from Atlas in combination with those worse updates. However Last Oasis was not able to do so. I for myself would have never started Atlas after watching let's plays seeing this worse UI in the first place. Also first impressions of New World Gameplay(Beta) looked very weird to me with those quests in the starter area. And New World is only land combat(I hate the most in Atlas)... there are no ships...

Edited by Nacona

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2021 at 8:28 AM, Nutty Grandad said:

Oh PLEASE !!! Give us a break here. After 25k plus hours in this game (YES that is correct) I thought I had seen it all but alas with every update and the stuffups that come from it just amaze me that these Devs of yours actually earn a salary.
Grapeshot Games and your Devs have proven yourselves to the community time and time again.
You DO NOT listen to us, and are certainly not honest with us.
You DO NOT give due dilligence to your work.
You DO NOT listen to reason.
You DO NOT apply logic to your developments...and so this list could just go on and on.
Your pompous, self-richeous arrogance leaves a LOT to be desired. 

Your pre-built ships are a joke (but no one is laughing) and are in fact so bloody terrible that you cannot even give them away! They are just an eyesore.
You talk about improvements and balances...do any of you know what that means?
EVERY update and your so-called improvements are a total disaster (Do not fix that which is not broken)
When something is 'fixed' then guaranteed it reverts back to a worse situation before the 'fix' after each and every update.

Today I have lost about 2 million in gold, rare resources and bases that took a lot of time and effort to secure - why? Well because you do not update the community as to what exactly will happen and just go ahead with your stupidity. If you hate this cash cow of yours so much, why not sell it to someone who actually would develop it into a world-class leading game? It has the potential for it as the many players have stated here over these past few years 😞



 

Greetings Pathfinder Nutty Grandad!

We, at GrapeShot Games, would like to assure you that we do our best to listen to our players feedback but we have a roadmap and vision for this game.  If Henry Ford had listened to feedback from his customers, we would have a faster horse drawn carriage, instead of cars.  We like to think of ourselves like visionaries and creators of a new world, like our inspiration Christopher Colombus and other bold adventurers!  We want to bring our players a magical pirate experience!  

We would also like to remind all players that this game is still in development!  That means that there will be lots of learning experiences for our team while we try our best to deliver you new content all the time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, twiztedmike said:

Greetings Pathfinder Nutty Grandad!

We, at GrapeShot Games, would like to assure you that we do our best to listen to our players feedback but we have a roadmap and vision for this game.  If Henry Ford had listened to feedback from his customers, we would have a faster horse drawn carriage, instead of cars.  We like to think of ourselves like visionaries and creators of a new world, like our inspiration Christopher Colombus and other bold adventurers!  We want to bring our players a magical pirate experience!  

We would also like to remind all players that this game is still in development!  That means that there will be lots of learning experiences for our team while we try our best to deliver you new content all the time!

Are you retarded? Henry Ford made a quality product. You have turned the car into the horse drawn carriage and now there is horse crap all over the place.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with a lot of the feedback here but the delivery detracts from it's effectiveness.  The name calling, gaslighting, and outright disrespect is probably going to make that feedback go nowhere.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, McDangles said:

I agree with a lot of the feedback here but the delivery detracts from it's effectiveness.  The name calling, gaslighting, and outright disrespect is probably going to make that feedback go nowhere.

To be honest they weren’t going to do any of it from the beginning. We have 2 years of nothing as proof. The tome to coddle is done. They need a reality check after two years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2/9/2021 at 7:50 PM, Whitehawk said:

Ship building is my favourite part of the game. However I would swap some of the build ability for more realistic Pyrate ships and decent interior design. When I first played ,the one thing that put me off from pvp were the floating fortresses that looked nothing like Pyrate ships at all, More like wooden pyramids. I don't want to play like that. But I havent liked anything about the pre fab items so far, ship or buildings.

 

On 2/9/2021 at 8:54 PM, Spicy_Churros_Ttv said:

thanks for replying, the new boats coming in will not stop people from building huge fortress structs on because the build limit is still 40 structures.

 

They just force you to buy a pre-crafted boat without planks/gunport customization in addition to now using a new repair method that's less intensive requires no resources and is currently broken/bugged. TBH those giant pyramid builds have not been used/seen since season 2 unless you play on a pve server. 

 

Also how hard is it for the devs to come up with a "hammock" style bed... Pirates don't sleep on the planks.

They shouldn't ness with the ability to put the planks on yourself because that is what allows some of the armore ships. also a lot of armore sloop designs are just used for fighting sods.. and ...just one final point here....and i really want you to consider my pov for a moment because i disagree that armore sloops = bad but i see where you are coming from so ...my point is...you think armore sloops are bad and "not realistic" or "piratey" enough. in a game where you can ride a 

 GIANT CRAB WITH CANONS ON IT...

But you think armored sloops...literally just some angled wooden armor is too much? If they remove the systems that let someone make an armored sloop this game is 100% dead.

You have to put the armor on before the planks...specialty ships are fine but dont mess with the normal ships ffs.

 

Edited by Jimboscuzbuckler
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...