Sign in to follow this  
hartsia

My Review on atlas

Hi! This is my 3rd season playing atlas,Took a break a season and went singleplayer to complete the game solo, So i have somekinda understanding about the game mechanics.

I play on pvp server, Even if i am also a potato player who loves building and tames and exploring. My mindset is different than many players when it comes to loosing your base/stuff because im an ex gambler, so i dont feel the losses anymore.Dont know if thats a good or bad thing😂 

But enough about me, Lets talk about some good updates they have made.(Keeping it short)

-Farmhouses: I dont have to spend 70% of my time farming anymore.

-Shipgold cost: Gold have more purpose and your harbor/boats dont get raided 90% of the time from dirt cheap schooners.And it feels good to save up money to actually make a betther ship.

-Warehouses:Nice to get different materials easier without hauling all of them, And getting gold by trading is really fun and passiv income while you do other things.

-Manned cannons,puckels: One of the best updates to have for protektin your base, if you are a small company this is awesome, And you can actually make good towers and place them in positions you never really could before.And saves so much time for not having to go get them from freeport.(Well done) And the gold cost is low, Dont change it.

-Armored docks: one of the most needed updates for solos and smaller companys. You actually have your boat floating when you wake up😂 (Welldone)

This was some of my most positiv new updates i wanted to talk about. And say thank you for your active communication with the playerbase and new updates that is coming. 

I will make a list about stuff i think can be patched and fixed to get atlas become betther.

Ps: Make x4 breeding and taming next weekend ❤️

Edited by hartsia

Hmm..do you live in a parallel universe or are we not playing on the same official PVP server ?

armored docks : Yes, thats a nice addition. These are only destroyed if you really piss off some megatribe as it costs time and efforts to destroy them. Unfortunately we dont have "armored bases" and thus we have to use a ship as base at the moment

BECAUSE

manned turrets are trash. Easily outranged by any shabby horse cart cannon+1 naked noob to fire them. Even if they fix that you still can take out ANY land base easily with a mortar. You can believe me, i had several clever placed superfortresses with several hundred overlapping turrets of different kind : Not even 5 minutes for a raider group.

warehouses : nice for gold income but pure cannon fodder to passing sloops with 1 noob+1 cannon at the moment. Or 1 noob+1 cannon + 1 wooden foundation if they have no ship. Not worth it if they dont allow warehouse placement everywhere/give more HP/give defence

farmhouses : destroy a part of the game. They act like tthe central banks : Print free money for everyone ! It is a pitty that the stone age people could not do this : Just print food instead of hunting/farming for it. Would have prevented the hunger in the world !

Edited by Dev Crusher