Sign in to follow this  
Megalithic

Remove gold costs for building ships

146024211_Atlasroadmap.thumb.jpg.4911e3b7befc997852830ccf9144ed82.jpg                                                               Get Rid of Gold Ship Costs so we can Have wars at SEA Currently its Keeping  The Current state off the game alive

The Future of the roadmap looks Bleack with the addition of more USELESS TAMES MAKE SHIT WE CAN BUILD IN SHIPYARDS FUCKING PEOPLE

• Thanks 2

Agreed.

I pretty much mastered the Trading/market system and was making 5k gold a day. Which sounds nice until you finally get your first galley after 10 days and go on its maiden voyage to collect crew and get killed by a horde of level 30 SotD camping map grid.

I have LITERALLY a million mats to rebuild, but no gold.

So... my time is 99% spent doing nothing in that circle. It just spent WAITING.

You can't take any notice of any road maps, learned that a very long time ago. What they say will happen will most likely be the opposite. I'm still waiting for these monthly streams they promised well over a year ago. If they worked with the big boys of developing games they would have been shot a long time ago.

On 2/1/2021 at 1:46 AM, Megalithic said:

146024211_Atlasroadmap.thumb.jpg.4911e3b7befc997852830ccf9144ed82.jpg                                                               Get Rid of Gold Ship Costs so we can Have wars at SEA Currently its Keeping  The Current state off the game alive

The Future of the roadmap looks Bleack with the addition of more USELESS TAMES MAKE SHIT WE CAN BUILD IN SHIPYARDS FUCKING PEOPLE

The game files seem to contain a promising new ship-construction related feature that might be coming soon that will please you very much, I think.
I won't spoil it for you, but you'll probably be really happy about it.

But in the meantime, how about this?

Paying coin to build YOUR OWN ship makes no sense.
Especially for even a small ship like a schooner.

But requiring blueprints to make more advanced ships wouldn't necessarily be bad.
It already was the case for mythical ships and such.

My suggestion would be to have the following options.

• Freeports
    • Buy pre-made ships for coin
  • Player Shipyard
    • Build entirely custom-made ships with resources
    • Build special ship modules (like the ram) with rare resources and blueprints
    • Construct advanced ships and ship components with blueprints/rare resources

Some ships and parts would require blueprints (for coin or by salvaging).

•  No blueprints required
    • Dinghy
    • Raft
    • Sloop
    • Schooner
    • Brig
  • Blueprints required
    • Galleon
    • Ramming Ship
    • Submarine
    • Other (new) specialized ships
    • Specialized ship parts
      • Ram
      • Torpedo launchers
      • Secondary gun decks
      • Specialized cargoholds
      • etc.

Edited by CompactDisc
  • Thanks 1

@Gortok

Pirate-definition: one who engages in acts of robbery on the high seas (Merriam Webster Dictionary)

How about we focus on that..

This is advertised in the xbox store as the "ultimate pirate experience.."

Enough with the 20+ tames, hats on cats, blueprints, grinding, breeding, farming, farmhouses, warehouses, markets, bosses, gigantic bases, lighthouses, shops, holiday decorations, "exciting new features" ..... AND JUST GET PEOPLE OUT ON THE SEAS FIGHTING AND PLUNDERING. PERIOD.

Thats it. Thats the point of this game. Get back to basics instead of layering all this bullshit into a giant shit sandwich. Focus on the core experience instead of making things so complicated.

Its a pirate game. Let me be a PIRATE then, then, THEN after that let me CHOOSE to fart around with all the anncillary content.

promising new ship-construction related feature 

16 hours ago, CompactDisc said:

The game files seem to contain a promising new ship-construction related feature

The Problem wit this feature is They whant you to pay for Fully built ships in the freeport that means ships for 20k+ gold,

On top of being Un-upgradeable, Take the ramming ship for Example 

1.cost 22k

2. Front section is One whole Plank 7k HP

All other planks 7k HP non upgradeable

3. All prefabbed Cannons are static Non-Upgradeble or demolishable

4. Rows sections once destroyed Gone FOREVER! 

5. Plank replacement Impossible

6. Resource box Useless only use is for Gold for crew payment, Cant repair the boat "UNLESS" you craft The repair kit you need to have on your person and have the hammer

BTW each kit heals about 1k HP so you need tons

this is what the devs think is a great idea for Ship Construction

Im all for ship construction Just add it to our shipyards Freeports are crammed as it is noone whants to make those trips

Noone whants to repair these ships 

As far as peing a piratee game this is more of an Old Timey Naval ship game.

I havent seen any piracy at all The Skill that helps you steal ships is Literally been Useless since day one of release noones gonna wait 7days for a sloop to turn.

• Like 1

BTW each kit heals about 1k HP so you need tons

Most problem here - it requires you to apply each kit one by one, waiting 3 sec. each one. So it just makes ship unrepairable during the battle. It means - useless.

• Like 1

BPS should be removed, they are annoying,, i always thrtough them into the ocean whjere they belong to.

Ships shoudlnt cost coins, and is the reason why this game is dying. They just make the game unnnecessarily grindy to "kill the fun"?! who knows.

aNd the warehouses they introduced just give a fraction of what was inside when u destroy one, to frustrate the raider!?? god knows.

U cant even steal ships. Wait 1 week to  capture a ship!? hell no! This game is so ridiculously bad

On 2/9/2021 at 8:59 PM, chukiki said:

BPS should be removed, they are annoying,, i always thrtough them into the ocean whjere they belong to.

Ships shoudlnt cost coins, and is the reason why this game is dying. They just make the game unnnecessarily grindy to "kill the fun"?! who knows.

aNd the warehouses they introduced just give a fraction of what was inside when u destroy one, to frustrate the raider!?? god knows.

U cant even steal ships. Wait 1 week to  capture a ship!? hell no! This game is so ridiculously bad

i agree BP ship's are dumb stock ship pvp is funner

Atlas is by far the game with the most potential yet one of the worst games that has been ever made.

Edited by chukiki
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Percieval said:

It’s such a bad decision.. No clue as to why they introduced it. 

Clearly, they want only people with warehouses/markets to have ships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Gemini Five said:

Clearly you don't play the game.  Gold is very easy to get without warehouses or markets.  Sure next wipe I will make them if I can, but not for gold.  Making mythic BPs would be my main reason to trade resource types for the 6x you need for each one.

18 hours ago, Gemini Five said:

Well on PvP it's not an issue to get the warehouse because you have to team up there and lawless is pretty much empty.

But on PVE you need some luck to find a place to build, or you also try to join a company and make some virtual friends out there. I know solo sounds good too but the game is designed to interact with others. You can also try to settle on claimable islands but of course you have to discuss this with the owner.

The big question will be the map change and i guess there will be much less players so very good chance you get a spot for 1-2 farms and a warehouse.

On 4/24/2021 at 4:29 AM, McDangles said:

Clearly you don't play the game.  Gold is very easy to get without warehouses or markets.  Sure next wipe I will make them if I can, but not for gold.  Making mythic BPs would be my main reason to trade resource types for the 6x you need for each one.

I've played since the servers opened. Gold grinding for ships is a boring time sink. So much so I quit for a month attempting to grind for a schooner. As soon as I opened a market  I had a gally and more gold then I could spend.

I agree, it helps greatly for resources.

On 4/24/2021 at 4:36 AM, Nacona said:

Well on PvP it's not an issue to get the warehouse because you have to team up there and lawless is pretty much empty.

But on PVE you need some luck to find a place to build, or you also try to join a company and make some virtual friends out there. I know solo sounds good too but the game is designed to interact with others. You can also try to settle on claimable islands but of course you have to discuss this with the owner.

The big question will be the map change and i guess there will be much less players so very good chance you get a spot for 1-2 farms and a warehouse.

I have only spent a little time on pvp servers. I don't think the pvp game is there yet. I've been living on the corner of someone's island on pve.

Yeah, I want to see the new map. And hopefully not live in lawless. In lawless you would now need to claim the area for each gatherer. Right now on pve you can't find many open lawless places to claim. 

• Like 1