Sign in to follow this  
ShingenUK

Force Higher Level Tames to Appear?

Had an incident (Cobra spawned in breeding house, all animals on passive) and it managed to kill 2 of my high level breeding tames.

I have since been running around the island I live on trying to find some new tames. In this case, specifically, Cows and Bulls.

I have tried running around the island, killing every low level cow and bull I find in the hopes that when they respawn they come back higher level. Doesnt seem to be working, I have spent literally around 10 hours over the last few days just running around killing things and havnt seen any cows or bulls over level 23 appear.

I might just be unlucky, but...

Do any of you have any tips for finding higher level tames, or know of a way to force the issue?

Whilst I will keep trying, as I need to find the higher level tames, it would be nice if I didnt have to keep running around killing for refresh tames for 20-30-40+ hours.

Its driving me insane!!!

Any tips?

• Haha 1

AHOY SHINGEN! Sorry about the cobra incident. We had a wall of resource boxes with tons of supplies in them and a cobra was trying to get at a bear inside... of corse it broke 2 of the boxes and we lost all of our stuff in those boxes.... we feel your pain! 

As far as I know, there are a bunch of animals that share spawns. For example (this isn’t accurate but just as an example) kill 3 cows and 2 chickens and a bull spawn. To my knowledge the only way to get higher spawns is to kill the lower level ones. I know, as another example, someone found that trench squid share a spawn with angler fish, sharks and jellyfish in the dev kit. I don’t personally understand how they decipher the information there but I can confirm that when I kill enough of those things a squid or 2 will spawn. 

As far as level, it’s pure chance. I’ve now tamed 6 Tortugar and 4 of them were level 3.... two were 12 and 13. Persistence is key and maybe find out if anyone knows of an island rich with the tames you are after. I figured spawn rates would be the same for most islands but holy cow are there a ton of lions in E4

Sorry I don’t have a perfect answer for you, but I hope I at least got you to read this whole post!🤪

-Dutch East India Company