Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Binks

This Game In A Nut Shell

Die just die.

Seriously I die so often to agressive wilds I don't bother with actually trying to do survival things like cooking, eating, storing food and water, and actually trying not to die. It pointless to even try. 

Ark is challenging, but fun. At some point you'll be established enough that as long you don't do something dumb like fist fight a Rex you'll actually accomplish something that resembles survival.

Dark Souls is a notoriously challenging game, but fun.

This game is just dying for what feels like every 5 mins. Mostly to a random agressive wild. Not very fun at all. It makes having a tame at your back at all times absolutely vital to not dying, and not even that is effective all the time. Especially with ducking lions when grab you. On your balancing passes please look into nerfing aggressive wilds especially lions. 

Edited by Mr.Binks

errr... are you in C6 norht-east island? : ))

There is enormous wild animals spawn there. There are few more islands this like. But most of islands are fine. Like in my island in (NE island G8) I meet couple of wolves in my base - just once a week or so : ) So check few other islands to settle.

The issue lays with with wild lions ability to grab you. Plus every creature having knock back. Too many wilds have the ability to grab or immobilize you and it's ridiculous. Now if this game was properly balanced I wouldn't have to worry about a lion 20 levels or better below me killing me. If weapons out right didn't suck ass and the damage was scalable to your level this wouldn't be an issue. Atlas claims to a MMO and yes it has some MMO properties, but it isn't balanced like a MMO. How come I scale my ship and tame damage, but not my own like we could in ARK?

1 hour ago, George Catcher said:

If you use just a simple wooden spear, you can damage lion even if he grabs you : ) Same when you stuck inside wild animal.

There's still the issue of that spear regardless of quality doing the same damage at lvl53 as it does at lvl1. Plus the hard cap on player HP which leaves us at a disadvantage to even a mid level lion. This game is poorly balanced from top to bottom.  

well, a lion is stronger than a human if it comes to the close fight. You can outrange them with weapons. They let you go if you punsh them... not that will make you survive. Make sure your Bear is not on passiv.

@Mr.Binks

Lions are easy to deal with when you use the right weapon, a mace.

Also as you level up put your points into health.

**Pro tip, you can even ride your tame with the mace out and ready for when they tackle you off

Good luck