Sign in to follow this  
Dev Crusher

That is wrong with your game :

I try to explain it in very easy words.

a) you build warehouse and market

b) you place large stone gates around

c) some noob with 1 sloop and 1 cannon passes by

d) noob shoots down the large stone gate and the warehouse

e) game over, there in NOTHING you can do to prevent that.

Solution : More HP to warehouses... MUCH more HP (like the market)

There's a lot still wrong and broken with this game. Number one being that there's certain wild animals that if encounter alone you're dead. No amount of leveling will or weapons will save you. You just die.

solutions...
a) build Stonegates turned 90° as you do now and build more...
b) use Woodgates and build even more...
c) just don't build in Lawless and expect 'nothing' to happen...
d) maybe don't build obvious defenses that attract interest and obviously do not work in this game...
e) just replace the warehouse and don't care if you have to replace it... it is cheaper and faster than build and rebuild defenses...
f) why build this stuff, when you can just blow other peoples stuff up and take their stuff...?

I tried with defence towers. Unfortunately they are outranged by player cannons, thus they are a complete waste, players take them out without efforts.

Yes, i just replace the destroyed warehouse. But it is stupid, i would prefer either beeing able to defend it or more HP for the warehouse. Or destruction of the loot when it is shot down.

I had few ideas earlier as "atlas of my dream" thread.

- To save a gold - there should be banks in freeports where we can store our coins (more sailing from base to freeport, btw. But for that freeports should became point of interest with shops, markets, some messages boards, maybe some quest givers etc).

- As for inland PVP war - I would change all concept of land owning.

1) - Each island has peaceful shore and dangerous middle part with dangerous animals, alphas nests, damned army spawns, and if there ever be a quests - all of them leads there.

2) - Shoreline separated to claiming zones. Single\Small company can capture one. Average company - couple of zones. Megas - like up to third part of island (depend on island size). You can build only in captured zone (maybe in the middle part of island as well, but with extreme decay timers).

3) - Each zone can be in 5 states: Available to claim (every1 can go and claim it), Under construction (after claimed for some time all buildings are indestructible, all doors are locked). Claimed (all buildings can be damaged, all defense lines - destroyed). Ruined - after successful attack from other players. (All building damaged, all doors and boxes unlocked, beds don't do respawn, all defenses lines are destroyed). Abandoned (same as ruined but with no damaged building and with defenses line no operating). After some time in Ruined state - zone goes to Under construction. After Abandoned - it goes to Available to claim (with all buildings are destroyed).

4) - There should be "forts" introduced. As heavy defense fortress with enough friepower to deal with single average ship. So before go ashore player should destroy one with his ships cannons. Also there are destructible defense towers, walls and gates introduced - players need to deal inland.

5) - Only after player destroys all defenses - all other buildings can be damaged (not destroyed) to get doors and boxes open.

Edited by George Catcher

22 hours ago, Dev Crusher said:

I tried with defence towers. Unfortunately they are outranged by player cannons, thus they are a complete waste, players take them out without efforts.

Yes, i just replace the destroyed warehouse. But it is stupid, i would prefer either beeing able to defend it or more HP for the warehouse. Or destruction of the loot when it is shot down.

all automated defense in Atlas is useless (or highly reliant on terrain features)... only solution available: MOAR defenses -> MOAR structures -> MOAR lag + less time at sea...

More HP will not help - unless it is armored dock level HP, so only real effort can destroy it... anything less and it is just a matter of time you need to react in defense or your are offline... Dropping less or no loot would defeat the 'pirate' theme...

Would say (especially to save structures and time) that a system of full claim protection in conjunction with a unclaim/claim destruction (like a high HP fort) is an option...
Destroy the claim structure before you can do anything in the claim... make it upgrade-able (more resources invested = more HP/Defenses...) put it on the beach (or in set position on each island, so we can have proper ship to shore battles) and yeah a coastal fort should we hard to kill by ship (= loss of ships is expected)...

On 2/9/2021 at 8:35 AM, George Catcher said:

I had few ideas earlier as "atlas of my dream" thread.

- To save a gold - there should be banks in freeports where we can store our coins (more sailing from base to freeport, btw. But for that freeports should became point of interest with shops, markets, some messages boards, maybe some quest givers etc).

- As for inland PVP war - I would change all concept of land owning.

1) - Each island has peaceful shore and dangerous middle part with dangerous animals, alphas nests, damned army spawns, and if there ever be a quests - all of them leads there.

2) - Shoreline separated to claiming zones. Single\Small company can capture one. Average company - couple of zones. Megas - like up to third part of island (depend on island size). You can build only in captured zone (maybe in the middle part of island as well, but with extreme decay timers).

3) - Each zone can be in 5 states: Available to claim (every1 can go and claim it), Under construction (after claimed for some time all buildings are indestructible, all doors are locked). Claimed (all buildings can be damaged, all defense lines - destroyed). Ruined - after successful attack from other players. (All building damaged, all doors and boxes unlocked, beds don't do respawn, all defenses lines are destroyed). Abandoned (same as ruined but with no damaged building and with defenses line no operating). After some time in Ruined state - zone goes to Under construction. After Abandoned - it goes to Available to claim (with all buildings are destroyed).

4) - There should be "forts" introduced. As heavy defense fortress with enough friepower to deal with single average ship. So before go ashore player should destroy one with his ships cannons. Also there are destructible defense towers, walls and gates introduced - players need to deal inland.

5) - Only after player destroys all defenses - all other buildings can be damaged (not destroyed) to get doors and boxes open.

god all of your points for inland pvp are terrible are you on PVE jesus some islands are extremely small where are you getting this "ring" like contest zone. man, Please dont suggest this against not trying to be mean but its unimaginative and impossible to implement with island size alone. Man maybe in single player or someone's wetdream RP server would this ever work