Sign in to follow this  
Reeking cannonbait

Yarrr

I think a cool idea is to add a victory coin for sinking other players ships and a better capturing system. The victory coins which you could collect and save up could then be traded in for blueprints or other items. There should be  no victory coins for free ships such as sloops, with the gold cost on ships it would make it very expensive to be exploited.  
Also  the only way to steal the cargo on another players ship would be to capture the ship at sea which should be tough but not insanely time consuming. Once you destroy all beds and kill all enemy players on the boat you can capture the boat in a reasonable amount of time provided no other enemy ships are close by. Along With that would have to change the scuttle system so that you can not scuttle a unanchored boat. The reward is stealing and using stolen ships which would add another dynamic to ship combat and a way for players to avoid the gold cost on ships through pvp if successful. 

one more rant stop adding ships that can’t be customized or upgraded. Take more time to figure out the ship code from the developer that ain’t there anymore and continue with the player built ships. 
I have  more rents.... crap.  

Edited by Reeking cannonbait

Victory Coins

This idea sounds wonderful! maybe these could be integrated into the Player Shop, with Blueprints in the Player shop for exchanging said coins for, per say, Resource Bundles, Varying Equipment Blueprints, or even Tames! The Ship Capture System could be integrated into the Claim System, and along with future improvements to said claim system, the results would be fun indeed!

Rants

I understand that you dislike the Pre-Built ships Idea that the Devs are working on. I assure you, this does disappoint alot of players. However, their plan was to make the Player-Built Ships the apex ships, while providing viable alternatives for quick and easy Ships with varying purposes. Consequently, they have to go with a faster approach in order to actually finish the game, hence the Prefabs. That is not to say that future prefabs rolling out won't have customization options, and the devs have promised us they will, but Complete Customization comes with way too much time in development, and puts way more strain on servers, singleplayer, and the like than the average player thinks, and this fixes that. So it isn't that the devs can't code these in, it's that it would take too long, it would take too much time off of bugfixing and the like working on other projects and optimizations in the game, and every Customizable Ship puts far more strain on the system than a prefab one does, even a customizable prefab.

This is the direction that ATLAS is heading in, so that they can finish up the development and achieve a full release. I'm just telling you these things so that you understand, so please don't shoot the messenger. 🙂