Sign in to follow this  
Joew Alabel

[HELP] Updating Server Mods

Good!

I'm having trouble to get my mods updated on my dedicated server.

I uses a lot of mods on my server and I really appreciate some help here, please.

I've one script to download all the mods using steamcmd. (I've windows 2008 server)
But i found 2 problems:

1- steamcmd don't download or generate the file MODID.mod
How could i generate then, please?

2- steamcmd downloads the files in path: MODID\WindowsNoEditor\ so i've to move all files back to MODID\ and delete the WindowsNoEditor folder.
No problem at this point, BUT...
It stills gives me 2 files compressed:

• .z
  • .uncompressed_size

How could I extract then, please? Are there any C# library for this or another way, please?

I was using AtlasServerUpdateUtility (ASUU) but it don't works anymore with Windows 2008 Server. (I'm pretty sure its because new python version that don't works on windows 2008 server).

Or anyone can tell me another way to manage and update the mods on the server, please?

Thank you, have a nice day!

Unfortunately, I can't help directly with the extracting, but I use Atlas Server Update Utility to manage my servers and it has an automatic mod manager feature in it, that helps a lot. Maybe it can help you. It allows you to manage your server without managing lots of config file editing. You can set it to download and install mods automatically or you can click a button to update them.

http://www.phoenix125.com/AtlasServerUpdateUtil.html

They people on their discord is really helpful too.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Captain Dingbat said:

Unfortunately, I can't help directly with the extracting, but I use Atlas Server Update Utility to manage my servers and it has an automatic mod manager feature in it, that helps a lot. Maybe it can help you. It allows you to manage your server without managing lots of config file editing. You can set it to download and install mods automatically or you can click a button to update them.

http://www.phoenix125.com/AtlasServerUpdateUtil.html

They people on their discord is really helpful too.

Ty for the reply but it don't works anymore.
I used this tool for so long, but now it just breaks my server every time it updates the mods.
The tool updated the python version to another one most recent that don't works with Windows Server 2008, so all the time the tool runs to updates the mods, it gives me error and breaks all my mods. I reported to Phoenix125 here in atlas forum and at his github page, but a week now with no reply =(

I came back and used my baths files to start and auto restart after servers crashs, but didn't find yet one tool to update the mods with no problem.

Edited by Joew Alabel

On 2/4/2021 at 2:42 PM, Joew Alabel said:

Ty for the reply but it don't works anymore.
I used this tool for so long, but now it just breaks my server every time it updates the mods.
The tool updated the python version to another one most recent that don't works with Windows Server 2008, so all the time the tool runs to updates the mods, it gives me error and breaks all my mods. I reported to Phoenix125 here in atlas forum and at his github page, but a week now with no reply =(

I came back and used my baths files to start and auto restart after servers crashs, but didn't find yet one tool to update the mods with no problem.

I'm sorry to hear that. That's frustrating! I did see Phoenix125 mention on Discord he's going to rewrite the Mod Updater in the old version of Python so he heard you. I saw some other messages from him mentioning he's working on fixing a lot of problems with the Mod Updater.

He released a new version of ASUU last night, but I don't know if it includes fixes to the Mod Updater yet.

22 minutes ago, Captain Dingbat said:

I'm sorry to hear that. That's frustrating! I did see Phoenix125 mention on Discord he's going to rewrite the Mod Updater in the old version of Python so he heard you. I saw some other messages from him mentioning he's working on fixing a lot of problems with the Mod Updater.

He released a new version of ASUU last night, but I don't know if it includes fixes to the Mod Updater yet.

Yes. I talked with him. He asked me what's the problem to fix then. I'm sure he'll fix then soon 😉
Anyways I made my own tool to manage mods, just a few checks rn and i'll release it too 😄