Sign in to follow this  
BranTuna

Preset Market Trades for Single Player!

Preset Market Trades for Single Player!

Ever since Markets were released, I've incorporated them into every town and city build I've made. However, in Single Player, there just sitting there, part of the background, collecting dust. I want to use them to make gold, just like they do on servers! And so, may I present: Preset Trades! Procedurally Generated Trades that automagically show up in the Market UI on any and all Single Player grids! Generated on placement, these Trades generate Resource Demands that vary depending on which biome the Market was placed! Here's an example:

Step 1: Select A Resource From Current Biome to Offer a Trade, as Usual

Step 2: Click Submit. There's no typing in Price Demands or anything, Trades will take 5-10 Minutes to be Automagically accepted for a Predetermined amount of Resources and Earned Gold Income. This also ties into my Other Idea: Single Player Wild Pirate Sea Fort Claiming! Not defeating Wild Pirate Ships at the Sea Fort in grids that contain Markets will cost you in Taxes! Put those Ramming Ships to good use, me mateys!

- OR -

Step 3: Accept a Procedurally-Generated Offer that appears in the Market UI every 15-30 Minutes, for Resources that are NOT found in your Current Biome. Amounts and Taxes are also Procedurally Generated. This option takes longer because it offers the advantage of getting non-indigenous resources without leaving the grid, so more time = balance.

Note: All of these trade routes will be virtual. They will never physically appear in the world, as this is Single Player and that part is reserved specifically for Server Play, and rate of success depends on Difficulty Setting of both Server Settings and Grid Difficulty, and perhaps whether or not your grid's Sea Fort has been Claimed from Wild Pirate Ships. Wild Pirate Controlled Sea Forts generate Ships just like Islands do, with the type and amount also depending on the grid's Difficulty (3.0 will be easier then, say, 5.0), and they will spawn in a 360 degree circle around said Sea Fort, staying oh-so-close so as not to wander too far into your "Set-it-and-leave-it" Ship navigation path if crossing grids brings you close to a Sea Fort while venturing.

I wanted to bring up this idea because, currently, there is no Official Server for PvE for North America, so I, like many other players, am stuck with Single Player. I enjoy having my own server, but it's not as fantastic as the HUGE map you get with Single Player, so there's more sense of adventure there (the equivalent server rental would cost way too much). Hence, this idea.

Since Grapeshot announced that they are currently listening to their player base and actively working on the game, I'm back and ready for some Pirate Adventure! One can only hope that this game continues to grow, as it is entirely fun both with company, and without!

Have fun out there,

- BranTuna

• Thanks 1

This needs to be a thing for single player, it's annoying spending all those resources to build economy structures only to find out they're worthless, especially when you collected them all on your own. Devs, please please PLEASE give single player some love, I promise we don't bite, we're just socially awkward. We'll even let you pet us. Just love us a little.

Edited by Nunya Business