Aegis

Make crew repair all structure on ship

Currently when the ship is dock, if you have NPC crew on ship that is not mounted to anything, it will start repair the ship once it is on fully dock, but they only repair the gunport and plank of the ship

Can you make them so they are going to repair all structure on the ship? I mean everything that put on the ship, cannon, sails, deck, wheel, all wall type, ceiling type, roof type structure, etc

I don't see any reason why NPC crew cannot repairer them

I personally would like to see couple of ships features related to this subject.

First one is design. You build your ship. You add custom structures, cannons etc. You paint all. Then you save what you've got as some kind of "design" file and release ship to the ocean.

Second one is repair dock. Structure where you can park you ship nearby then open this design file you've got. And then repair dock shows how many resources (also paints) you need to repair all damaged parts and restore missing parts as well. You bring all to repair dock and then in some short period of time - repair process happens.

Also repair dock could serve as some kind of ship improving facility, within your design you can add either blueprints or crafted parts better quality, bring resources and it replace old parts of your choice to new better ones.

On 2/9/2021 at 8:25 AM, Aegis said:

Currently when the ship is dock, if you have NPC crew on ship that is not mounted to anything, it will start repair the ship once it is on fully dock, but they only repair the gunport and plank of the ship

Can you make them so they are going to repair all structure on the ship? I mean everything that put on the ship, cannon, sails, deck, wheel, all wall type, ceiling type, roof type structure, etc

I don't see any reason why NPC crew cannot repairer them

100% this. After every battle, having to slowly comb over every single built structure to see if they're damaged and repair is valuable time that we could be spending at sea instead. 

On 2/9/2021 at 1:39 PM, George Catcher said:

I personally would like to see couple of ships features related to this subject.

First one is design. You build your ship. You add custom structures, cannons etc. You paint all. Then you save what you've got as some kind of "design" file and release ship to the ocean.

Second one is repair dock. Structure where you can park you ship nearby then open this design file you've got. And then repair dock shows how many resources (also paints) you need to repair all damaged parts and restore missing parts as well. You bring all to repair dock and then in some short period of time - repair process happens.

Also repair dock could serve as some kind of ship improving facility, within your design you can add either blueprints or crafted parts better quality, bring resources and it replace old parts of your choice to new better ones.

Absolutely would love a blueprint feature. This can even cost gold to create, and require gold (in addition to resourecs) to recreate. Again, less time on land and more time on sea. Thematically it can be done via a shipwright type NPC, or saved in a shipyard.

Edited by Dirty Peanut

I agree with this. whats the point in having a crew repair only the base ship. They shoukd repair all structures attached to the ship too