Sign in to follow this  
Solstar

Please help me understand what I'm doing wrong to place this Farmhouse...

Can someone please explain to me why this isn't turning blue?  The foundation is exactly the right size.

I've checked distances to other farmhouses.  I have permission to place, and if I'm down on the beach, it will turn blue.

Farmhouse Placement.gif

I've now made a floor even larger than the farmhouse footprint and still the problem persists...

Edit: And can anyone explain to me what, "Too Many 'Farmhouse' in Area" 1/1" means?  Clearly it means there is another farmhouse too close, but how unintuitive is the messaging on that....

Farm Place 2.gif

Edited by Solstar
Additional question

I've managed to place my with 6x7 foundations, so it should be just a bit bigger than you made.

And yeah, don't forget that if there are more than 3 structures near, it'll work with just 25% efficiency.  

Edited by George Catcher

It seems to be a problem in the terrain... And a bug since you cant put it even with a flat foundation you built...

Did you tried to place in a more flat surface around ?

I had a similar problem with the warehouse a long time ago and gave up with it. They now have it a race against others to place their structures first, how is that a good experience for players? They should have it where you share resources from other structures if you can't place them. You would not think it is PvE when it's a fight for survival placing structures.

I dread to think what the new claim system will be like, I will give it another go providing their is a wipe but they've tried everything already with claims. You will still get people abusing it 1 way or another.

They could have added Pirates coming into islands on ships and you have to defend against them, something along those lines but I think that would be way over the heads of the current devs.

On 1/24/2021 at 3:36 AM, DannyUK said:

They now have it a race against others to place their structures first, how is that a good experience for players? They should have it where you share resources from other structures if you can't place them. You would not think it is PvE when it's a fight for survival placing structures."

So basically back to the same issue they had when the launched the game.

The whole map was first come, first serve and if you didnt get a claim early, you never got to play the game.

Only difference is now EVERYONE gets to get some materials, but a few people get SHITLOADS while the rest get a pittance by comparison.